Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

killed a f-150

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 04:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default killed a f-150

I got stuck behind this slow poke in a new f-150 who wouldn't go any faster than 5mph under the speed limit of 45 but traffic always goes 50-55. I was in a rush and kept looking for a good spot to pass but none of the passing zones lined up w/ on-coming traffic very well. I finally got a chance to pass him when we caught a red light together where the highway opens up to 2 lanes in each direction for a couple hundred feet. I just had a feeling that he was going to try to get the jump on me when it turned green even tho he was a slow poke and I wasn't tailgating him or anything. I hit it perfectly when the light went green and caught him sleeping. I had him at my rear bumper when I noticed him punching it so I floored it too and held his front bumper at my door. the 2 lanes quickly went back to 1 but I wasn't giving up as he rode on the yellow and I drove the breakdown lane. by the time we reached 75mph or so he had lost a few feet on me with his bumper now at my rear wheels. he must of been used to pushing smaller vehicles around the road but he met his match with me and finally backed off w/ the traffic lights now a ~1/4 mile behind us. I imagine he was pretty bummed his brand new f-150 lost to a 1994 POS chevy lumina w/ over 200k on the clock
Old 02-26-2010, 04:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I completely and utterly hate passive aggressive ******** like that! Good Kill.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
I completely and utterly hate passive aggressive ******** like that! Good Kill.
yeah people who HAVE to be first out of the lights even tho they drive slow suck!
Old 02-26-2010, 05:38 PM

Good Kill!! lol I had the same thing happen to me. Me and an CTS were at a light and his lane was closing for construction. So when the light turns green he guns it and spins the tires through the whole intersection to get in my lane. Quickly followed by a cop that was waiting to turn in to our lanes. I guess the CTS didnt see him because the cop was on the other side of me. Funny thing is i had every intention letting him in my lane anyway. I guess he had something to prove.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:01 PM
TECH Resident

i like to be the passive aggressive ahole from time to time, i call it the "slow game" i only do it in my z though cuz i know no one around will be able to pass it lolol

on the other hand my friend did this same thing and the guy ended up running into the curb prob bending his rim, so good kill! lol, wasnt expecting the lumina
Old 02-26-2010, 08:39 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah when they do that I will take the shoulder and go!
Old 02-27-2010, 12:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 04ColoradoZQ8
Ricer move there. I bet you own a Yamaha R6, too. lol
Old 02-27-2010, 03:32 AM
Teching In

killed by a lumina OUCH!!!
Old 02-27-2010, 07:43 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nice kill! I get to drive those new F-150s at work every now and then and they are super nice trucks but theyre pigs. But Ford is gonna put a new 400+hp 6.2L V8 in them later this year or early next year
Old 02-28-2010, 10:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 04ColoradoZQ8
lol I actually had another ford PU do the exact same thing to me last year at the same spot except it was more of a run you off the road situation and I was in my camaro. slamming on the brakes would of been a safer move but I was pissed. I dropped it into 2nd, passed the car in front of me on the shoulder and slid sideways squeezing between that car and the car in front of him and passed another 3 cars using the on-coming lane. whats up w/ ford truck drivers anyways?
Originally Posted by NastyNate65
nice kill! I get to drive those new F-150s at work every now and then and they are super nice trucks but theyre pigs. But Ford is gonna put a new 400+hp 6.2L V8 in them later this year or early next year
damn! I guess its time to mod the lumina!
Old 02-28-2010, 11:45 PM
10 Second Club

