Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LS2 GTO vs LS6 CTS-V & LS1 Z28 -VIDEO-

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 03:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LS2 GTO vs LS6 CTS-V & LS1 Z28 -VIDEO-

Since we knew my car would eat up the dig shots (I hook well) we skipped that and I went out for some rolls.

vs '05 LS6 CTS-V (M6/3.73s). Mods: Muffler Delete, Self Tune. Dude seriously, STAGEUP makes this car FAST. Its seen mid 12s all motor all day with only a muffler delete and a self tune. Probably the best M6 shifter I've ever seen (and anyone else around here for that matter). The big stall in first gear put me out car and kept me there from 30. From 40 I had to play catch up and finally did by 140 .

vs '00 LS1 Z28 Vert (A4/3.42s). Mods: Forged internals, 9.7:1 comp, mid 230s cam, 3,400 stall, shift kit, 3.42 .gears. 3,300 pound empty (gutted, no PS, A/C), Stock heads/intake with 115% injector duty cycle @ 6,500RPM . Camera man weight made all the difference in this one. When camera man switched cars I fell back about a car on the 40 roll. The other 40 roll was a dead heat, low rolls and the dig are my cars territory so I had him there pretty bad. He couldnt keep from spinning down low (dig cars are a rare breed). Next mods for him are milled 243s to bump comp. to 10.6:1, LS6 intake, injectors, and some tires and then I'll have my hands full. I'll definitely need a cam by then.

Anyway I'll let the video do the rest of the talking. Enjoy:

A Farewell To Kings
Old 11-03-2009, 04:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

that SS is a monster. why was 5th gear needed when racing that bike? wouldnt keeping it in 4th been better?
Old 11-03-2009, 04:26 PM
11 Second Club

Video isn't loading for me...wtf.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:20 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
that SS is a monster. why was 5th gear needed when racing that bike? wouldnt keeping it in 4th been better?
He topped out 4th and was going to 5th. That was on the old stock clutch before he put the Monster Stage 4 in.

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
Video isn't loading for me...wtf.
Try updating your Flash player in your browser.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Staging Lane

badass video, and great editing! Soo glad someone lists who is racing whom on there videos! That bike wasn't a ZX10 though: or the rider wasnt full throttle (hint: data logging 1/4 mile runs has revealed a very high percentage of track veterans that dont go full throttle until the very end, though they 'thought' they were full throttle).

Just a reference video: I was NOT trying to show off how fast my ZX14 was here, so I slowly rolled onto the throttle at each gear shift so as not to break loose the tire midcorner and short shifting. A newer ZX10 with a guy the size of the one in your video would walk away from me if he was there. A kill is a kill though. But my money is on it being a ZX6 debadged like all the morons do who cant afford a bigger bike.

skip to :30 seconds. Video was just a camera mount/mic test but everyone seems to like it... to me its just the way I ride normally.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5WNPp69u0k
Old 11-03-2009, 07:51 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks.

Bike was a ZX-10R Special Edition. Rider is a coworker of Riot-SS. Was a new bike to the rider. Driver/Rider is everything out here. If we wanted races on paper "how they should be" we would set them up remote control and just press "Forward" on the controls to see who won or do power to weight x gearing calculations. Out here you have to be as good as your car/bike or else you'll get yanked up real nice.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:48 PM
11 Second Club

Yep Yep. Watched the video...all good runs. I need to work on my shifting a bit though, and rolling the throttle. Like CoolAid said...its all driver out here.

Quick Reply: LS2 GTO vs LS6 CTS-V & LS1 Z28 -VIDEO-