Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

A couple of grudge races last night

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A couple of grudge races last night

I hope this is in the right section for grudge races if not please move it for me.

I took my car to the track last night here in Roxboro for the 1st time. after a couple baseline passes there was a guy there with a 64 nova wagon with a small block in it. I've always wanted to run a 1st gen small block just to prove new tech is better. so I take him out by about a bus and a half.

after that i went back to sit in the stands with my gf when i saw a sn95? (the one before the new edge) mustang come in. i was exicited because i always wanted to take out a mustang. He ran while i was watcing and did a 13 in the 1/8th because he spun all the way through 3rd. so i thought i could take him but when he pulled up to park I heard the "whistle". come to find out his car was an svt cobra with a vortech on it. I got a little nervous but i decided i still wanted to run him.

when we lined up I did a burnout and he didnt (both on street tires). I left him at the light with a R/T of .259 to his .758 and 60 footed on him. i thought it was over but right in the traps i saw him catching up.

I did a 9.008 at 80 and some change to his 8.698 at 89. the MOV was .140. so basically i beat him on the whole shot. after the race i got the mandatory mustang guy reaction, "you must've been spraying or something!!!" so i opened the hood for him and he looked disapointed and walked away.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:31 PM
TECH Resident

nice- both times seem real slow but could have been numerous reasons for that

he would have blown your doors off on a longer track but AWESOME kill thanks to that R/T
Old 07-24-2009, 10:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by greatskiiiier
nice- both times seem real slow but could have been numerous reasons for that

he would have blown your doors off on a longer track but AWESOME kill thanks to that R/T
the tracks prep sucked that wensday and everyone was spinning off the line. I have a stock stall and i couldnt stick it if i tried to launch hard. My best sixty was 2.01 on street tires. in the near future i want some billet specialties 15's and some good radials.