Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

which will win ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 11:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which will win ?

222/224 cam ,rocker ,rollers ,springs, full exhaust ,drag bag, relocation brackets, lower controlarms, subframe conectors ,tune big skinnys,3.73s, 3600 stall , micky et street drag radials 275 60 15, lid smoooth bellow , ram air , nick nacs 2002 z28 .......or ..... 91 notch with 306 heads cam on 18 saleen wheels , manual ....... who would win
Old 08-31-2009, 02:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well... whats a 91 notch? You mean a Mustang LX 5.0? 306 heads? or did you mean .030" overbored 302?

Your car should be running low 12's with no weight loss mods. A full GT40 equiped 5.0 (heads, cam, headers, exhaust, intake manifold, CAI, 3.73 gears) would still get its azz handed to him by your setup. Heck, I raced a '90 GT with all those mods I just listed AND running a Paxton at 6psi and I still pulled him from 15mph to 110mph. (15mph because he had traction issues, but I wanted a dig, so we settled). I havent been to the track yet, but with my mods past experience says I should be 12.8 to 13.0 @ 110mph.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:41 PM
TECH Regular

This belongs in the Bench racing forum.

A bored over 302 with new heads and a cam can be a dog or a beast.
How much did the LS1 make when it was tuned (it was tuned right?)?
Old 08-31-2009, 04:39 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
This belongs in the Bench racing forum.

A bored over 302 with new heads and a cam can be a dog or a beast.
How much did the LS1 make when it was tuned (it was tuned right?)?
I'm sure it had to be for those "rollers" and "big skinnys"...

but yeah...he does say a tune somewhere in that list of mods and nick nacs.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Well... whats a 91 notch? You mean a Mustang LX 5.0? 306 heads? or did you mean .030" overbored 302?

Your car should be running low 12's with no weight loss mods. A full GT40 equiped 5.0 (heads, cam, headers, exhaust, intake manifold, CAI, 3.73 gears) would still get its azz handed to him by your setup. Heck, I raced a '90 GT with all those mods I just listed AND running a Paxton at 6psi and I still pulled him from 15mph to 110mph. (15mph because he had traction issues, but I wanted a dig, so we settled). I havent been to the track yet, but with my mods past experience says I should be 12.8 to 13.0 @ 110mph.
SnS!!!! Whats up brother! Its FastLS6speed on LS1GTO.. Good to see you took the jump to see how it is on this side of the tracks... lol

And yes! This thread needs to be on the Bench racing section OP. Should get moved soon.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:02 PM
Teching In

That's an easy guess! However, my brother has a 400 cu.in. set up going on his 89' Hatch soon. When its all said and done, he is going to pass it off as the same punched- over 302!! Only those ford guys will really know the difference, so, watch out for their tricks. Ford owners will do ANYTHING to put a good spankin' on any LS powered vehicle. (that includes my brother) He's secretly building it so that nobody will suspect. It's going to be fairly loud, so his gameplan will involve the claim that it simply has a larger cam and some head work. Who will know but the wiser? If he's really confident, look out, he just might have something up his sleeve.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
SnS!!!! Whats up brother! Its FastLS6speed on LS1GTO.. Good to see you took the jump to see how it is on this side of the tracks... lol

And yes! This thread needs to be on the Bench racing section OP. Should get moved soon.
Hey man, hows it going? I added your friends request btw.

I'm just putting my foot into the pool over here. And have already been called "another nOOb". lol
Old 08-31-2009, 08:09 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

GUYS, read the stickies. I am giving 3 day bans from now on if you guys post Bench Racing threads in the Street Racing Section.

I'm leaving this open so it can be bumped and everybody can focking read it.

New guys, read these now so we don't have to ban anyone else, though I'm sure I will.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...-retarded.html

" WHAT IF " THREADS, GO IN BENCH RACING! " Who will win" or "Is my car fast enough"....

If it has NOT happened yet, post it in Bench (below). If you HAVE raced and want to share your loss/win, post in Street Kills. You can't have a kill if you have NOT raced.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dyno-bench-racing-forum-150/
Old 09-01-2009, 04:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Agreed Jason, TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Old 09-01-2009, 10:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default New BS thread?...It's been awhile!!!!!!

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1

I saw you on SVTp ya jerk. Actually Chris spotted you. you need to hang out in the SD section more man. LOL

I'm just putting my foot into the pool over here. And have already been called "another nOOb". lol
That *******. Who would be such a *****.

Thank you Jay. (new bs thread?)
Old 09-01-2009, 10:45 AM
Staging Lane

Hey Ponygt65, I got one for you: I raced a guy who had a late 00's Mustang GT striped up with "GT350", with a shaker style hood scoop and different rims. Speed wise it appeared to be no different than a regular mustang GT though, and alot of guys called BS saying that Saleen never made a GT350 package for the Mustangs. Saleen's website mentioned it as a $1800 sticker and wheel upgrade; Motor Trend article talked about it being a engine upgrade to 320hp. Which is it? I've only seen it that once, it was red with white stripes, with white "GT 350" across the rocker area just like the GT500.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:15 PM
Teching In

You need to be more specific about the mods on the notchback. It could be a 13-second car or a 10-second car.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by ponygt65

Thank you Jay. (new bs thread?)

