Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Lost to a Camry

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 02:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost to a Camry

So last night I'm out cruising around in the GXP, getting groceries actually before the snow storm hits, and this comes up beside me in a Camry. He's just kind of hanging there and all of sudden takes off, no honks or anything. I get on the gas and start pulling him back in. Got up to 130 MPH and I got scared and backed down because cops hang out on that section of the highway. He shoots out in front of me, still picking up speed.

It was weird though, you'd think the guy would be happy about winning, but it looked like he was screaming in terror the entire time...weird import owners.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:31 PM
TECH Resident

Them V6 camries really move out.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 05CherryGXP
He's just kind of hanging there and all of sudden takes off, no honks or anything.
He wasn’t actually racing you his gas pedal got stuck.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:56 PM
TECH Resident

I cant really make fun of toyotas for the gas pedal situation because GTOs tend to light on fire because of their fuel rails. True story.

Easier to put a car in neutral then to stop it from burning.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JeaneZ28
LOL!!!

Actually, one of the better stories that I've read on here for a while!
Old 02-09-2010, 05:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LMAO! That's a good one
Old 02-09-2010, 05:08 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
I cant really make fun of toyotas for the gas pedal situation because GTOs tend to light on fire because of their fuel rails. True story.

The grand prix's start on fire all the time also.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:49 PM

Haha, good story, I lol'ed!
Old 02-09-2010, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

And where is this documented??

Toyota's brand rep has reduced to nothing more than a bad joke. First the floor mats, then the gas pedals sticking, then the electronic throttle sticking, now the Prius brakes failing. Toyota = fail.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1gt2nv
The grand prix's start on fire all the time also.
No they don't. The fires were extremely rare.

These indicents were due to retards who did 2 things wrong: They ran 87 octane (resulting in higher EGT's) and didn't fix their leaking valve cover gaskets. When your valve cover gaskets are leaking badly enough to start a fire and you completely ignore it, you almost deserve to have your engine burst into flames.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Them V6 camries really move out.
Hmm. I never thought I 'd read this on 'tech.

Roflmfao !!

No seriously I died laughing reading that.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 05CherryGXP
So last night I'm out cruising around in the GXP, getting groceries actually before the snow storm hits, and this comes up beside me in a Camry. He's just kind of hanging there and all of sudden takes off, no honks or anything. I get on the gas and start pulling him back in. Got up to 130 MPH and I got scared and backed down because cops hang out on that section of the highway. He shoots out in front of me, still picking up speed.

It was weird though, you'd think the guy would be happy about winning, but it looked like he was screaming in terror the entire time...weird import owners.
I see what you did there.

Lol at the posters in this thread not really getting your joke.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:50 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
And where is this documented??

Toyota's brand rep has reduced to nothing more than a bad joke. First the floor mats, then the gas pedals sticking, then the electronic throttle sticking, now the Prius brakes failing. Toyota = fail.
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=349857

I dont think toyota= fail at all.
They are the largest selling automaker, didnt go to the government to get bailed out, like GM and chrysler, and have amazing documented reliability.

They are the perfect tools for people that just want to get from point A to poin B.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:53 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
Hmm. I never thought I 'd read this on 'tech.

14.2 in the quarter for a car that has no sporting intentions what so ever is not that bad in my mind.

And they are beastly off of a roll. I barely pulled(and i mean barely) on one when i had my dads 05 mustang GT and we wet from a 40-100. It got my respect...though i would still never buy one.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

^
I wasn't discrediting the Camry by any means.
Just found it almost strange to think that, "wow, are we really talking about a Toyota camry being quick in the SR&K section ".
Old 02-10-2010, 06:47 AM
TECH Regular

Well it was a joke post in the first place. Having said that, 14.2 isn't bad at all. That's a sleeper Honda. Put some boost, or mods to that thing and it's in the 13s fast.

Impressive.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:55 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
^
I wasn't discrediting the Camry by any means.
Just found it almost strange to think that, "wow, are we really talking about a Toyota camry being quick in the SR&K section ".
No problem, i was very suprised myself with my first few encounters with one.

Originally Posted by Ke^in
Well it was a joke post in the first place. Having said that, 14.2 isn't bad at all. That's a sleeper Honda. Put some boost, or mods to that thing and it's in the 13s fast.

Impressive.
+1 on the impressive. I think if it could hook a little better off of the line that it would be in the 13s for sure, but i dont think there are many of any V6 camry owners that care about anything more then driving from point A to point B lol
Old 02-10-2010, 08:08 AM
TECH Regular

I've seen a few nicely done newer camry owners driving about. I had no idea they were putting down those numbers.

I need mods soon.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, one example. Sorry, not buying your bullshit.

I dont think toyota= fail at all.
They are the largest selling automaker, didnt go to the government to get bailed out, like GM and chrysler, and have amazing documented reliability.
As usual, you have no clue whats going on.

Toyota certaining DID get bailout money from the government. The Japanese government, not the U.S., obviously. As did Honda, Nissan, and just about every Japanese automaker at one point or another.

Toyota is recalling 8.3 million cars. Gas pedals sticking, brakes failing, all with multiple possible causes. Its the result of complete lack of quality control. And not only that, but Toyota tried to cover it up. They've had knowledge of the unintended acceleration problems for almost 10 years, but apparently "not enough people died" to do something about it. Then of course there was the Toyota trucks with the frames rotting completely through and collapsing causing accidents, they were finally forced to do something about that. And then the late model Camry sludge problems they they kept denying, even though millions of cars were affected, and millions of people had to pay for new engines out of pocket.

And now the Prius brakes are failing, causing accidents. Toyota was going to cover that one up too, seeing as they implemented changes to cars at the factory to fix the issue, but never told anyone that the cars already on the road were a problem as well. I hope they go out of business.

They are the perfect tools for people that just want to get from point A to poin B.
Tell that to the family of the California State Trooper whos car accelerated to 120MPH on the highway, crashed through an intersection, and killed him and 3 other people. Yea, perfect car

Its no wonder this country is in the **** poor state its in with people like you. You'll support everyone else but the people of your own country, its pathetic
Old 02-10-2010, 11:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

14.2 in the quarter for a car that has no sporting intentions what so ever is not that bad in my mind.

And they are beastly off of a roll. I barely pulled(and i mean barely) on one when i had my dads 05 mustang GT and we wet from a 40-100. It got my respect...though i would still never buy one.
there not beastly at all. the 05 stangs were just slow for what they were supposed to be. esp on the topend.