Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

scaring the ricers

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 07:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scaring the ricers

killed some moron from my school he used to diss me saying "whats that a top fuel dragster" "its so big and slow" "honda represents" im a cool guy but the constant comments just got to me and i saw him take off for lunch with his ricer pack he drives some civic thats missing a damn headlight and in its place he has a fugly pvc homemade "intake system" so im four cars behind in the stoplight after we go i his pack is boxing me and braking in front of me to **** me off i see an opening between two of them gun it past them so now im side to side with him he stares at me yells something and steps on it hes on 3rd gear i guess his shitvic is so damn slow all i did was press clutch hit 5500rpm let go and pass him in a glorious cloud of smoke after this he seems to have lost his attitude or something!
Old 02-22-2010, 08:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm going to use the positive, negative, positive technique. This way you don't get offended as much.

positive: I also dislike car-ignorant people who talk trash and I enjoy hearing about them getting shut up.

negative: That was a terrible story and no one even knows what you drive or how it is modded. There were no specific details and grammar is lacking.

positive: Good race. I bet the ricer pack will leave you alone from now on.

have a nice day
Old 02-22-2010, 09:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 6.0 silverado
I'm going to use the positive, negative, positive technique. This way you don't get offended as much.

positive: I also dislike car-ignorant people who talk trash and I enjoy hearing about them getting shut up.

negative: That was a terrible story and no one even knows what you drive or how it is modded. There were no specific details and grammar is lacking.

positive: Good race. I bet the ricer pack will leave you alone from now on.

have a nice day
quite possibly the funniest thing that I have read in a long time...and I couldn't agree more
Old 02-22-2010, 09:21 PM
TECH Regular

Hey op, could you tell me what key is two keys to right of the M? I believe you may be missing yours... (I just used it three times IN A ROW, it was painfully hard).
Old 02-22-2010, 09:21 PM
Teching In

sorry about no details on my ride: 94 trans am formula m6 lt1 k&n intake bbk throttle body no cat cut-out flowmaster copper tire zion zpt im getting started with my car and learning the ropes as a learner mechanic my apologies on the grammar errors and i just want to clarify i dont necessarily hate honda i have seen 9.5 sec civics out there my respects!!! i just hate the stupid attitude some ricers display...
Old 02-22-2010, 09:23 PM
Teching In

dots are for people that stop and i never stop!
Old 02-22-2010, 09:27 PM
On The Tree

good job putting the ricers in there place. I bet you won't have any problems out of them anymore. And I also find it funny that his friends tried to block you in. They knew that you were about to get up there with him and race and DESTROY him...or he would chicken out and look like a total loser. They get an A for effort.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:23 PM
On The Tree

So if LS1 guys think LT1's are slow and LT1 guys think rice is slow, do the ricers get stuck picking on people that drive mopeds? Assuming said ricer isn't ignorant enough to think his car is fast.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Good logic but I hate to tell you that your wrong...they race parked cars.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the high school ricer "kills"
Old 02-27-2010, 09:17 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by chavez885
Love the high school ricer "kills"
agreed... i loved having the fastest car around, now i just have another fbody lol
Old 02-27-2010, 09:40 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by greatskiiiier
agreed... i loved having the fastest car around, now i just have another fbody lol
Yea i had to settle for being second fastest with my 6.0, behind a GT3076r fed SRT4

Strangely those were by far the fastest cars at school, after the top 2 it fell to a boost controlled SRT4, mazdaspeed3(also boost controlled), a few WRXs, an s2000, a few G35s, and a few Sis. Thats about it as far as speed went.

Of course we had one kid with a 72 trans am 455(smogged motor) that believed beyond a doubt that he was the fastest even though he consistently lost(lost is putting it nicely, it was more like got annialated by) a bone stock 2007 Civic Si lol And off of a roll he barely pulled on my beater car (a volvo 740 wagon) then denied all of tis even though it was his idea to race int he first place. Cool guy.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:04 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
Yea i had to settle for being second fastest with my 6.0, behind a GT3076r fed SRT4

Strangely those were by far the fastest cars at school, after the top 2 it fell to a boost controlled SRT4, mazdaspeed3(also boost controlled), a few WRXs, an s2000, a few G35s, and a few Sis. Thats about it as far as speed went.

