Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Some Kills for You Guys

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 03:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some Kills for You Guys

So I was headed home from college Thursday night, going down a 4 lane coming in and out of the little towns along my route. On an empty stretch of rural highway, I run up on a bone stock looking and sounding LS1 Trans Am. I look to my buddy, who's coming home to visit with me, and say, "You're about to see me get my *** kicked." I open up the cutout as I roll up on him and match his speed. It's pitch black and there's no seeing through my tinted window and into his so I select 3rd gear and then 2nd. I pace him for a moment and then start to roll into it. about the time I get to 1/2 throttle he opens it up and my foot finds the floor much quicker than usual. To my surprise, I jump a fender on him immediately. As I ran up through 2nd I go ahead and select 3rd. 3rd gear comes just past redline and I'm still looking over at his hood. at this time we both shut down and I'm laughing in disbelief. I guess he couldn't believe it either because he immediately dropped WAY back and wouldn't get up beside me again. We laugh it off and continue the trip home. We are going through a little town a few miles later when I see the unmistakable taillight pattern of a subaru. Knowing that I'm pretty strong from a roll I increase my speed to catch up with him. On my way to get beside him he downshifts to go up an incline and a burble of flame comes out of his muffler. I reach down and open the cutout once again, but I can barely hear my engine next to his. I look to my friend yet again and he's staring at me because we both saw the STi badge and Cobb Tuning stickers on the car. Once again I select 2nd gear and match RPMs. I see the subaru do the same thing and then lunge foreward. My foot immediately attacked the pedal and I started pulling. I pulled a car on him and shut down at the beginning of 3rd. He rolls by me and, still in disbelief I start to speed up to go from another roll. I get about a length and a half back and he just nailed it again. I gave it all she had and to my disbelief I started reeling him in. I guess people are starting to learn not to mess with W-bodies.

Here's an in car against a 4.6L 2v with P&P intake, injectors, LTs, and mufflers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR-zs8mgHBE
Old 11-15-2009, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

I can believe it. im sure your going to get a bunch of doubters on here though. anyway congrats.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
I can believe it. im sure your going to get a bunch of doubters on here though. anyway congrats.
Doubters are fine. I never said the LS1 was in pristine condition. A bone stock bad year LS1 could easily get outrun by a modded LS4 on the highway.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

good kills man!
Old 11-16-2009, 12:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ive taken on a evo 8 ,sti , chargers and challengers and came about even for my stock at the time to there modded cars..
iv also beat a couple of slightly modded ls1s and lt1. so i think it just get broken down to the driver mod.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:27 AM
TECH Regular

Surprisingly I was right smack next to my friend in his 99 WS6 vert with long tubes on the highway, but he does have 4.11's and a 100k LS1 in it. I did begin to slowly inch away from a 96-98 Cobra on the highway when I was rolling 4 guys deep in my car and the Cobra was solo. Poor guy had a camera pointed at him too haha.