First kill of the summer!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 02:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First kill of the summer!

cars:

2001 camaro SS
mods: LT, 3' cat delete y pipe, maganflow exhaust, Ram air filter, tune, 4:10 gears, Weight Reduction.

199? Skyline
mods: "Big Turbo". weight reduction. rest are unknown.

So, i was cruisng around tonight seeing if i could find anyone I new and I cruised into the local car/bike hangout and spotted my buddy so i pulled up, shot the **** for a little bit then he asked me if I wanted to run his buddies skyline, so i said what the hell.

So the first pull was at 30mph, 2nd gear for me, passanger and windows wide open. Right From the get go he pulled about a hood on me then I grabbed 3rd and he started inching, then i shifted slow to 4th and he pulled a good car length in front. By the end of 4th he was about 3 or 4 cars ahead.

2nd pull was from 20mph, 1st gear for me, no passanger, windows closed. One of the guys tailing us honked his horn three times and i thought it was the skyline and shot off, so it was a dud.

3rd pull was same roll, same gear. We took the next turn around and rolled'em again. Right at the start we were about door to door until the top of first I took about half a car, I grabbed second and was still pulling, the gap grew to about a car and a half, third gear i pulled another car, by the top of 4th it pretty much stayed at that.

When we finally got a good run in it was a pretty close race, i was surprised how much kick the little thing had! Hope you guys enjoyed the story!
Old 07-04-2011, 02:21 PM
TECH Resident

Good run! Guess fellow domestic owners don't like to reply to import threads! lol
Old 07-04-2011, 09:41 PM
Teching In

very nice
Old 07-04-2011, 10:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Good runs.