Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Road rage turns to fun.

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 09:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road rage turns to fun.

This might be off topic but I need to vent. This also might enlighten some of us to the fact that many people out there hate our cars and our hobby. Well here goes. I needed to get over to get of the Grand Central Parkway to make way onto the Cross Island Parkway. I had my blinker on and moved over respectfully. I did not have too much room between the car in front of me and behind me but I figured I was o.k. to slip in. Anyway, I got onto the Cross Island and settled in the middle lane. All of a sudden this ******* cuts me off and jams on his brakes. He does this 2x. The first time my ABS activated and I almost hit him. Now he makes the second stupid mistake by trying to get away. I get behind him and I show him my 33 inch easton baseball bat. My first inclination was to get in front of him and heeve the bat at his POS. But I thought of the consequenses- I don't want to hurt anyone or damage my car. So I decided to have some fun. He continues to bob and weeve and I just pace him safely. He was driving like a ricer and I was just barely breaking a sweat pacing him. This went on for about 30minutes with him doing last minute lane changes to try and ditch me. This guy went way out of his way to get away. I think the bat scared him. Finally I let him go with a great big grin on my face. He just gave me the finger and got off somewhere in the bronx. I'm glad I didn't succumb to road rage.
Old 01-02-2004, 09:12 PM
10 Second Club

good for you, cause it can land you in jail.
Old 01-03-2004, 12:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
good for you, cause it can land you in jail.
Or killed.

I don't care what I did to provoke him, if somebody had a slugger waving around by my car, the DE would come out of the glove and shots would be fired.

Be careful. Especially in the tri-state area- we're all ******** here.
Old 01-03-2004, 12:57 AM
TECH Regular

baseball bat is a bit much for me...I got a billy club under the front seat
Old 01-03-2004, 01:05 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Originally Posted by Super Mario
Or killed.

I don't care what I did to provoke him, if somebody had a slugger waving around by my car, the DE would come out of the glove and shots would be fired.

Be careful. Especially in the tri-state area- we're all ******** here.

HAHA, this reminds me of some girl that was on here along time ago, preaching to us about road rage. When me and u (SM) started badgering her telling her how stupid she was, she came back with something like "I am smart enough to know that road rage is the single largest cause of traffic fatalities in the U.S." .... I don't think we ever heard from her again after I let her know that Alcohol is actually the largest cause of traffic fatalities (around 35% if I remember correctly), and that road rage accounts for an almost insignificant percentage.

Good times ...
Old 01-03-2004, 09:58 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Rice Burner
baseball bat is a bit much for me...I got a billy club under the front seat
Well, I removed the bat after this. The bat was never intended for road rage. I used to keep it in there for "spur of the moment" trips to the batting range. My wepon of choice is only a maglite flashlight. That **** hurts too!
Old 01-03-2004, 10:48 AM
STF Veteran

I've already lost one car I loved to hitting a dumbass (and that was unintentional), and that **** sucks. If someone PURPOSELY cuts me off and slams the brakes to make me hit him... well ****, I'm not a violent person, nor am I a big guy... but I'm grabbing the biggest heaviest thing i can find nearby and hitting them with it. That's **** you just don't DO. You're endangering other drivers, and showing a complete lack of respect for yourself and your automobile. And, seeing as how you don't seem to give a **** about yourself, I'm sure you won't mind me raising some nice bruises and maybe even breaking a couple bones after a retard move like that.

I'm sure the cop will see it differently though. *sigh*
Old 01-03-2004, 03:10 PM
STF Veteran

That's some serious armor there, Mario. I call . If I go up to New York with the rest of these fools, you can prove me wrong. I used to fire those in the Army. Of course they weren't HANDGUNS!! That's infuckingsane!!
Old 01-03-2004, 11:46 PM
TECH Resident

[QUOTE=Skarecrow]I've already lost one car I loved to hitting a dumbass (and that was unintentional), and that **** sucks. If someone PURPOSELY cuts me off and slams the brakes to make me hit him... well ****, I'm not a violent person, nor am I a big guy... but I'm grabbing the biggest heaviest thing i can find nearby and hitting them with it. That's **** you just don't DO. You're endangering other drivers, and showing a complete lack of respect for yourself and your automobile. And, seeing as how you don't seem to give a **** about yourself, I'm sure you won't mind me raising some nice bruises and maybe even breaking a couple bones after a retard move like that.

