Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

4th gen vs 1st Gen

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 09:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Default 4th gen vs 1st Gen

Ok so after going out for pizza tonight, we were really close to our local "strip" and being Saturday I figure I would shoot down it to see if I can spot any hot rods.....

Well who do I see, but westtexasbuff and his sexy TA being sexy as ever, so I pull over to see if he got his brakes worked out. Well we are hangin out and such and there is a few f-body's around, mine, westtexasbuff's, a kid in a 99 arctic white, a terd gen with the side smashed up, and then a old school early 70's mach 1 pulls in.... "anyone find out anything about that car??"

well anyways, i got the wife and stuff with me so Im not gona hang out long at the local "hangout" spot, so I get in behind the mach 1 and listening to the sound of his cam, getting all turned on.....sadly he turns, but I look just in time to see a GORGEOUS first gen, i belive 69, z/28. Awsome blue color, and it looks almost all original, complete with the 302 badges.

So I'm not thinking anything of it, I'm not looking for a race, but we are lined up at a stop light side by side...what do you think is going to happen??

He punches it...and me, realizing I have a race here gun it. My delay cost me about half a car, but after I punched it I pulled on him retarded hard and put probably a car on him before I had to shut down at 55....

Ok so we are cruising along again side by side waiting for a chance to go again, this time we are at about 35, I here him downshift and as soon as he does I punch it "no need to downshift on the street we were on". But I think maybe I screwed up and pulled a "ricer" move on him so I let off, only to hear him at wide open throttle....oh ****...I punch it again and stop his pull as he hits my drivers window.... and I keep on till I have to shut down again at about 75.... Probably putting 2 cars on him...

Anyone know who's car this was?? I tried to get his attention but after the second brutal *** whopping he wouldn't "nor his passenger" even look my way...

We pulled up to another light, he wasn't in the turning lane so I stayed in the lane beside and waited for the 2 cars in front to go past so we could have another run, and I look in time to see him make a mad left turn and down another road...

so in the z28 vs z28 battle, z28 wins every time!!!!!

((sorry no vids, as I said I wasn't planning on a race))

oh and seriously who's car is this z28... I really liked your car but it didn't sound all that healthy at wot...
Old 11-08-2009, 01:25 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not many stock small blocks sound great at WOT.. an actual 302 would have wound way tighter than a reg. small block though.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by violent_celerity
not many stock small blocks sound great at WOT.. an actual 302 would have wound way tighter than a reg. small block though.

mines mostly stock, aside from a few things "plugs/oil/mild exhaust mods" and at wot I absolutely love the way it sounds now, let alone once I put a full exhaust and h/c on her...

But yes, I think it was the 302 "it said 302 on it"....Also I think it was a 4 speed, it was a standard for sure.... They had what? around 300hp stock right??

So I think this was a righteous kill...... roughly the same hp, with me just barely edging him as far as hp but him in a standard vs my A4, from a dig and a roll and me totally killing his car...

Like I said, beautiful car, although I don't think its running right from the way it sounded, but maybe I'm just use to our 5.7's??

Last edited by baalic; 11-08-2009 at 02:26 AM.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Oh and come on guys where's the feedback on this, This is my first legit kill in this car...

"the C300 and Tiburon I killed were just jokes imo"

((on a side note.... racing a 2001 SS and a 69 z28 "302" on my GTPSP at Laguna Seca....The SS had a faster lap time... 1:38 vs 1:41.......GTPSP FTW??))

Last edited by baalic; 11-08-2009 at 04:26 AM.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:28 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Haha, "my sexy TA being sexy as ever" nice.

Sonic is fun now. I'm racing a blue Cobra this weekend, I'll post a vid after I eat it for dinner
Old 11-14-2009, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is it that one Cobra that was up at Sonic the night I was there?