Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Playing with snakes.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 09:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Playing with snakes.

Had a couple run in's with a some cobras the past few days. Was out on a drive a little bit ago and saw an 03-04 cobra rip up an on ramp so I decided to see if he wanted to play. Caught up to him a mile down the highway and he immediately knew what was up.

Slowed to around 50 mph, perfect for me in 2nd at ~4k rpm, he honked and we hit it. To the top of second he put me on his rear bumper and by the end of third, ~110mph, he had me by between 2 and 3 cars. Thing was nasty loud and obviously not stock. Gave him a friendly honk and point as he was exiting and he did the same.

So, yesterday I was out getting gas and a '98 or similar model cobra pulled up to the light next to the station just as I was finishing. He started revving and I was immediately interested to find out what kind of supercharger he had. Jumped in my car and caught up to him at light with a skittle full of teenagers right behind me. He had heavy tint and I guess wasn't looking at me cause I was trying to get his attention to no avail. When he started creeping forward as the light changed on the cross-street I figured he was gonna go for it, right in front of the police station. I was gonna ask him to go to another street but... Light changed green and we kinda just rolled to around 10mph and then he hit it, as did I. At the 1-2 shift I had about a fender which quickly turned into him at my back bumper by the end of 2nd and held it there till we shut down at around 80. Ended up pulling over and talking with him about the cars. Said he had just bought it and the clutch needs replacing and it was a procharger at an unknown amount of boost. He owns an exhaust shop and said he does inspections which he's not picky about, sah-weet.

Last edited by TheTugBoat; 07-25-2009 at 10:05 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:24 AM
11 Second Club

still can't get over a 4 door pontiac keeping up with supercharged cobras....awesome
Old 07-26-2009, 05:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

damn Tug, sounds like some exciting runs. nice death good kill, always bad *** when you find an exhaust shop and inspection station rolled into one, especially when you find it by street racing the owner haha. He knows darn well your not a LEO
Old 07-26-2009, 11:14 AM
Staging Lane

Sounds like a badass G8! A kill and a death, plus no one goes to jail good night!
Old 07-28-2009, 11:27 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by speedshifterNC
still can't get over a 4 door pontiac keeping up with supercharged cobras....awesome
It's a pretty awesome feeling knowing the layman looks at my car and see's some sort of 4 door 4 cyl import thing. Obviously not these cobra drivers, but the people driving g35/37s and non M bimmers that think they're driving race cars. Suprises are fun.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:12 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by TheTugBoat
It's a pretty awesome feeling knowing the layman looks at my car and see's some sort of 4 door 4 cyl import thing. Obviously not these cobra drivers, but the people driving g35/37s and non M bimmers that think they're driving race cars. Suprises are fun.
Oh trust me, the G35, G37, and M drivers are up on game too. They know what's out there just like we do.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:17 PM
Launching!

Was talking about the non m bimmers. and most of my questions of what kind of car i'm driving come from the g35 owners. not fair to lump in the g37s I guess.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

if youve smoked em all, lump em together, screw it lol. I kinda wish i had a g8, those things are Sah Weet! nice interior, fast, rear wheel drive, 4 door, and theyll take most cars on the road with just a few basic mods. Look sexy as hell too