Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

ScreaminRedZ vs. sujomatt (for real, not like Stopsign vs Sarge :razz: )

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ScreaminRedZ vs. sujomatt (for real, not like Stopsign vs Sarge :razz: )

Bunch of us met up to hang out and cruise today. Beautiful day for the time of year and we couldn't let it go to waste

Matt and I decided to line them up for some fun runs to see how the cars compared as we have two very different setups.

My car is a cam/bolt-on car with a Harris Speed Works nitrous wet kit. I made 400 rwhp on motor, never dynoed on the bottle.

Matts car is listed as below in his sig:

'99 Camaro z28 M6
Rear Mount T67, FMIC, 317 Heads, ARP Headstuds, EPP FI Cam, LS7 Lifters, Patriot Dual Golds, KB BAP, Snow Meth, 60lbs Injectors, Walbro 255 Pump, twin 38mm wg, 50mm bov, LTs/ORY, Hardened Pushrods, FAST Intake Man, MT ET Streets, BMR SFC, BMR Springs, AGX KYB Struts
560/589 @ 10psi

I believe he was running around 9 psi today, but he can fill in any specifics on his setup.

My car had jets in it for a 100 shot so we decided to start there. I told him that if he ran from me like I was in reverse then we would call it a day there, but if he wasn't too far ahead then I might jet it up and see what happened.

I heated my bottle (about 1000 psi), we went out to a safe spot and lined them up going 40 mph. He gave it the old three honks and we both hit it. Off the hit the nitrous kicked in immediately and I jumped out hard. I don't know exactly how far ahead I was, but I could see him in my side view mirror. Sometime in 3rd gear I saw him stop my pull and start reeling me in. 4th gear he was pulling very steadily on me and I knew it would be close. I held it out to 6500+ rpm in 4th gear and then let off with Matt about a 1/2 car back on me, but pulling. He let off at about the same time and we pulled off the highway.

Props were given on both sides for a very good race and we decided to go out and give it another shot. This time Matt was going to try to brake boost so I decided to throw in the 125 jets. To date the only time I have used anything else was the 150 jets once, which spun through the clutch (the reason I have my current Monster Level 3 setup). I checked the bottle and found it to be a perfect 950 psi so we headed back out.

We lined up going the same 40 mph. Matt honked it off again and we both hit it. This time my car lurched sideways as I blew the tires off (damn, I guess the jetting did make a difference, haha). I short shifted into 3rd to get traction and then slammed the gas hard. Once I had traction my car jumped forward and I pulled out, probably around 2 cars. Matt stopped my pull around there and looked to be creeping back on me, but I held a decent lead this time to the top of 4th where I let out.

We pulled off again and exchanged compliments on each others cars and congrats on some good racing. Matt said that he wasn't able to get the car to build boost while brake boosting, but said that it felt better than the first run (he can give better specifics).

Overall it was fun as hell, and good to find some friendly races. Matt is a great, stand up guy and definitely has one badass car that makes some serious steam!

Definitely up for a cruise any time!

Matt, feel free to give your recollection and correct me if I'm off on anything!

Last edited by ScreaminRedZ; 11-08-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

sounds like these could be some fun races for my buddy joe. Honestly have no idea how fast the car is but assuming mid to high 120mph traps. good racing!
Old 11-08-2009, 10:05 PM

Could definitely be fun, we'll have to see what we can set up. Sounds like a serious setup if high 120's are in the cards!
Old 11-08-2009, 11:00 PM
11 Second Club

Mmmmmm gotta love nitrous
Old 11-09-2009, 12:13 AM
TECH Resident

ur car = sick. plain and simple lol

the boost was between 7-9.. still need to figure out where the leak is - not saying it like an excuse, i plain lost lol. just means when everything is rockin we r gonna have even BETTER runs! and i gotta see ur bro's car - im a noob driver, that was my first time trying to brake boost, just didn't feel right tho - didn't get into boost. regardless - all in all a freakin great day!! - i had a blast. everyone was chill!

