Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

07' CTS V vs 09' EVO X and cummins 2500, and others!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 03:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07' CTS V vs 09' EVO X and cummins 2500, and others!!

Bought my car Wednesday and Thursday after work a buddy from work wanted to race cuz we r both stock. He said I was gonna get him by maybe a car.... sooo we line em up on an open road with no cars on the road and do a roll from 40-100 we both jumped same time with him getting the initial jump(brake boosting) I immeadiately stopped the pull and at 100 I had him by 5 cars! I was impressed cuz I thought it was supposed to be closer than that stock 4 stock.

Sunday I was leavin cruisin the coast in Biloxi, MS and on my way out of town an 08' 2500 dodge with a cummins, exhuast, intake, boost, hypertech chip, and some other stuff was tryin to run me.... so I did, we went from about 35- 80 or so and i had him by about 2-3 cars. He rolled up with his girl in the truck with him and had the funniest look on his face! I turned the music down cuz he wanted to talk to me, He said "WTF is that thing?!?" haha guess he didnt know what the V meant. I enlightened him. He told me he went 13.6 at 104 in the quarter and said he usually waxes just about every car he runs... Guy was pretty cool and told me nice car. There were more races but just little red light runs or short interstate rolls, beat a newer GT, Turbo cobalt, and an 03-04 GT.... I love this freakin car! No I dont plan on racing everybody but that car show dished out way too many opprotunities!!
Old 10-12-2009, 11:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the V's are pretty stout from any roll especially higher rolls. the AWD cars are hard to make fast without a lot of mods from a roll, but will certainly put a hurting on us from a dig. nice kills
Old 10-13-2009, 08:53 PM
Teching In

Thanks man... I think this will be my last posting about a race unless i have video... no fun without comments back! haha played with an 03-04 blue cobra with exhaust at least... dunno what else, Pulled him though unless he was messin with me?? also a 92 NSX that was bone stock... that wasnt really a race. ok THAT was the last post about a race without video! its hard to video and shift at the same time.... the shocker is about the extent of my mulitasking abilities..
Old 10-14-2009, 12:24 AM
On The Tree

Bas *** kills in the V man! I just raced a newer GT with at least exhaust just the other day. They are not quick at all. But dude was cool. lol As I was in the process of this.. this damn newer dodge deisel with exhaust and idk wut else pulled in front of me and wanted sum action too! lol It was surprisingly fast but not fast enough cuz i blew by him at around 90 mph. Fun stuff! I didnt wanna post cuz i didnt have a vid either. LMAO..I was thinkin 2day ima buy one of those car cameras that people put on their dash! Haha
Anyways continue having fun with ur new toy bro! It just gets better and better!
Old 10-14-2009, 10:31 AM
Teching In

appreciate it big daddy! just ordered skip shift eliminator and CAI yesterday, windows gettin tinted tomorrow, and wheels getting powder coated next week.... all for under a grand!
Old 10-14-2009, 02:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice Kills bro! The Cobra may have been a late 90's if you pulled him because the 03-04 Cobras would put a smackin on us for sure... Have lotz of fun and hurry with the vids 2... I should have a massive vid coming soon with some pretty fun cars including Vettes, Supras, Evo's, MS3's, GTI's, Turbo Civics and a few others I cant think of...
Old 10-14-2009, 03:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Damn there must be some slow *** cars in Mississippi if 13.6 is enough to wax everything down there.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
Damn there must be some slow *** cars in Mississippi if 13.6 is enough to wax everything down there.
Nope... Sounds like the 2500 just picks on slower cars and doesn't try running cars that he thinks he would lose to on the street...
Old 10-14-2009, 10:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

all depends on the type of race, V is a top end car going mid to high 13s at 108-110 so might not be insane but E.T. isnt always everything when it comes to street racing.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:39 AM
10 Second Club

Sorry but 108 - 110 mph traps are SLOW. If all it takes is 108 mph traps to dominate an area then there are slow cars there.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:39 PM
TECH Addict

Sorry but 108 - 110 mph traps are SLOW. If all it takes is 108 mph traps to dominate an area then there are slow cars there.
You act as if your the fastest thing on the road! Dude! You only run 11s... Ur slow 2... You can start talkin **** about others being slow when you get a 9 second car...

