Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

got drug by a TT c5 frc

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 09:47 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default got drug by a TT c5 frc

Copied from a board site (ghostrider is a local with a badass kb cobra)
him:
After spending two weeks without the vette and waiting all night for the ever elusive GhostRider, I decided to go have a little fun this afternoon. I had just put a few gallons of Shell's finest in the tank and spotted a silver Z28 ducking under an overpass a couple of blocks away. I sped up the tempo a little in hopes of catching up to the potential competitor. I took a lucky guess on the direction that he took and was rewarded by pulling up behind the silver z at the next stop sign. I could tell that he was ready by the low tire pressure in his M/T drag radials and the decent lope from the aftermarket camshaft. We pulled out together and then caught the next red light. I rolled down the passenger side window and eyed the car beside me. The driver motioned to the light and the road ahead and then I heard the rpms began to climb as he staged for the green light. The hook had been set. Streetassasin was thinking to himself "This guy's probably just some old man in a vette. I've got him covered."

I smiled as I brought the engine up to 3500 rpms and waited for the light to turn green. It seemed like an eternity and then it was over as soon as it had begun. A perfectly executed launch and two quick shifts later and the competitor faded into the background. We then went from a 60 punch and the outcome was the same.

Thanks for the competition streetassasin and hopefully we can go again after you complete your next round of modifications.

my reply:
Good runs man, I thought I had an easy win

First run: I stalled it up to 2k and launched hard on green, zero traction peddling it through first and he hooked and booked, I'd say 5-6 cars on me by 80 when I shut it down.

Second run: from a 60ish 3 honks and he jumped out a car quick and just kept pulling around 5 cars again when I shut it down.

I want me rematch on bottle after I get my suspension set up squared away and a good tune on it (short shiftin a 236/238 cam at 5700) I plan on doing the lca's and some weight redduction today, it goes in for the trans and stall out of the ss tomorrow

Way to make me feel like a slow turd

Last edited by streetassasin; 09-01-2009 at 09:52 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its ok to get drug by a tt vette..I'll take that loss anyday. I'm feeling ya on the short shifting as I've got one in the shop for an adj. master and the other needing one as well
Old 09-01-2009, 12:21 PM
11 Second Club

Atleast yall when know to shift lol. Even in 2nd...my race against the ported cobra didn't go well, because the tach lags too much. I was watching for my 7k rpm shifting, and at 6500 on the tach I started bouncing the limiter...7200 rpm. ******* sucks.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:25 PM
12 Second Club

mines an auto.........
Old 09-01-2009, 12:29 PM
11 Second Club

get a ******* stall and a tune!!! lol. And nice car after your other one got totaled man....
Old 09-01-2009, 01:10 PM
12 Second Club

thanks man it has a **** stall and a **** tune lol, it goes in later today to get the tranny/stall from the ss put in then in a little while its getting aa good tune put on it