Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

stupid race: regal gs vs mustang

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 10:36 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default stupid race: regal gs vs mustang

so my car is currently down for a header swap and will be for a few more days since a drunk driver hit my gf with a truck (not her car, HER). so i had to drive my moms car (2001 buick regal gs) over to my bank this morning, and i pull out and come up to the light next this S197 mustang with a very loud idle. i asked what it was and he said "intake stuff and headers to mufflers" i was about to ask what what in between but the light turned green so we had to take off, but the stang sounded gross. so i looked at the side for the "gt 4.6" badge, and it wasnt there. it was a v6! to make it worse it looked like he really did just put mufflers off of the collectors cuz it ended before the half point of the car. well i had to get over so i passed him and i guess he saw the "supercharged" badge that comes on the car and he whipped it around me and pulled up next to me at the next light and asked if i wanna run. i was caught off guard, and half asleep so i was just like "uhh sure...20 roll good?" but he just nails it when it goes green so i barely even have time to turn the traction off. i quickly reeled him in and put a few cars on him by 80. [his car sounded like an auto btw.] and since i was ahead , i didnt get the chance to talk to him after before i had to turn off. oh well, i thought i was amusing that my moms bone stock regal put a few on a modded car. L67 FTW!

if you read this whole thing, sucks for you. you just wasted all that time on a boring story. anyone else have stupid races like this with a car that def wasnt for racing? DD, beaters, etc.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:01 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol

I raced some civic with 98 Ram Ext Cab with 3 people in it lol I shut down at 40 since we were heading into a construction zone
Old 08-14-2009, 11:26 AM
10 Second Club

Douche...you owe me 2 mins of my life back....Those friggin tape racers.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

so are the regal gs's supercharged 3800's?
Ive always liked them, there was one in town here that was pretty fast, well for what it is.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach
Douche...you owe me 2 mins of my life back....Those friggin tape racers.
hey youre the one that clicked on a thread titled "stupid race"

Originally Posted by shtnfrds
so are the regal gs's supercharged 3800's?
Ive always liked them, there was one in town here that was pretty fast, well for what it is.
my friend's brother had one that would beat a good amount of h/c cars here, amazing what a turbo swap will do. theyre a pretty decent car, and the ride is AMAZING.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:08 AM
TECH Resident

Gotta love the gs! I had one with a few mods and would shock alot of people.
I like the gs over my comp g. Wish I still had that car.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:18 PM
Launching!

Yep! I've waxed two new Civic Si's as well as had my *** handed to me by a nicely modded (guessing K20 swap) 01+ Si. Funny how it's only hondas that wanna run me lol. This was while driving my bone stock 02 GTP (beater).