Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Me (6.0L Z) vs 306 w/spray w/no vid

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 08:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Me (6.0L Z) vs 306 w/spray w/no vid

I Had went down to the local speed shop again and a red mustand Lx came in, it had a 4" hood and sounds mean. ( i assumed cam and heads) I aksed him what he had done to the car, and he explained "it;s just an ole 306 with bolt ons. ( he never sayed spray ) Now I'm hoping we get a chance to run

Turns out he knows my friend and just happens to be going over to his house to look at a mis-alined door on a 72 nova BB. Sooooo we get to play on the way over to my freinds house. I had my camara out but he lined up on my right side, so sorry no vid.

1st run

I slow down to 55 and put my car in 2nd, i heard him down shift ( as he did tell me he had a 5-speed) we hit it nice an even but I spin hard to the rev limiter and have to lift and then flat foot again, this whole time he is right beside me but not pulling out on me. i gain traction and pull about a car to a car and a half on him and shut down.

2nd run

He pulls right back up, so im like cool, round two we get even I honk it off
Beep-Beep-Beep (this time were at 60ish ) RRRRTttt I hooked this time ... Shifted into 3rd and began to pull hard, got 2 cars on him and slammed 4th to look up and see headlights fading i let off about 4 cars

Now for the aftermath

We get to my buds house and I asked him if he spun? (trying to get his take on the race) He said the first race, that I spun like hell and kinda spooked him but that he though he had me for a minute so he wanted to run again.

Then he said on the 2nd run, And I qoute. "Man the second race you ****** gears and you were GONE, All i have is a 150 shot which was not enough for that DAM THING." and then he laughed.

He was real cool so we talked for a bit and then i headed off to get some Food.

Hope i didnt bore ya. SZ
Old 01-05-2010, 09:18 PM
9 Second Club

Nice kill!!!
Old 01-06-2010, 11:04 AM
12 Second Club

What kinda power/setup are you running?