Of course we had one kid with a 72 trans am 455(smogged motor) that believed beyond a doubt that he was the fastest even though he consistently lost(lost is putting it nicely, it was more like got annialated by) a bone stock 2007 Civic Si lol And off of a roll he barely pulled on my beater car (a volvo 740 wagon) then denied all of tis even though it was his idea to race int he first place. Cool guy.
haha, you had some expensive cars at your school, i was the fastest then my close friend had a 93 z28 then it prob dropped to the si? but there was a crate 350 monte, and a 454ss

what was done to youre car when you ran the 13.0?... and im too that "oh its automatic" guy lmaoo
Old 02-27-2010, 11:35 AM
TECH Resident

haha, you had some expensive cars at your school, i was the fastest then my close friend had a 93 z28 then it prob dropped to the si? but there was a crate 350 monte, and a 454ss

what was done to youre car when you ran the 13.0?... and im too that "oh its automatic" guy lmaoo
It had drag bags at 20 psi and Falken RT-615s on all corners, 245 width, loweed the rear tires to like 26psi.

I ran consistent 13.1s and my 13.0 was when the track had to close for 45 min to clean up some fluid and that let my car cool down enough i suppose.

What dissapointed me where my 2.0 60fts. This was my first time to the track with this car and one of my buddies has the same gto as me and was cutting 1.9s with shittier tires a few weeks before. I honestly believe i could have had 12s with some more seat time, and right before i went i was about to throw two spares on the front but at the last second decided i would rather see what my car runs the way i drive it EVERY DAY lol

Heres the vid of when me and some friends went to the track. Skip to like 2:45 if all you want to see is the actual runs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deEmyYI9A7s
Old 02-27-2010, 02:35 PM
***Repost Police***

RT-615s aren't the best tires for the track... they're ultra-sticky, but there is almost no sidewall flex. Not sure how much dropping down to 26psi helped.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
RT-615s aren't the best tires for the track... they're ultra-sticky, but there is almost no sidewall flex. Not sure how much dropping down to 26psi helped.
I didnt buy my tires specifically for the 1/4 mile, in my eyes the Rt-s are an awesome overall performance tire for the money. Plus on the street once they warmed up they offered more then enough grip for a stock GTO.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:57 PM
12 Second Club

and im too that "oh its automatic" guy lmaoo
With the 1/4 time you have listed for that LS1, sounds like you need an auto. Or tires haha

It had drag bags at 20 psi and Falken RT-615s on all corners, 245 width, loweed the rear tires to like 26psi.

I ran consistent 13.1s and my 13.0 was when the track had to close for 45 min to clean up some fluid and that let my car cool down enough i suppose.

What dissapointed me where my 2.0 60fts. This was my first time to the track with this car and one of my buddies has the same gto as me and was cutting 1.9s with shittier tires a few weeks before. I honestly believe i could have had 12s with some more seat time, and right before i went i was about to throw two spares on the front but at the last second decided i would rather see what my car runs the way i drive it EVERY DAY lol

Heres the vid of when me and some friends went to the track. Skip to like 2:45 if all you want to see is the actual runs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deEmyYI9A7s
Thats a badass GTO but i agree with iruneleven's that 26psi probably didnt do much, i kinda always heard you needed to go 20 or lower for it to really make any noticeable difference. And with that drop just slightly in your 60' and you are in the 12's
Old 02-27-2010, 04:58 PM
12 Second Club

Hard for me to say too, when one fucken kid had a 02 Viper
Old 02-28-2010, 04:25 AM
***Repost Police***

I didnt buy my tires specifically for the 1/4 mile, in my eyes the Rt-s are an awesome overall performance tire for the money. Plus on the street once they warmed up they offered more then enough grip for a stock GTO.
Oh yeah man, I had some RT-615s on my old Mustang... best $772.72 I ever spent
Old 02-28-2010, 07:59 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
With the 1/4 time you have listed for that LS1, sounds like you need an auto. Or tires haha
haha, ya i do have a 14.05 slip ... also have a 13.1 though, and that was short shifting lol