Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced A Cobra!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raced A Cobra!

i lost, BUT my car did really well to me. me and my friend, he has an 04 cobra stock except for mufflers, went from 30. he even said after the race that he got full traction and hit every shift just right. we were pretty even at first then he started pulling on me up top. not too much either. my BONE STOCK, i just changed the original air filter out, but still put a paper filter in, automatic ss did pretty well and i was extremely pleased with the results. i figured he would win. honestly i thought he was gonna win by more than he did. i cant believe i lacked faith in the 'ol ls1 lol. now time to install some bolt ons and the DP n20 kit i got sitting around.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ummmm....he must not be a good driver or started in the wrong gear. No offense but stock automatic LS1s are no match for a stock 03 Cobra.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Ummmm....he must not be a good driver or started in the wrong gear. No offense but stock automatic LS1s are no match for a stock 03 Cobra.
...especially from a roll, but who cares.

WS Sicks,

Good run! You came out on top and it's sounds like you had some fun. That's really all that matters...that and there were no police involved in the race!
Old 07-06-2009, 05:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I see that you lost and that is respectable death. From a dig and you getting traction it probably would have been closer with him running you down up top. Just out of curiosity what was the distance he beat you by. Yeah get a stall and some N20 and you will hand the Cobra his ***. But all he has to do is a pulley swap...damn those Terminators