Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

H/C WS6 vs: Gixxer 600 and others... finally beat a bike!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 04:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default H/C WS6 vs: Gixxer 600 and others... finally beat a bike!!

Been quite a while since I've had a decent outing with the chicken, but this past Saturday was well worth the wait. Weather is nice and cool, mid 60*, air is crisp and the throttle response was a beautiful thing. After a little bit of shooting the proverbial poo at the 'meet', a few of us decide to have a little fun on the road before nights' end. Included in the group are:

'00-'04 Suzuki GSX-R 600 w/ slip-on and 'geared' (something about low end, I have zero idea what it means)
'98-99 Subaru Impreza w/ EJ25 ('04+ STi) swap and bigger turbo setup, dyno'd @ 378awhp
'06-07 Mitsubishi Evolution w/ bolt-ons, hard pipes and a healty set of cams, dyno'd @ 361awhp

And of course the chicken:

Stock LS1 bottom end, PRC LS6 heads, F13, bolt-ons, 4.10's & 100-shot wet (Dave's N2O 78mm plate kit)

Now I initially thought the Scooby and the Evo would be the first to tangle when we hit the highway, but they both moved to the side and let the bike through, sure enough he was looking right at me to line up so.. I guess that means I'm up! I move in next to the Gixxer, slow it down to 40-ish holding 2nd while he tucks under the windscreen and kicks down a couple gears. For a moment it was just alot of that hi-pitched bike whine accompanied by my car sitting somewhere around 4K while we figured who was doing what lol, finally I hear him honk it off "beeep....beeep.....beep!", nail the throttle and we're off! I barley get a moment to glance at the tach before I see it somewhere well north of 6k, rip 3rd and I couldn't help but notice my nose starting to yaw in his direction Pedal it for a second but the *** end grabs and we're still screaming door to door (or perhaps door-to-leg would be more appropriate?), grab 4th and ..... what's this? I'm creeping away!? Sure enough he's fading back after a shift, I mash 5th somewhere around 6700 and hang on for a few more seconds to watch him disapear behind the sail panel.. damn I did it, I finally beat a bike

Off the highway and we regroup at a 7-11. Myself and the guy with the bike exchange handshakes and he's off on his way home, but the Scooby, Evo and myself decide to have a few runs ourselves before heading home.

I set up with the Evo first, turn the bottle off and line em' up from a 35-40mph roll. Right off the hit the damn thing just JUMPS! We're door to door through most of third, me creeping away at the end of 3rd, still moving through 4th and just a few moments in 5th. Ended up about 2 cars +/- ahead letting off around 130-135, gotta tip your hat to a stock turbo Evo that can move like that! I next line up for the same race with the STi. Much like the Evo, we're door to door through 2nd, much of 3rd but I creep away through 4th and end up around 2 cars up around 135. The Evo wanted one more shot, so again we line up, not sure what exactly changed this time but right off the hit the Evo litteraly leaps out a car or so ahead of me Damn that AWD! There was a point where I really didn't know if I was going to be able to reel him in, but sure enough I closed the gap at the top of 3rd, pulled away a bit more in 4th and through 5th he was still latched onto my rear bumper, kudos to the mighty 4G63, scarry to imagine that thing with a larger snail!

Well, like I said it was a hell of a night, couldn't have scripted it better than a handful of good close races with good people. Looking forward to the video of the bike race if the guy with the camera ever decides to send it my way, you can be sure i'll have it up here asap!

Cliffs: Edged out a Gixxer onthe highway, out rolled a pair of AWD rockets.. and lived to tell about it.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats!
Old 11-18-2009, 04:59 PM
Launching!

good kill OP... aerodynamics= car>bike..
Old 11-19-2009, 05:32 AM
11 Second Club

Sounds like fun
Old 11-20-2009, 08:42 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks, yea it was alot of fun, I was just stoked to finally beat a bike, even if it was an older one lol!
Old 11-21-2009, 07:33 AM
11 Second Club

good kill and nice NA time in sig
Old 12-04-2009, 06:30 PM
Staging Lane

Congrats on your kills, and great job telling the story. When I saw the I was thinking to myself "That is exactly how I would feel too".
Old 12-05-2009, 11:02 AM
Staging Lane

good kill and nice write up! What does your car dyno out at? Is the "F13" a cam?
Old 12-05-2009, 12:35 PM
TECH Resident

Awesome runs! and great writeup, i was literally on the edge of my seat lol
Old 12-05-2009, 01:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
good kill and nice write up! What does your car dyno out at? Is the "F13" a cam?
Yeah its a cam. I believe that futral makes it. It is pretty popular. Op good kills and sounds like a lot of fun
Old 12-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Teching In

Great kills man! Great story.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:04 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Futral Motorsports 'F13', nice middle-sized cam.

Car last made 397whp on motor, 494whp on spray although it'll probably make a little more (10-12whp) now.