Sounds good to me
Old 09-01-2009, 03:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey Ponygt65, I got one for you: I raced a guy who had a late 00's Mustang GT striped up with "GT350", with a shaker style hood scoop and different rims. Speed wise it appeared to be no different than a regular mustang GT though, and alot of guys called BS saying that Saleen never made a GT350 package for the Mustangs. Saleen's website mentioned it as a $1800 sticker and wheel upgrade; Motor Trend article talked about it being a engine upgrade to 320hp. Which is it? I've only seen it that once, it was red with white stripes, with white "GT 350" across the rocker area just like the GT500.
Neither. There was never a "GT350 package" for New Edge mustangs from either Saleen or the factory. If that was a New edge with GT350 'stickers' and a 'shaker', it was all put on by the owner. Shakers in New Edge's were only available on the Mach 1s or aftermarket through CDC (Classic Design Concepts). Saleen never installed a Shaker vehicle, nor made a GT350.

Do you have a link that backs up Saleen having a "GT350" package? I can't imagine that even being a possiblity because Saleens packages are "S" (S281, S281SC, S281E) and the GT350 was a copywrite of Shelby which is why Ford had to pay $$$ back in 1984.5 when they released the GT350 foxbody after CS sued them.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:28 PM

Anybody seen Steve Saleens knock off of the now defunct Techno Supercharger?

http://www.smssupercars.com/296.html
Old 09-01-2009, 07:54 PM

BS threads are rare and they are NOT about Street Kills. It is simply to talk about BS and shoot the shet. Be respectful though, all I ask.

Wow, you guys are a blast, keep it down in here.

I would like to get your ideas on this repeating pattern of behaviour..

I sold my KB Cobra, then 6 months later, I wanted another one. I bought a mint 2002 SS and had it for 2 months and sold it. Then I bought my 1st C6 (2006 A6) and modded the hell out of it...everything....then sold it because I never drove it. Now I miss it, or atleast KNOWING it's there even if I did'nt drive it, that's what I think it is really. When we see all these mods, kills and new products and killer dyno numbers and times, I want to jump right back into it. Maybe I'm just getting older (34) I don't know. Next car I buy, I will just keep it for a minimum of 24 months I guess, just in case.

I wanted a C6Z but I have changed my mind. Now I am confused on another built KB Cobra for $20-22K and a perfect mint LS3 C6 for $33,500.

The point is....WTF do we go through these cycles or is it just me?

I am surprised that I am still married. Atleast my credit score shot up 100 points with all the paid off loans.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
BS threads are rare and they are NOT about Street Kills. It is simply to talk about BS and shoot the shet. Be respectful though, all I ask.

I sold my KB Cobra, then 6 months later, I wanted another one. I bought a mint 2002 SS and had it for 2 months and sold it. Then I bought my 1st C6 (2006 A6) and modded the hell out of it...everything....then sold it because I never drove it. Now I miss it, or atleast KNOWING it's there even if I did'nt drive it, that's what I think it is really. When we see all these mods, kills and new products and killer dyno numbers and times, I want to jump right back into it. Maybe I'm just getting older (34) I don't know. Next car I buy, I will just keep it for a minimum of 24 months I guess, just in case.

I wanted a C6Z but I have changed my mind. Now I am confused on another built KB Cobra for $20-22K and a perfect mint LS3 C6 for $33,500.

I am surprised that I am still married. Atleast my credit score shot up 100 points with all the paid off loans.
**** Jay...I'll take a 94-96 MGT right about now....I've even found myself saying...F' it..I'll even take a freakin' 6 cyl.

Seriously though..as long as you are smart with it, and it doesn't cause marital issues, why not? I'd go for a TT Cobra. You haven't had one of those yet.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ive yet to finish or sell a project, i always total them. Vehicle wise though, after every insurance paycheck, its always an upgrade or something totally different but cool. A 77 chevy truck, a CBR600, a hard loaded z71 suburban, now a 98 z28. my camaro has recently stepped into the winners circle for most mods of any vehicle ive owned though.

I agree with ponygt65, long as no lady problems or massive depts, go for it.

jay how bout something wild an out, like a silverado 2500 with the 8.1L and stick a big *** roots type on top? all the drivetrain and suspension can already handle the power lots of interior space and a place to put another toy( 4 wheeler, jet ski, etc)
Old 09-02-2009, 05:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2

Jay you can buy my junk it will be for sale shortly
Old 09-02-2009, 06:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

WTF DT......bad times?