Talk **** to us "slower" cars when you can do this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4fcBvDVBXo
Old 10-15-2009, 01:44 PM
Teching In

Ok I dont wanna fight... My hands are lethal... I just wanted to share my experience... that is all. All of these races were from a roll and I personally am not trying to build a "race" car, I simply want a nice car with a good ride that when you just so happen to press the pedal it will outrun plenty of cars on the street.... all while enjoying A/C, comfort, style, and out of every 100 cars you see on the road you might see 1 V... Thats why I bought it, I freakin love it, so dont rain on my parade, Thanks... Go Cowboys!
Old 10-15-2009, 02:32 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
You act as if your the fastest thing on the road! Dude! You only run 11s... Ur slow 2... You can start talkin **** about others being slow when you get a 9 second car...

I never said anything about my car being anything. I Just stated that 108 ph traps are slow and if you dont think they are you are kidding yourself.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

i wasnt stating that 108-110 is fast but when people say 13.6 you think of 102-104. if not slower. meaning that the V is top end and i feel the 108-110 isnt very accurate because i have hung with cars trapping a lot higher then that at high rolls. but i could give two ***** what you say your **** aint impressive either, 11s arent the **** either, i know.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:27 PM
12 Second Club

There are some pretty fast cars down here in MS, the problem is a lot of us are broke as dirt so most of our builds are low budget jobs. 12's and 11's are common numbers. Main thing is that there are also a lot of folks that don't know what fast is and think that their 13 second ride is fast just because they've beat a bunch of cars on the street. What they fail to realize is that they're beatin stock cars or almost stock cars. Most folks don't know what a real street car is. And the Dodge owners around here think their rides are invincible anyway lol.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:10 AM
Banned

Everyone has thier own idea of what fast is.

Theres 500hp and 300 hp cars everywere, you just chose what you race.

I look for cars that are in the same class , or sometimes I admit I do pick on some cars.
Thats the fun of it, you dont need a 9sec car to beat ppl and race...

Id love it if my V ran 9s, but realisticly dont have the money for it ...

Ricediposal you gotta get a camera next time, good kills..
Old 10-16-2009, 07:44 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by itsslow98
i wasnt stating that 108-110 is fast but when people say 13.6 you think of 102-104. if not slower. meaning that the V is top end and i feel the 108-110 isnt very accurate because i have hung with cars trapping a lot higher then that at high rolls. but i could give two ***** what you say your **** aint impressive either, 11s arent the **** either, i know.
And once again I never said my **** was impressive, just that 108 mph traps are slow. Sorry if I ruffled your feathers with my opinion.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:08 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by maxspeed96ct
Everyone has thier own idea of what fast is.

Theres 500hp and 300 hp cars everywere, you just chose what you race.

I look for cars that are in the same class , or sometimes I admit I do pick on some cars.
Thats the fun of it, you dont need a 9sec car to beat ppl and race...

Id love it if my V ran 9s, but realisticly dont have the money for it ...

Ricediposal you gotta get a camera next time, good kills..

Thanks buddy... at least somebody is showin me some love, no homo. I carry my camera with me everywhere but they either happen too fast or I'm rollin solo! But they will come, do trust.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:28 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ricedisposal
Ok I dont wanna fight... My hands are lethal... I just wanted to share my experience... that is all. All of these races were from a roll and I personally am not trying to build a "race" car, I simply want a nice car with a good ride that when you just so happen to press the pedal it will outrun plenty of cars on the street.... all while enjoying A/C, comfort, style, and out of every 100 cars you see on the road you might see 1 V... Thats why I bought it, I freakin love it, so dont rain on my parade, Thanks... Go Cowboys!
I was talkin about necro! Not you bro... I just cant stand peops that like to talk about how slow another car is when in all honesty they have a slow car too... Are cars may run 13s but we do it in style... lol go cowboys...
Old 10-16-2009, 01:08 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
I was talkin about necro! Not you bro... I just cant stand peops that like to talk about how slow another car is when in all honesty they have a slow car too... Are cars may run 13s but we do it in style... lol go cowboys...
Not to go on with this but slow is a relative term to what you have. You are slow to me, I am slow to a 9 second car. Sorry for the ****