Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

C6Z06 vs. Pullied 03 Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 09:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C6Z06 vs. Pullied 03 Cobra

Posted this on SVTP also:

It’s been a while since I’ve posted in this section; mainly because my car has been down for a while. I just got it back up and running not too long ago and went out to a local meet. My license plate reads “Z06 LOL” even though right now I’m only putting down 480rwhp 470rwtq. I got the plates just to stir the pot a little. I guess it worked because one C6Z didn’t like it too much and wanted to run. I had ran one before when I was putting down 441/431 and it was close but I was eager to see how my new motor would do against one.

I wanted to go from a dig and he wanted a 55mph roll. So we went out and did a roll-race (definitely not my favorite) and I honked three times. In second we were door to door, third I started pulling (not much at all, maybe a fender length) and fourth I stayed barely ahead of him. I shut it down at 120 and he kept going. It was a VERY close race. I tried to get another run but he wouldn’t line up again for another run.

We came to a stop light at the exit from the highway and I asked why he didn’t want to run again. He said “let’s go right here.” I was more than happy to run from a dig. We both spun a little and I ended up putting about a car length on him.

We got back to the meet and the guy was less than cool (to say the least). With plenty of witnesses watching the race and the outcome of the races, he claimed he beat me. I admitted to him that it was very close and that’s why I tried to run him again from a roll. He said, “No, we’re only racing once and you got beat!” I couldn’t stop laughing. I thought this guy was cool but then he pulls this bullshit? I told him if he’s so confident he won, lets go out again and I’ll have someone record it. He declined and said it was time for him to go home. I have never seen this level of immaturity from such an older adult. The conversation kept up for a few minutes with no real resolution. He was saying he won by a mile and I was wondering how he figured that he won when I was ahead? Maybe he wanted to go to 180mph? I told him I was only racing to the top of 4th but I guess he didn’t like that too much. I will not race in 5th and 6th gear.

This being a stock C6Z06 I think it was a pretty good race. I wasn’t expecting to win, I was just trying to see how close I’d be to one of them.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice kill OP! That was a btch move and I have never known a c6Z owner to be so childish! They are usually cool...
Old 07-24-2009, 09:26 AM
Staging Lane

awesome kill!
Old 07-24-2009, 09:28 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
nice kill OP! That was a btch move and I have never known a c6Z owner to be so childish! They are usually cool...
That's what I said lol. I have a lot of friends that have vettes and none of them are like that. It made for a good laugh though.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

I bet he had a hard time sleeping that night.
Nice kill and runs sounded fun.

Those ls7s are sick!
Old 07-24-2009, 10:06 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by AaronK
That's what I said lol. I have a lot of friends that have vettes and none of them are like that. It made for a good laugh though.
sounds like he used to be a ricer... and upgraded to a C6Z when his import got raped by one! lol

flame suit on! We about to have import nation up in here in a quick minute!
Old 07-24-2009, 10:18 AM
Teching In

nice kill man...the guys should just man up and run again if he's so confident that he won by miles...lol..
Old 07-24-2009, 10:19 AM
AGH
Staging Lane

Nice kill. He says he won by a mile because you let off and he stayed in it.

When I am beating someone all the way from a 20 or 30 punch to 100mph I figure I proved the point and get out of it.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:28 AM
Teching In

If you would have stayed in it, do you think he would have started to pull? I don't know, that's why i'm asking haha.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:29 AM
Teching In

sounds like he used to be a ricer... and upgraded to a C6Z when his import got raped by one! lol
Ya know, I hate to say this but he said he had an 03 Cobra before he bought that Z06 ... he sure acted like he drove a civic though lol

Originally Posted by AGH
Nice kill. He says he won by a mile because you let off and he stayed in it.

When I am beating someone all the way from a 20 or 30 punch to 100mph I figure I proved the point and get out of it.
Right? There's no point in going that fast when you start at 55, and there were cars up ahead anyways.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Kiser10
If you would have stayed in it, do you think he would have started to pull? I don't know, that's why i'm asking haha.
Oh, I'm sure if I would have gone into 5th he probably would have at least been door to door with me again if not pulled maybe half a car of so. My Cobra has the aerodynamics of a brick compared to the C6Z06. Regardless, I will not race in 5th or 6th gear, period.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Kiser10
The Z06 probably would've started pulling closer or inched ahead, but there's really no reason to race to that speed. 120 is more than enough. If the Z06 can't make up the ground by 120, then that's too bad.

Nice kill.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:36 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
The Z06 probably would've started pulling closer or inched ahead, but there's really no reason to race to that speed. 120 is more than enough. If the Z06 can't make up the ground by 120, then that's too bad.

Nice kill.
thats 1/4 trap speed anyways isnt it? if you cant do it within a 1/4 from a dig then its a pointless race! Understandable from a roll.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:43 AM
Teching In

thats 1/4 trap speed anyways isnt it? if you cant do it within a 1/4 from a dig then its a pointless race! Understandable from a roll.
I think c6zs trap a little more than that.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:55 AM
TECH Regular

I've read about stock Z06's trapping 130mph in the 1/4. It seems maybe he wasn't a good driver. Definitely not a cool way for him to act that's for sure.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:08 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Johns00Z28
I've read about stock Z06's trapping 130mph in the 1/4. It seems maybe he wasn't a good driver. Definitely not a cool way for him to act that's for sure.
The fastest stock C6Z06 on record is 128mph that I'm aware of.

Nice runs Aaron! What all is done to your car now??
Old 07-24-2009, 11:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

where was this? If it was houston ill grab the guys to go mess with him endlessly lol. I hate people like that, race and lose like a man or swallow your cajones and go home.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
The fastest stock C6Z06 on record is 128mph that I'm aware of.

Nice runs Aaron! What all is done to your car now??
Copied from SVTP sig:

Metco 2.8 upper | BBK LTs | BBK Off-Road H | Borla CB | Bassani Tips | K&N FIPK | LFP Throttle Body | Accufab Plenum | J/E Pistons & Rings | Custom Clutch | 26 Spline Input Shaft | BAP | GT Pumps | Billet Flow Idlers | SCT Chip | Built T-56 | FRPP 3.73s | H&R Sport Springs | Self-ported Blower | Steeda Tri-ax | TR7s | Steeda Clutch Quadrant | Steeda Firewall Adjuster | Steeda Differential Brace | 60# Injectors

Tuned by HPP

Pretty much the same as it was, but I rebuilt the motor over the past few months because I dropped an exhaust valve. I decided to put some good pistons and do a valve job, nothing that gave me any real power. Nitrous will be going on within the next few weeks... and my goal is to have a twin screw by December.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:28 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
where was this? If it was houston ill grab the guys to go mess with him endlessly lol. I hate people like that, race and lose like a man or swallow your cajones and go home.
This was in DFW area. I here Houston has some decent racing down there.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:57 AM
TECH Regular

Do you have any track numbers?

Nice kill. Some people just can't handle losing.