Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2 kills with my 98 Z28: LS1 Trans Am & 1970s Chevy

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 12:33 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default 2 kills with my 98 Z28: LS1 Trans Am & 1970s Chevy

1st run: I was cruising around tonight with a buddy in my car when what looks like challenger headlights starts coming up behind me. I get excited and then the car pulls up and its a 1970s Chevy. EDIT: After looking at pics on google Ive narrowed it down to either a 1974 Chevy Nova or a 1976 Dodge Dart. Still not exactly sure, I couldnt see too well through my tint. Anyways it looks like 75% of the paint is gone and whats left is just a brown rusty color. But it definitely sounds like a V8 so i get next to him in 2nd doing about 45 and he takes off-at least i noticed after a few seconds. So i floor it and immediately pull 4-5 car lengths by the top of 2nd gear. I am not exactly proud of this kill but hey, that thing could have been a sleeper so i had to run him and find out. A kill is a kill.

2nd run: Two hours later I am driving to drop my friend off at his car and I see a red LS1 Trans Am turn into a neighborhood. I then drop off my buddy and drive away down a different road then the way I came, and sure enough i drive by the red Trans Am pulling out of the neighborhood and he gets right behind me, then we catch a light and he pulls up on my left, and hes got one passenger. The road after the light turns to 1 lane in a couple hundred feet. Green light hits and were off. I spun all through first and finally caught traction at the top of first and he spun a little less than me and pulled a fender but i brought 1st to 6k and idk when he shifted but I hit 2nd and by about 5k I had a fender on him and thats when he shut it down so I could get in front of him cuz my lane was about to end. Pulled up to them at the next light and we both rolled our windows down about 4 inches before they stopped. Passenger in the other car said "Your window broken too?" Me: "Haha you know it!" I then recognize the passenger as a kid from my automotive class last year. It was pretty damn funny.The driver also said his car was stock, and an auto, like mine. I asked them to run again, guy said no cuz "I just got a DUI" so idk why he raced in the first place but it was a really close race. I know stock vs. stock is slow and lame, but its all i could get. I had a damn fun time

Last edited by NastyNate65; 03-16-2010 at 12:56 PM.