Edit: and i now have a new found respect for nitrous lol

Last edited by sujomatt; 11-09-2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:37 AM
10 Second Club

Nice runs.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nitrous is fun, but i did hate having to spend 50 bucks every two weeks to fill the bottle. good runs.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:42 AM
9 Second Club

Well told kill story,thumbs up to both drivers for being how you should be win or lose.Those cars of yours get alot of action
Old 11-09-2009, 05:07 AM
Banned

no video ?

good runs boys, i wish i made it out..

hope next weekend is as nice
Old 11-09-2009, 07:26 AM

We weren't able to get a camera down there as it was set up on short notice, but I'm sure there will be more runs in the future and we'll get some on vid. I'd really love to all meet up really early on a Sunday or something when there is no traffic and get a bunch of races on video. I'm sure we could get plenty of cars out (as long as people are able to wake up early, haha) and get some really good races. Alot of the cars are real close with each other.

On a side note, I definitely have to ditch these Nitto drag radials for a set of MT drag radials if I want to spray more than a 100 shot.

Matt, once I get my tints done (hopefully tomorrow) we'll have to meet up and you can see if they came out good or not.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

yea we can meet up a couple times if you want... anytime this week would be fine... but might setup a cruise sunday and some races... its supposed to be really nice out again. This sucks i wish my car was running for all of this
Old 11-09-2009, 08:00 AM

At least we're going into the winter, so you'll have plenty of time to get it up and running for next season!
Old 11-09-2009, 08:01 AM
TECH Resident

maxspeed, ur def comin next weekend - slo sho wants to run u again i think he said - i told him u had ur headers on and was about to get the clutch in
Old 11-09-2009, 08:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome runs, guys. I really wish I was able to make it but you guys met up just after I had to head out. It was a great day out. I tried to get a run earlier in the day with a newer Roush (young guy with his girl in the car). He smiled when I got next to him but when I downshifted he gave me this kind of sheepish grin and waved me off like he wasn't interested. Oh well.

Regarding the Sujomatt and SRZ races, I'm not surprised with how they turned out. I heard Matt's car is pretty light and it makes awesome power, but I've been in SRZ's car on the 100 shot and it hits so freakin hard I can't believe it. I can only imagine what it's like on the 125 shot, especially if he gets some decent tires on there, but it sounds like way up top Matt's car runs hard as hell. Considering SRZ's car on motor is about as fast as mine from a roll, it makes me wonder how my car would do with a little 100 shot...

And I'm still down for runs with anyone, dig or roll (although I still want to test this car out from a dig against some higher powered cars).
Old 11-09-2009, 08:46 AM
TECH Resident

i just want 12psi
Old 11-09-2009, 09:00 AM

PSM, you definitely need to throw a shot at your car. You'll be waving goodbye to alot of fast cars, especially from a low roll. If you want a little more incentive to spend the money then we can go out some night and do the usual run, but I'll hit it with the 125. I'll definitely be needing a good burnout first though, haha.

Also, there's a black SS for sale up on the pike and it looks like it has the wheels you want (chrome). Just letting you know

Matt, your car is gonna be a freakin animal once you figure out your boost issue and bump it up to 12 psi. Maybe that will give Todd the incentive to finally run his high boost setup

I still want to run Todd's Saleen Cobra. I think it makes like 480 rwhp on the street tune so I bet it'd be a great run for my car.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:06 AM
TECH Resident

i thought the saleen was at 600 even for the street?? - i may have been misinformed though

we should do a 3-way race next time on a wider highway with todd (once im at the 12psi - hoping to have it at least figured out by the weekend)
Old 11-09-2009, 10:26 AM

You might be right, I now that I think about it. It's probably making around 580 rwhp on the street tune and like 604 rwhp on race gas since it's a Kenne Bell setup. Todd's biggest downfall is always his tires. He has to run from like 60+ to have a chance of hooking, haha.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:32 AM
FormerVendor

awesome kills ron. I read the evo one as well, both are very impressive!
Old 11-09-2009, 10:40 AM
TECH Resident

yea he always gets odd ball sized rims - and for some reason tire company's hate 19 inch wheels lol

we r def doing fly by's from the side of the highway next time by the way!