Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

98Z28 vs. 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 09:16 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98Z28 vs. 350Z

My Mods From Signature: 143k miles, K&N Air Intake, 85mm MAF, Koni Single Adjustable Front Shocks, Bilstein Non-Adjustable Rear Shocks, Thicker Sway Bars, 3-Point SFC's, B&M Ripper Shifter, Centerforce Stage 2 Clutch, Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel, Pacesetter Race LT's, TSP ORY, LM1 Cat-Back, Removed EGR, Removed AIR, Removed A/C Belt, Poly Tranny and Torque Arm Mounts, LS6 Intake Manifold, P+P TB w/ Half-Shaft Bump-Stop TB-Bypass and Epoxy Mods, 355.37rwhp and 365.99 ft lbs. of torque.

350Z Mods: Full Exhaust, Cold Air Intake

Both had one passenger. My big *** roomate weighing at least 25 pounds more then the scrawny passenger in the 350Z haha

Short Story: Slaughtered 350Z

My roomate and I were pulling back into our apartment complex parking lot at PSU Harrisburg late at night, when I spy a GORGEOUS blue 350Z. After parking the camaro we both walked over to the Z and checked it out. I have to say that it was very tastefully modified and not riced out, with matching blue rims and nice big exhaust pipes coming out the back. VERY clean car. Then suddenly the car beeped and the whole interior lit up in a blue glow. "IT LIVES!" I cry, and notice two kids walking over to the car. We chat it up and I compliment his car, asking what he has done to it and if he has had it dynoed. He replies "It makes around 318 but I haven't dynoed it. It has cold air intake, and has the loudest exhuast you've ever heard." My roomate and I exchange looks and at the same time...."NO it's not." The kid and his friend insist, turning on the car and giving it a rev. I admit that it was loud, but not nearly what I had in mind, and it sounded very good, reminding me of some clips i've heard of the new GTRs. He gets out of the car and I say to him "Not bad my good man, but let me introduce you to my car." I proceed to walk over to the black beast lurking in the darkness, start it up, pull it around next to the 350Z, and let the two ignorants bathe in the raw POWAAA coursing through the long tube...ory...and SLP LM1 CATBACK exhaust. I roll down my window and yell "So about that loudest exhaust thing you were saying?" My roomate laughs and they simply shook their heads; speachless, mouths open, and in shock. I motion the owner of the 350Z over to the window, and ask "Its late, its a nice night, and I know a good place. How about we do a run or two with a passenger each?" Less ignorant than I assumed, he replies "For ***** and giggles sure, lead the way."

The four of us get into the cars and I lead them the short distance to the empty on ramp of Route 3032 headed towards 283, coming out of the Harrisburg International Airport. We get around the initial curve to the straight side by side, going about 50 in 2nd gear. He hits it without warning jumping ahead, and I give chase and fly by as soon as I shift into third. I slow down and he tries to fly by, but I roll down the window and motion to slow down. His passenger window rolls down and I yell "Stop being ricer trash! Drop to 30, 1st gear, i'll beep 3 times!" He plays by the rules, and on the third beep we hit it.....The absolute decimation of this 350Z can't be expressed well enough. The only thing I can say is that his car stood still and disappeared, like he didn't even press on the gas, and by the middle of fourth I shut down with buses on him. "Maybe when you hit full throttle, he **** his pants" said my roomate. As I am trying to slow down while laughing my *** off, the 350Z does a fly by. The Stigmobile doesn't like these "fly bys", and instantly downshifts to 3rd, and reels them in without breaking a sweat. I motion them to slow down, which they do, and we do the same run again, with the same results...buses by 4th gear. After that race we run out of straight and follow the highway until we get off, turn around, and come back the same way. As far as I'm concerned theres no need for anymore quality runs, and on the way we back just let them fly by, reel them in and pass, then let off and repeat.

Getting back to the apartment complex parking lot, I put the camaro to bed and we walked over to the lack of competition, who were laughing with hands over mouth saying "HOLY ****!" repeatedly. They continue to fawn over American Muscle, and I occasionaly compliment on the good lucks of the 350Z while wondering if it was running right to lose so much. Eventually I ask "Is your car running alright?" to the response of "Yeah, it felt the same as it always has, why?."....."Just wondering, you might want to recalculate your horsepower guestimate though." He looks sheepishly at the ground muttering "yeahhh." I try to cheer him up a bit saying "Well hey when you get that baby boosted let me know, it'll be a lot closer!" It didn't seem to help that much. We chatted for a bit more then we went our seperate ways to hit the sack. But, not before my roomate and I let people we saw in the complex know we beat whoever owned the blue 350Z haha. Ended up being a pretty good night.

