Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I got a taste of the rainbow.

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 06:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by itsslow98
lol sounds like he was pulling a ricky bobby slingshot move.
slingshot engaged!
Old 09-13-2010, 07:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah that really isn't the correct way to race. But I DID chase him the one time and I inched back up on him when he had a "slingshot" move on me. I did not chase him anymore because I wanted a "fair" race so bad. I don't think he wanted a slower roll because he would hit his brakes and switch lanes to get directly behind me. He did this on several occasions and then proceed to do a slinshot ricer flyby on me. I try real hard not to do chase races so I wasn't gonna keep entertaining him with them and then he thinks he keeps getting wins. I am looking for this guy I have several of my car friends trying to find him and get him to run me straight up and if I'm lucky he will run for $.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:59 PM
Teching In

damn neon owners
Old 09-14-2010, 03:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ozzy1
damn neon owners
Yeah, they suck...
Old 09-14-2010, 03:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by enginjoe
Yeah, they suck...
They do kinda suck...My buddy's with 450hp cant hook for **** with slicks at the track and when he dose he just breaks ****. My second car was a Honda with a decent amount of power (never got it on a dyno) and that officially made me realize how gay front wheel drive is, I should have got another 240sx at least after my first one was hit and totaled out. But for awhile now I have been a LS fan and will never switch to anything else until I get older and get a Gallardo TT.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was saying neon owners suck, but FWD does suck too. It was an attempt at self deprecation; a wimpy attempt at humor. The car itself, as a daily driver, doesn't suck. If it was my only car, that would suck, but I don't have to suffer because I have a turbo F-body to be my fast car. What's sad is my slow car can beat most people's fast car...
Old 09-14-2010, 05:17 PM
TECH Addict

if you had dropped to 2nd at 60 I bet he wouldn't of even gotten along side of you!
Old 09-14-2010, 07:34 PM
Teching In

apparently he didn't want to take the beating like a man and tried to gain the advantage by making you try and match his speed. i hate when people does that crap. he should've atleast slowed down and got an fair run in.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ozzy1
apparently he didn't want to take the beating like a man and tried to gain the advantage by making you try and match his speed. i hate when people does that crap. he should've atleast slowed down and got an fair run in.

What this guy said. I agree 100%. I do respect the srt4's for what they are I know some stuff about them. I mean I took my fair share of beatings from the 05 Srt4 that my brother used to have. It was a Mopar stage 3 kit car also. 2nd gear at 50 hell yeah 2nd at 60 is a no go its instant tire smoke and an instant shift.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBirdLS1
Yeah that really isn't the correct way to race. But I DID chase him the one time and I inched back up on him when he had a "slingshot" move on me. I did not chase him anymore because I wanted a "fair" race so bad. I don't think he wanted a slower roll because he would hit his brakes and switch lanes to get directly behind me. He did this on several occasions and then proceed to do a slinshot ricer flyby on me. I try real hard not to do chase races so I wasn't gonna keep entertaining him with them and then he thinks he keeps getting wins. I am looking for this guy I have several of my car friends trying to find him and get him to run me straight up and if I'm lucky he will run for $.
When he pulls that kind of **** he WONT run ya for money. He knows he cant win, thats why he played his lil Ricky Bobby games with ya