Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Bolton Challenge: '02 M6 WS6 versus '05 A4 GTO

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 07:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Bolton Challenge: '02 M6 WS6 versus '05 A4 GTO

And the unanimous winner is: The WS6! Sorry, no video: both of us planned on filming our runs but neither had time to run home to get the cameras due to weather.

First off with the 2002 WS6 mods: (from what I remember) ET Streets, stock clutch, LT's no cats, X pipe, dumping thru bullet mufflers infront of the axle, Lid w/working ramair, tune, UNHOOKED 150 shot nitrous setup.
His numbers were 322 hp-340 tq N/A (468 hp-610 tq on nitrous.)--- same dyno that had a full bolton '06 M6 GTO putting down 340rwhp.

My GTO's mods that mattered: Potenza RE-01R autocross tires, LT's w/cats, Spintech catback, Vavaram CAI, internet tune via "06MonteSS", Chris White 75% TM removed trans ECU.

3 higher rolls- 45, 50, 55mph- had him jump ahead by a car quickly then we held fairly even until I got into 3rd gear (2 car jump on the 45mph run) where the first two times he started to slowly walk me. The 55mph run he didnt walk though: I think he might have short shifted...

WS6:3 GTO:0

2 30mph runs went down like so: first slow roll run I pulled a half car lead until halfway thru second where we ended up door to door. Stayed door to door (each gear change we swapped the lead) until we let up around 120mph with him ahead by a foot or so. Second roll race he must have regained his no-lift shifting finesse and was only even until 50mph or so where he pulled 1 car on me by just north of 100mph.
WS6:2 GTO:0

One helluva set of runs with me trying my damnedest to will a few more hp outta my dirty heap! Kudo's **** (oops no names!), your old beast took me out fair and square! And for the record, he showed me his nitrous setup with the dangling wires leading from the nitrous controller (he had to unhook them when he installed his Tick clutch master cylinder).

Cool guy who just did me a huge favor: heads are being ordered within the next week. Time for that heads/cam/stall/ install I've been waiting on.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm slow...
Old 03-05-2010, 10:34 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LS1PUNK
I'm slow...
slow is relative: to me you are 'faster'. for now.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:19 AM
10 Second Club

The A4 has the advantage from a dig but the M6 has the advantage from a roll!! Should have did a few dig races!!
Old 03-05-2010, 05:48 PM
Teching In

Without Gears and a TC the a4 is at a hugh disadvantage. Add gears and a TC and the outcome will be much different and your HP numbers might be slightly lower.

Nice runs for both cars.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:32 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks Chuck, and I gotta agree. I knew it was going to be close, but I figured the combo of him driving with a broken right hand (boxer fracture) and my probably 20-30rwhp more should be enough. Nope!
Originally Posted by odarabla
The A4 has the advantage from a dig but the M6 has the advantage from a roll!! Should have did a few dig races!!
We will after he gets a new clutch: his current clutch is going out, which is why his nitrous hasn't been hooked up and he didnt want to do a dig race.