Last edited by 98z28CamaroJG; 03-23-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Lots of douchebaggery but good kill nonetheless.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:44 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 98z28CamaroJG
and let the two ignorants bathe in the raw POWAAA coursing through the long tube...ory...and SLP LM1 CATBACK exhaust. I roll down my window and yell "So about that loudest exhaust thing you were saying?" My roomate laughs and they simply shook their heads; speachless, mouths open, and in shock.
They were probably in shock because of how grossly raspy your exhaust sounded. Could you say Stigmobile one more time please? I don't think we caught that you nicknamed your car the first 4 times you mentioned it.

Nice puppykicking.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Enjoyed the read. good kill!
Old 03-23-2011, 10:10 AM
Staging Lane

Good post and you even tried to cheer him up. lol
Old 03-23-2011, 10:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by WSsick
They were probably in shock because of how grossly raspy your exhaust sounded.
LOL

True duals >>>>>>> lm1

Both in volume and tone. Good kill none the less though!
Old 03-23-2011, 10:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

u guys have to remember, we cant see sigs from mobile view.

can posters PLEASE take 5 seconds andcopy/past it in your OP.

thank you and good kill
Old 03-23-2011, 10:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hugger1975

thank you and good kill
No.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:53 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thank you and good kill
Since you PM'ed back so quickly, I'll help ya out.

his sig:

143k miles, K&N Air Intake, 85mm MAF, Koni Single Adjustable Front Shocks, Bilstein Non-Adjustable Rear Shocks, Thicker Sway Bars, 3-Point SFC's, B&M Ripper Shifter, Centerforce Stage 2 Clutch, Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel, Pacesetter Race LT's, TSP ORY, LM1 Cat-Back, Removed EGR, Removed AIR, Removed A/C Belt, Poly Tranny and Torque Arm Mounts, LS6 Intake Manifold, P+P TB w/ Half-Shaft Bump-Stop TB-Bypass and Epoxy Mods, 355.37rwhp and 365.99 ft lbs. of torque.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:26 AM
Launching!

Hey hey calm down you guys. Just trying to make it a nice long enjoyable read to and embellish it a little bit. You know, make it amusing and enjoyable by embellishing stuff.

BTW, i'm aware my exhuast is raspy as ****, i was concentrating on the loudness of my exhuast not the tone because Everyone knows how loud that exhuast combo is haha. I would much rather have true duals but whats done is done, and i'm investing in a borla XR-1 muffler to make it a borlamouth in the future.

Again, just trying to post up an interesting enjoyable read for those who enjoy the stories not just the short basic facts. You're welcome to read my other kill stories which are short and sweet
Old 03-23-2011, 11:37 AM
11 Second Club

thanx sick.

and :p to errrrrrrrrbody else

good stuff.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:53 AM
Launching!

sorry hugger, i'll edit my post for future mobile viewers haha
Old 03-23-2011, 12:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow WSsick gets all the love and I get :p
Old 03-23-2011, 12:18 PM
11 Second Club

sorry hugger, i'll edit my post for future mobile viewers haha
thank you
Old 03-23-2011, 12:45 PM
Launching!

its okay manalishi we all got it too haha
Old 03-23-2011, 02:04 PM
11 Second Club

Nice kill, I mean rape! Do you know what year Z it was? I'm assuming it wasn't an HR, becuase if it was I don't think you would have beat him so bad. Good story though it was funny to read.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:11 PM
Staging Lane

good read, good kill. . . . ohhh poor 350 owners :/
Old 03-23-2011, 03:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Wow WSsick gets all the love and I get :p
:hugs:

and i forgot to mention.....that was some evil puppy kicken OP!
Old 03-23-2011, 03:27 PM
11 Second Club

its okay manalishi we all got it too haha
correct.....i did say errrrrrrrbody :p

and before i get ripped fo no multi, it dont work on cell so :p
Old 03-23-2011, 04:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

correct.....i did say errrrrrrrbody :p

and before i get ripped fo no multi, it dont work on cell so :p
We'll forgive you this time, just this time.