Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

98 Formula "HellS1" vs. Acura NSX

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 09:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Formula "HellS1" vs. Acura NSX

So this is my first run in the car/first kill-story post, so bare with me. I'm driving home from work and stop at a gas station, put half a tank in, and head out. It's a right-turn only and I live the other direction so I go to make a U-turn and see this low, wide-stanced candy maroon (sweet *** color) NSX with HIDs and an exhaust drive by, so I attempt to catch up. A few miles down the road i get behind him and start to ride his tail. I was afraid he was going to pull onto the highway ramp but he did not, so I got up next to him as soon as i could and dropped it down into 3rd and cruised at a high RPM to the red light. I was giving him the look and he was on the cell phone ::roll eyes:: but I did happen to notice a 3-gauge pillar but couldn't tell what they were. Definately didn't hear any forced induction, so i assume it was Air/Fuel, Temp. and Pressure gauges. Anyway, like I said this thing was real low (I know they come that way, but it was extra low) and had some PHAT *** tires on it with a real deep, high-performance sounding exhaust. It really did sound amazing. The light turns green and I kinda get onto it but he does not. There are cars up ahead in the far right two lanes out of 3 (these are the 2 lanes we were in) so i pull all the way to the left and hope he follows. Nonetheless a few more miles down the road we get near each other and i start downshifting one gear at a time until i'm in second doing probably 30mph or so, maybe 40. He get neck-and-neck with me but doesnt gun it, and we stay this way for a good 10 seconds. I guess we were waiting for each other to make the first move. I tap the gas a little then hesitate, but he was quick to respond and nailed it at that point so I followed. He obviously had a slight jump (maybe a bumper's length) but i pulled right next to him right away. Once we shifted into 3rd he began to pull on me, but let off after getting 3/4 of a car ahead. I was really bummed because I thought I might have pulled back up on him but we will never know. This all happened a little bit before this big perimeter circle road that goes around this huge office building in the middle of Hollywood Blvd. (dont know why its there, lol) and we take the turns at about 50mph but he def. had traction advantages. Once we finish the semi-circle (only did the half-moon to keep heading the same way, not a complete 360* to head back the opposite direction) and I nailed it to catch back up and go again but he had the window down and gave me the "peace" sign with a smile out the window. He seemed nice and cool about the experience, I just wish I knew what woulda happened if we kept goin!
Old 03-22-2010, 10:15 PM
Staging Lane

mods?
Old 03-22-2010, 10:17 PM
Teching In

just added them to the sig., sorry
Old 03-22-2010, 10:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 112 Likes on 82 Posts

Bummer on the death. But try some paragraphs next time so its easier to follow the story. Us with gigantic moniters just see one big paragraph and its rough to keep on the right line.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:17 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn man, I woulda bet money you would yard the guy! Hell, bone stock from a roll I would call it a dead even match: with your mods, you should have him. Obviously a modded NSX then. Oh well, honorable death!

Even the fastest stock lefthand drive NSX only ran low 13's. Fastest ever recorded by any magazine was a 'ringer' car that was given to the press in '98 that hit 13.1 with a 4.5 0-60mph. Your mods should make you an easy mid to low 12 second car. Oh well, time to throw that cam into it and find that NSX again!
Old 03-23-2010, 10:24 AM
Teching In

Thumbs up

bummer man. the nsx here sounds modded to me. they are just a honda factory 3.0 (276 hp) rear engine car. one good thing is its light. ive rode in one that was super charged and it rolled out pretty well. you need more mods mah friend.