Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Magnum SRT8 with an LS1 (what a joke)

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 06:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Magnum SRT8 with an LS1 (what a joke)

Im driving home from work the other day, mining my own business; when I pull up next to this young kid at a red light in an SRT8 Magnum. He eye balled me and was expecting me to acknowledge him to but I ignored him. When the light turn green; he took of like a bat from hell and I stayed behind ( too many cops in that area) taking off slowly but in my head i though hopefully we meet at another light and Ill run him... well, we meet again this time i gave it to him... left him but like two cars after second gear. Pulls up to me at the next red light and ask "is it a SS or a Z28" so i answered then he proceeds to ask if it had an LS1 and "I'm like yeah what do you have" to my suprise this dumbass says " an LS1" I couldnt hold it in and started laughing in his face.

The LS1 must be a new factory option for the Magnum.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is an option

LOL what a fool! those SRT8's can run 12s with ease but this fool obviously had no business in a powerful car.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:21 PM
12 Second Club

you mean you didn't know? now there is an optional supercharged LS3. they are calling it the Magnamaro. ha ha
Old 08-12-2009, 08:01 PM
TECH Addict

Atleast your guy didnt create an engine like the guy i met that told me he had an LT2 in his LT1 Vette lol
Old 08-12-2009, 08:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm suprised he didnt tell me " your car moves... that things got a Hemi"
Old 08-12-2009, 08:22 PM
TECH Addict

hahah GM - MOPAR whats the difference anyways
Originally Posted by Badguy7
Atleast your guy didnt create an engine like the guy i met that told me he had an LT2 in his LT1 Vette lol
that must of been the rare ZR2!
Old 08-13-2009, 02:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lilpb1
Im driving home from work the other day, mining my own business; when I pull up next to this young kid at a red light in an SRT8 Magnum. He eye balled me and was expecting me to acknowledge him to but I ignored him. When the light turn green; he took of like a bat from hell and I stayed behind ( too many cops in that area) taking off slowly but in my head i though hopefully we meet at another light and Ill run him... well, we meet again this time i gave it to him... left him but like two cars after second gear. Pulls up to me at the next red light and ask "is it a SS or a Z28" so i answered then he proceeds to ask if it had an LS1 and "I'm like yeah what do you have" to my suprise this dumbass says " an LS1" I couldnt hold it in and started laughing in his face.

The LS1 must be a new factory option for the Magnum.
I literally just laughed when I read his response. I mean what the hell... Did he really think you were stupid? I would've laughed my *** off if this happened to me.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:12 AM
Banned

I hope he was joking, or else he'll start buying a SLP lid and LS6 intake and stuff like that.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Damn, now that i think about it .... I should've offer him the headers i got... since he has an LS1.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:10 AM
Launching!

Wow just wow, that's all I can say.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:15 AM
TECH Addict

I ran a kid in a C5 Vette once and beat up on him pretty good. When we talked afterwards, he said he saw that it was just a Z28 and not an SS, so he figured he could take me without a problem. Turns out he thought the Z28 came with an LT1 and the SS came with an LS1. Big "whoops" on his part. It was even better because the Vette was his dad's car.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
I ran a kid in a C5 Vette once and beat up on him pretty good. When we talked afterwards, he said he saw that it was just a Z28 and not an SS, so he figured he could take me without a problem. Turns out he thought the Z28 came with an LT1 and the SS came with an LS1. Big "whoops" on his part. It was even better because the Vette was his dad's car.
I dont understand how all this kids are getting these cars. Just a shame.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

what an ignorant dude!!
Old 08-13-2009, 10:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds like this guy here who has a grand prix gxp. He told me when I first got my car that it had nothing on an SS... We raced, and he changed his mind.

Or this other guy here with a cobalt ss/tc. He was telling people that the ls1 cars are nothing like what they are cracked up to be. Then he caught me from a 20 roll twice, he shut his mouth to me after that but still talks crap to a good friend of mine who has an 02 ws6. I don't understand that.

I really wish people would learn what the hell they are talking about before they go spouting off at the mouth.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Swift_01_z-28
Sounds like this guy here who has a grand prix gxp. He told me when I first got my car that it had nothing on an SS... We raced, and he changed his mind.

Or this other guy here with a cobalt ss/tc. He was telling people that the ls1 cars are nothing like what they are cracked up to be. Then he caught me from a 20 roll twice, he shut his mouth to me after that but still talks crap to a good friend of mine who has an 02 ws6. I don't understand that.

I really wish people would learn what the hell they are talking about before they go spouting off at the mouth.
I don't understand those type of people. I saw this turbo 240sx and we played around on the street for a while and I asked if he wanted to run and he said "its not even like that" then I find out he's telling my girl and all their co-workers he smoked me. Then one day I went to pick up my girl from work and there he was.... I drove up next to him in my DD and I said "I heard you were telling people you smoked me when we didn't race and when I asked you to run you said "its not even like that". So I asked him to run that night and he said he had a blown head gasket. Its funny though because his baby momma's mom babysits my daughter so we'll for sure run into each other again.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

actually the mopar hemi motor was inspired by the gen3 ls engine.
it has alot of ls like features.
but yea, i totally bitch slapped a orange loud hemi challenger from a 40 to 140 roll, went to 140 just prove point..
that engine is not up to the ls capacity, in theory the hemi heads should be superior over the ls heads. but there not.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:10 PM
Staging Lane

We won't even go into the driver mod part, obviously. But OP, what mods do you have?
Old 08-18-2009, 08:18 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Sounds like you raced an idiot.

No bans here.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
We won't even go into the driver mod part, obviously. But OP, what mods do you have?
Intake, headers full exhuast and hand held programmer tune.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:30 PM
TECH Addict

lol. I was at work and noticed that a parking spot had become available in the front of the building were the exits are so I desided to move my car! I backed into the spot, walked up to the chairs and tables in the front and a very sexxy looking blond was sitting out side smoking a cigarette. As I sat down and lit a cig she looked over to me and said and I qoute " that think got a hemi?". I about died