I'm sure the cop will see it differently though. *sigh*[/
QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 01-04-2004, 01:20 AM
TECH Junkie

I HATE ******* drivers... I love checking my brakes, though, i only do a couple of quick jerky checks, just to see if the guy takes the hint... if not, i then proceed to go twenty below the speed limit... I seriously think im gonna make a sign that says "Get off my ***!" and stick it out the sunroof anytime someone gets on my ***.
Old 01-04-2004, 01:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 02PHOENIX
That's some serious armor there, Mario. I call . If I go up to New York with the rest of these fools, you can prove me wrong. I used to fire those in the Army. Of course they weren't HANDGUNS!! That's infuckingsane!!
Yeah, I was lying real bad. I don't even own a gun.
Old 01-04-2004, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02PHOENIX
I wouldn't worry anyway even if he really did have one..... (although I do believe they make .44 and .357 versions) cause you couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with one of those without a stock (50AE.) It's a total Hollywood gun. My friend rented one at the range and couldn't even hit the target.
Old 01-04-2004, 02:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JF WS6
I wouldn't worry anyway even if he really did have one..... (although I do believe they make .44 and .357 versions) cause you couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with one of those without a stock (50AE.) It's a total Hollywood gun. My friend rented one at the range and couldn't even hit the target.
Actually, I'm really considering buying a handgun. Which would you guys suggest?
Old 01-04-2004, 02:52 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Can't go wrong with a glock .... something in the .40 cal range would probably give yo the best mix of controllability and stopping power. I looked into one a few months ago, and the cost was just too high for me .... considering I really don't plan on ever actually shooting someone.
Old 01-04-2004, 04:19 PM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by xphantomws6x
Can't go wrong with a glock .... something in the .40 cal range would probably give yo the best mix of controllability and stopping power. I looked into one a few months ago, and the cost was just too high for me .... considering I really don't plan on ever actually shooting someone.
You hardly ever actually plan on shooting someone.

It just kinda... you know, happens.

hahah
Old 01-04-2004, 04:35 PM
TECH Junkie

I would not have done that Mod Maniac. Some crazy sucker could have a gun and shoot you next time. Best thing to do is tail him and call the cops. I have never done it, but supposedly some of my friends bagged some ricers doing that. I would go with the glock 21 .45 and hollow points. Or if you are planning on getting a concealed pistol permit Glock 30 or 36 ( 30 is itty bitty 36 is a bit better). But a Glock 21 is a good choice. Desert Eagle 44 is a good piece and never forget the good ole' colt 1991 or browning highpower.
Old 01-04-2004, 05:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WECIV
I would not have done that Mod Maniac. Some crazy sucker could have a gun and shoot you next time. Best thing to do is tail him and call the cops. I have never done it, but supposedly some of my friends bagged some ricers doing that. I would go with the glock 21 .45 and hollow points. Or if you are planning on getting a concealed pistol permit Glock 30 or 36 ( 30 is itty bitty 36 is a bit better). But a Glock 21 is a good choice. Desert Eagle 44 is a good piece and never forget the good ole' colt 1991 or browning highpower.
You know, I thought about calling the cops while I was tailing him, but I figured they wouldn't do anything for me. Maybee I should of. Next time. Thanks for the advice. Besides, the guy was driving a brand new mini van- I know I shouldn't assume he doesn't have a pistol by the type/appearance of his vehicle, but I did. You're right.
Old 01-04-2004, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Actually, I'm really considering buying a handgun. Which would you guys suggest?
Look into the Walther P99. Nice hightech handgun. The Springfield Armory XD handguns are a nice value and hightech/lightweight.

If you like old school single action .45's like the 1911 style, Springfield & Kimber are nice. Whatever you do get a good brand handgun not some cheapie. To get something nice you'll have to spend atleast $500 or more.
Old 01-05-2004, 12:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JF WS6
To get something nice you'll have to spend atleast $500 or more.
Yeah that's waht I was thinking, I don't have the money yet, but in the future i'll probably own one.
Old 01-05-2004, 12:47 AM
Launching!

nah forget buying the gun buy mods, then blow their doors off when they start driving like ********!