Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

5.4 outran a GSXR 750

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 07:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really need to get it weighed but I plan to wait until I get the 15" wheels on. All I know is the car is easy as **** to push around by myself.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
My car makes 418rwhp/393rwtq and weighs somewhere in the neighborhood of 3200lbs. Nothing I would call "fast" but it does ok for a beat around town car.
ah HA!! quick, everyone make a note of this. it WILL come up in a future conversation
Old 04-16-2010, 07:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ElkySS
ah HA!! quick, everyone make a note of this. it WILL come up in a future conversation
YOu just quoted it....it's SAFE FOOOOOORRRRRRREEEEEEVVVVVVVEEEEEEERRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

unless a mod delete's it. LOL
Old 04-16-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Those numbers wont stay accurate long....if they are accurate to begin with.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:39 PM
TECH Addict

**** man I forgot you had a T56 in there LOL.

BTW, I am buying another truck
Old 04-16-2010, 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL, I lurk more than I post - but I know stopsign has a serious car. Oh and he also knows how to stir the pot! Well played sir!
Old 04-16-2010, 07:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am not saying I will beat all 750s or even 600s but I know I outran that bike and that is all I'm saying.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by $750 L98
LOL, I lurk more than I post - but I know stopsign has a serious car. Oh and he also knows how to stir the pot! Well played sir!
pics of your third gen?

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
I am not saying I will beat all 750s or even 600s but I know I outran that bike and that is all I'm saying.
you'll take out a 600 I'm sure.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds believable that the bike was caught unawares and/or was a inexperienced or scared rider who couldnt ride his bike to its potential in a straight line. Flat spot down the center of the tire gives that away- which as a rider, is why Stopsign posted that fact up.

Background to back up his claim from my own memory banks:

2002, friend of mine had a built to the hilt, fully ported, stroked, cam'd ZX-12 kawasaki (precursor to the ZX-14) that made 205rwhp and weighed 475 pounds. Guy is one of the best riders I have ever known. But that didnt keep him from losing to a Honda Accord that had nitrous during a freeway encounter. He kept his bike in 5th gear and wasnt able to catch the nitrous'd Accord until 155mph where he finally got into his power and went flying by- but not before the Honda tapped his brake light and took the win. He couldnt understand why I was so pissed at him for not pasting the cager: "Why? It's not like he was actually faster than me." I've met alot of riders with that thought process.

Other instance was me getting beat by a 09 GSXR750 on the freeway when he caught up to me and paced me in 1st gear: I slowed down to 50 to talk and started downshifting: he took off. I only bothered to downshift to 3rd and he walked away... by 130mph I was noticeably closing the 6-8 car gap when he let up. Pissed at myself now, I got him to re race me from 45mph- and destroyed him. Point being, right gear is critical, even for a bike like mine that makes a massive 120ftlb of torque (twice what a GSXR 750 makes).

Last edited by Sticks n Stones; 04-16-2010 at 07:57 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:53 PM
TECH Regular

I was hoping this thread would deliver more, but Sarge spoiled the potential fun me thinks.
You're getting a truck Sarge? I thought you were going to get some other car a while back but you were being all secretive about it.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Listen up **** *** cause I'm gonna take you to school real quick.

1.) Kevin here is running quite a bit more than 297rwhp, his sig is just for a ruse from dipshit noobs like you.

2.) He also is a good friend of mine and I know for a fact he doesn't lie about his races.

3.) The man has owned 2 GSXR's apparently, I only knew of the one liter bike he had. I'm sure he knew that bike should have assraped him from a dig and a roll.

Like the old saying goes, it's better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are dumb rather than open your mouth and prove it. Keep your ******* mouth shut and learn something about the people around here before you go spout off dumb incorrect **** like this.

Have a good day.
let me take you back to school... he just admitted his horsepower which is a bit north of 400rwhp, still not enough to hang with a 750 gixxer FROM A ROLL EVEN... get your mind right before you come on here trying to act like you know wtf your talking about, and if he has owned gixxers before he should know he wouldnt even beat a 600 so go find somebody elses nuts to hang from
Old 04-16-2010, 08:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 31camaro
let me take you back to school... he just admitted his horsepower which is a bit north of 400rwhp, still not enough to hang with a 750 gixxer FROM A ROLL EVEN... get your mind right before you come on here trying to act like you know wtf your talking about, and if he has owned gixxers before he should know he wouldnt even beat a 600 so go find somebody elses nuts to hang from
hmmm....interesting. So, all you care about is peak hp numbers eh? I'd be shocked if his car weighs over 3000#'s. That doesn't count for anything? What about the close ratio T56 over the old T5? what about his 4.10s over stock 3.27s (or 3.08s)? Dang n00bs.

Let's also not forgot Sarge has owned a gixxer himself. D'oh.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:36 PM
11 Second Club

LOLS to this ******* thread. Good Kill Kevin.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

trust me noobs, dont keep posting. just walk away. this could get bad
Old 04-16-2010, 08:51 PM
11 Second Club

good kill StopSign.....ive had a few 600s, and now on my k9 1000. im sure it was a legit race.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:07 PM
Staging Lane

StopSign: whats your best trap to date? or what do you think you setup at the time of the race was I should say?

To beat him legitly I would guess you would need to trap at least 140...
Old 04-16-2010, 09:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
StopSign: whats your best trap to date? or what do you think you setup at the time of the race was I should say?

To beat him legitly I would guess you would need to trap at least 140...
I haven't had this combination to the track yet. I have no idea what it will run really. I'd hope for a mid to low 11 with a trap speed around 120mph. No it wont beat all 600cc bikes or 750cc bikes however since I got the jump and the rider probably thought I had around 300rwhp or hell for all I know he might know nothing about cars in general and thinks Bike > Car, period (I used to race bikes on the street for money in cars) I can see what happened making sense. But he WAS ready and he WAS geared down. Anyone with a fast car against another fast car knows if one gets the jump over the other its not that easy to pull instantly. I was ready for the flames and I really don't care. Just thought it would make for a good thread and it was a funny kill.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 31camaro
A 2008 Viper would crush my car also but if I ran across one that didn't think my car was worth gearing down to that extra gear and let me get the jump.....well I doubt he would catch up. Just something to think about.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:50 PM
Staging Lane

I hear ya stopsign. I normally would be the one to flame a bike verse car kill but you aint some wet behind the ears teenie noob so I gave you the nod.

Got a tuner friend of mine who is known as a guru over on the east coast for teaching guys how to drag race there bikes properly. Started with him taking there bikes and getting there best possible times, but he came to the conclusion that it wasnt HIM so much as it was THEM not operating the bike properly.

Know what his biggest surprise was? He started data logging all these guys whose bikes werent performing up to par: turns out all of them had numerous segments or whole runs where they were not going full throttle. To a man they denied it, but data loggers dont lie. Some had to go with 1/4 throttle kits (like I did with my 14) and the rest just learned to peg it and lean on it at the pegs to insure its WOT. And these are drag racers running 8's to low 9's: can you imagine how many street riders dont go WOT when they think they are WOT??? Eye opening if you think about it.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

I know exactly what you are talking about Sticks. When I was riding my 1k one of the things I noticed was that actually going WOT took ALOT of wrist turning to get to. Infact if you have your hands in the normal riding position you (or I atleast) could not go WOT. I had to put my wrist alittle more up/forward so I could hit WOT. Now I know a popular mod for Gixxer guys was a R1 throttle tube or something along those lines.

Quick Reply: 5.4 outran a GSXR 750