Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

05 CTS-V vs. 05 EVO8

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 02:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exclamation 05 CTS-V vs. 05 EVO8

I was driving down OLD Mexico road in Mexico yesterday around 6:00pm when I seen a 05 white EVO8 cross the intersection in front of me.. I know the guy in the EVO so I gave chase... Its been a few months since we've seen each other and I didnt have the V back then.

I pulled up next to him at about 45mph and asked him if he wasted to run and he said sure! Ive seen this kid beat other cars before so I new this was going to be fun. I also didnt want to run him from a roll because I wanted to see how I faired against him at a dig. We pull up to a light and I disarmed my T/C as EVO was reving up.

I was very nerves because I've never raced an EVO from a dig before. Light turns green and we both launched but I over reved it and started spinning BAD!! He pulled busses on me by the time I got out of the spin so I caught up to him and he had this big smile on his face because he just smoked me..

I told him that I spun clear thru 1st and that I would like to do it again! He said sure so this time we lined up at a stop sign, I let him get the hit but this time I took my time on the launch and didnt rev at all, By mid intersection his back tire was at my mid door and by the time we made it thru the intersection I had put my back tire at his intercooler and by the time we shut it down I was about 3 or 4 cars out.

This time he was confused so I told him that we can go again and he said cool. We got to another Stop sign but this time I reved up right under 2k and let him get the hit again but this time we were door to door and I easily walked past him and put busses on him this time... I was sooo happy that I got to race my First EVO8 kill...

EVO8 1 - 2

CTS-V 2 - 1
Old 09-28-2009, 08:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol you have a de-badged cts-v and its painted the actual color 'stealth gray'
I want a cts-v
Old 09-28-2009, 09:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

nice......................love those V's
Old 09-30-2009, 07:50 AM
Launching!

Nice, good for you for getting him from a dig.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:29 AM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

evos are silly
Old 09-30-2009, 11:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

hugger1975...how much for those 2 cars as a package deal?...I could see both of them in my driveway...

OP....nice kill from a dig no less
Old 09-30-2009, 12:22 PM
Teching In

any idea of whats done to the evo? or you know who it is?
Old 10-01-2009, 08:32 AM
TECH Addict

I think the EVO is stock other then a CAI, but I wanted to run into him for a while! I used to see him killin peops from a dig on the street when all I had was a slow *** Chrysler! I was very happy that I got him from a dig.. Man I really need to get out to a track (Ennis)so I can see what I got..
Old 10-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
I think the EVO is stock other then a CAI, but I wanted to run into him for a while! I used to see him killin peops from a dig on the street when all I had was a slow *** Chrysler! I was very happy that I got him from a dig.. Man I really need to get out to a track (Ennis)so I can see what I got..
there are VERY FEW stock evos around here, so its a good benchmark to start with a stock one. be wary though, exhaust, boost control and a tune and he will pick up 50-60whp. good job recovering after the first loss and taking the rematches
Old 10-01-2009, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

Very nicely done man.. Good kill! I told you ur always gettin in sum ****! Haha
Theres this New blue Evo around my area young kid drivin it saw him at a gas station by my house last week and he was checkin out my V. Didnt get a chance to talk cuz he was leavin but im sure ima catch his *** drivin around sumtime
Old 10-01-2009, 01:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice kills and death. You definitely can't sleep or get over excited when running an AWD car from a dig, especially if the guy knows how to launch it.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:55 AM
TECH Addict

I just started cruisin with Digital recorder but cant seem to be able to transfer my vids from the disk to my computer... I hate my computer so bad!!!! Its a POS and gives me the blue screen of death about every 2 hours....
Old 10-03-2009, 08:45 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
I just started cruisin with Digital recorder but cant seem to be able to transfer my vids from the disk to my computer... I hate my computer so bad!!!! Its a POS and gives me the blue screen of death about every 2 hours....
Use the YouTube downloader: it can pull the videos straight off of your camcorder. Not the best quality that way, but it works, and very quickly too.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:12 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Use the YouTube downloader: it can pull the videos straight off of your camcorder. Not the best quality that way, but it works, and very quickly too.
Ill have to check into that... I ran into a newer Mustang GT that was doing some spirited driving on the highway and left him in the dust on Vid. Not a real race from roll or dig but put a spankin on the GT none the less...

Quick Reply: 05 CTS-V vs. 05 EVO8