I had something similar happen one morning on my way to LSU. I was in my F350 turbo diesel that has the Bullydog GT tuner on it. I was in the fast lane and this guy with a newer Chevy truck was riding my ***. I was already going 85-90mph (I was running late for my training so I was in a little bit of a hurry). I didn’t delay or alter his trip in anyway was just toying with the guy. Anyway, the guy tried to pass me after I was in the right lane but I just put it to the floor and pulled away from the guy. After doing this a couple of times to him I started to get bored with it and just let the guy pass me. A mile or so down the road there was a car in the right lane that was going really slow so I pulled back in the fast lane to pass him when low and behold I notice that same truck right in front of me matching the speed of the slow *** car so I couldn’t pass him up. The guy flips me off through the window. I started laughing because the guy was really pissed at me. So I had no other choice but to take the break down lane on his *** and go around him and that other slow car. Of course the guy speeds up after that to try and catch me again!! So it seems that some people's only intent in life is to make other's miserable!! Good job OP and sorry for the high jack!!
Old 03-01-2010, 12:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm a dick on the road. 2,000rpms shifts and I don't go above 60-65mph, even on the interstate. If you don't like it, **** yourself.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:35 AM
Teching In

^The main cause of road rage^
Old 03-01-2010, 03:08 AM
Staging Lane

I smoked a newer dodge truck with a HEMI rolling on some 20's and he definately had some kind of exhaust. We were at the light, i looked at his truck not expecting anything as he was an unsuspecting older gentleman. The light turned green and I heard his truck roar to life with his tire squaling. I mashed the throttle and pulled away at least 6 lengths. He must have felt aweful losing, seeing as I was driving my wifes turbo beetle. But he cant feel any worse losing to it than I do being seen driving it!!!! hahaha
Old 03-01-2010, 03:37 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by nauticalstar2012
I smoked a newer dodge truck with a HEMI rolling on some 20's and he definately had some kind of exhaust. We were at the light, i looked at his truck not expecting anything as he was an unsuspecting older gentleman. The light turned green and I heard his truck roar to life with his tire squaling. I mashed the throttle and pulled away at least 6 lengths. He must have felt aweful losing, seeing as I was driving my wifes turbo beetle. But he cant feel any worse losing to it than I do being seen driving it!!!! hahaha
This is so true my friend!!
Old 03-01-2010, 11:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by tc95050
No you are wrong, that would be a female driver on the cell phone.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:13 PM
12 Second Club

The entire time i thought he raced the F-150 in his Z28 and was thinking omfg. . . there is something terribly wrong with his car if its not pulling very hard on that truck!

Nice kill op go LUMINA!
Old 03-01-2010, 08:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by tc95050
people like that are fine if they stay to the right, its the ******** who poke along in the out side lanes often driving right next to the car to their left plugging up the works who cause road rage. I swear half the country needs to go back to drivers ed
Originally Posted by nauticalstar2012
lmfao aint that the truth!
Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
The entire time i thought he raced the F-150 in his Z28 and was thinking omfg. . . there is something terribly wrong with his car if its not pulling very hard on that truck!

Nice kill op go LUMINA!
ahahah yeah my z28 does have a slight miss
the lumina just has a sticky lifter, not too shabby
Old 03-01-2010, 11:58 PM
Teching In

The people I love to **** off are the jerk-offs just weaving traffic that you know you will catch up with at the next light. Anytime I catch one of these guys on a two lane road I block them off with another car, then slowly begin to pass the other car, so they hop behind me thinking they will get a chance to get over.....then I slow down so they switch lanes, at which point I repeat the process.

Anyway nice kill OP, +1 for the Lumina
Old 03-02-2010, 12:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that kill story is awesome, but brings back a crazy memory...
before cellphones were common i witnessed a similar "race" with an 80's style F150 and a mid 80's toyota tercel. same basic deal - truck was driving slow and i was behind the tercel. tercel goes into the right lane at a light and tries to pass as it merges soon after... except the poor tercel didn't quite have the pull your lumina had. i watched as the guy in the F150 swerved over and hit the tercel hard enough to whip the driver's head over. the f150 tapped him a few more times as they kept on at it and the tercel made his pass. i slowed down to avoid the paint/trim shower i was getting. while fleeing for his life, the guy in the tercel pulled a left turn almost hitting a car going the opposite direction and the f150 just kept it pinned and went straight. it was weird - other than television, i never saw anyone ram another car repeatedly as they both accelerated.