Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Spun by a Nizmo 350z

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 03:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Spun by a Nizmo 350z

Quick story, I just came back from my local speed shop where me and one of the employees went out and played on the freeway, he had a mustang with head and cam, and i was riding the Stockz the the new 6.0L hand ported heads I got. She putting around 406 to the tires on mustang dyno.

Well long short we are both on street tire so we got on the freeway and he took the hit some where around 55ish, i was in 2nd just waiting for him to go. As soon as he hit it we were off and running, I was already ahead before i even hit 3rd, because i was 2 cars up, i short shifted to 3rd and let off realizing he had just gave up. ( he claimed he spun too bad to continue. )

Now to the 350z Nizmo, I was heading home when this (what looked like a wide body to me ) came up behind me and jumped over in the right hand lane as we hit a spot where the road widened.

By time i looked over he hits it ?????? I was a little spooked and i punched it, my revs jump up and the car starts screaming, I grab the wheel with both hands realizing that she was spinning, and as she started to grab traction i look back over, and I am to his front end by now, so i just jammed third and get by him and she started to spin again so i just let off.

We traveled down the road and pulled over to talk, he said his car was one of 3 in my area but would say what was done to it? ( probely cause i just SPUN by him ) but either way car was sharp he was cool, so I told him to stop by the local track when it opens back up. Good day had my all ( ok by me )
Old 12-14-2009, 08:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same kinda thing happened to me friday morning: 2 guys in a RX8 chased me down. I kept shaking my head telling myself not to bother with a 14-15 second turd like a RX8... Until we got side by side; I look over at the driver and shake my head 'no'... he drops behind me and back over into the far left lane (carpool lane) and jumps on it, decelling right next to my window so I could hear the blow off valve.

Ah damnit, now the gauntlet is thrown: I didn't think they came with turbo's stock. I nod at the passenger and they go: I drop to 2nd then slam 3rd 1 second later: 2nd has minor spin but throws me ahead of them by maybe 1 car, then 3rd slams and spins hard, pitching me slightly sideways: I keep it sideways for a solid 2-3 seconds before straightening her out and letting up. Luckily the roar of my car (we had just entered a tunnel when I went WOT ) and them seeing me pitched sideways up to near 100mph scared the crap out of them and they never got even again. Guess it must have been a SMALL turbo.
EDIT: early morning before the sunrise and temps in the low 20's Fahrenheit. I aint spinning like that during warmer/sunny weather.

Last edited by Sticks n Stones; 12-23-2009 at 10:44 AM.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:39 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Same kinda thing happened to me friday morning: 2 guys in a RX8 chased me down. I kept shaking my head telling myself not to bother with a 14-15 second turd like a RX8... Until we got side by side; I look over at the driver and shake my head 'no'... he drops behind me and back over into the far left lane (carpool lane) and jumps on it, decelling right next to my window so I could hear the blow off valve.

Ah damnit, now the gauntlet is thrown: I didn't think they came with turbo's stock. I nod at the passenger and they go: I drop to 2nd then slam 3rd 1 second later: 2nd has minor spin but throws me ahead of them by maybe 1 car, then 3rd slams and spins hard, pitching me slightly sideways: I keep it sideways for a solid 2-3 seconds before straightening her out and letting up. Luckily the roar of my car (we had just entered a tunnel when I went WOT ) and them seeing me pitched sideways up to near 100mph scared the crap out of them and they never got even again. Guess it must have been a SMALL turbo.

Trust me even turboed they are not that quick. My friend was going to turbo his cause he wanted to be faster then me a stock 6.0 and when he saw me run a "built" turbo rx8 and walk away like none other he decided to look into LS swaps lol Must have been fun as hell though.

Last edited by 06 6.0 GTO; 12-14-2009 at 01:12 PM. Reason: grammatical errors
Old 12-14-2009, 12:08 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
Trust me even turboed they are not that quick. My friend was going to turbo his cause he wanted to be faster then me a stock 6.0 and when he saw me run a "built" turbo rx8 and walk away like none other he decided to look into LS swaps lol Must have been fun as hell from though.
Yeah, the Renesis is a POS.

Nice kill OP, and other guy posting in here...
Old 12-15-2009, 08:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
Yeah, the Renesis is a POS.

Nice kill OP, and other guy posting in here...
Thanks, I went back to the speed shop today and the guy in the mustang's boss said he called him after we raced and he said he spun so he let out?????

LOL Then he came in (it was his day off today) I asked, you want a rematch?

He said something about going the other way on the freeway to avoid the cops. I just smiled and said, any time your ready just let me know.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:11 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones

UPDATE: was stuck in 1/2 hour extra traffic today. When i finally got to the scene of the accident I saw that same RX8 crunched up on both ends pretty bad; a equally crushed unidentifiable import Fast n Furious type car, and a SUV with front end damage. Guess he chose the wrong spot to race.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:06 PM
Launching!

Sorry Sticks, but with your mods listed... I highly doubt you were sideways at 100mph. Come on dude.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

You know what they say... If you're spinnin, you ain't winnin...
Old 12-22-2009, 08:54 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by texas99Z28
Sorry Sticks, but with your mods listed... I highly doubt you were sideways at 100mph. Come on dude.
Kind of thought that myself... but I do know that the A4's with TM turned off get pretty hairy sometimes after a hard shift.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:41 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by texas99Z28
Originally Posted by hivoltagedriver
Kind of thought that myself... but I do know that the A4's with TM turned off get pretty hairy sometimes after a hard shift.
Torque Management turned off makes them hit really damn hard: in all honesty, too hard for street tires to take. As far as sideways to 100mph: even with sticky tires, spinning isn't hard to do when the temps were inthe 20's and it was early morning. My tires are night and day difference from 20deg F to around 45deg F where they really start hooking. They still are slightly better than most any all season tire below 45deg, but only slightly better.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:59 AM
TECH Resident

Im not sure on an A4 but when it was 18 degrees out once i was going about 20mph, put it in third gently and decided to punch it (wearing my RT-615s) and it just went straight to spinning and i kept it going out of curiosity to see when it would hook. Got to about 85mph when i decided to just back off because there was still zero traction.

So i can vouch for being sideways till near 100mph on a stock M6 GTO, i have no experiance witht he A4s tho so i cant say anythng there but considering its modded then it seems plausible.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
Im not sure on an A4 but when it was 18 degrees out once i was going about 20mph, put it in third gently and decided to punch it (wearing my RT-615s) and it just went straight to spinning and i kept it going out of curiosity to see when it would hook. Got to about 85mph when i decided to just back off because there was still zero traction.

So i can vouch for being sideways till near 100mph on a stock M6 GTO, i have no experiance witht he A4s tho so i cant say anythng there but considering its modded then it seems plausible.
sounds like your clutch was slipping lol, or your tires were spinning and your speedometer said 85 when you were really doing 40. Torque just aint there to spin to 100 mph for the mods listed.