Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

First story worth posting. 1-1 Formula vs Lancer Evo

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 01:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default First story worth posting. 1-1 Formula vs Lancer Evo

Got probably my most fun race yet today on the way back from lunch. Definitely the race with the best attitude/feel to it.

It started off as a chase race off the <insert street you won't know> light. I could tell by the way he was maneuvering through traffic towards the light and keeping his RPMS high he was about to roll out, so I figured I'd play. At the light I turned TCS off, stayed behind him, and got ready to follow. When we got through the intersection he finally jumped, I stayed on his *** through first, but then blew both my next two shifts and he rolled out on me HARD. No chance of me catching up, I toss it in 5th and cruise on figuring I'll chalk it up to a loss.

Next light approaches and turns yellow where he could easily go through light, but he slams it to stop at the light lined up with me. I'm like, cool at least I can congratulate him etc and maybe run again. I motioned him to roll down his window and yelled to him "Great pull! I blew both my shifts HARD. Both of them." He said thanks, smiled, chuckled at the blown shifts. Then he nods the lights green, so we nail it. I nail both my of my shifts and pull him pretty hard to about 80ish before letting off (gate to arsenal approaching). When I let off, he passes me a few seconds later, like would happen if someone was following hard trying to keep up and you let up suddenly, and gives me a double thumbs up and a nod/smile.

Obviously I can't be 100% sure he was racing the second time because neither of us explicitly said it, but 99% sure he was racing b/c of the nod at the light and because he passed me basically just a few seconds after I let off (as would happen if someone was following you hard/trying to keep up) and was giving me a thumbs up and a nod, so I'm going to call it 1-1.

What's really funny about this to me is, normally you'd expect the Evo (rally car) to roll out from a dig, and an F-Body (muscle car/pony car) to pull from a roll, but that's exactly opposite of what happened this time. I guess it really does go to prove the saying "Anything can happen on the street".

For anyone curious, it was either an Evo8 or Evo9. Definitely not older, and most definitely not an EvoX. Not sure what, if any, mods, but he did have a "Greddy" license plate cover and sounded like some kind of exhaust (but then it could have been stock b/c all fartcan exhausts sound the same to me).

TL;DR version:
-Evo pulled me from roll (botched shifts bad)
-I pulled Evo from dig (nailed shifts hard)
-Anything really can happen on the street
-Quick exchange/convo with Evo driver in between pulls, really cool guy.
-I really need to new motor mounts and an aftermarket shifter.

Last edited by Myrdhyn; 04-22-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:41 PM
11 Second Club

Nice kill/death. You should add some cliffs though in case people don't feel like reading Evo's can be quick if done right. I ran one not too long ago in my WS6.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:14 PM
Staging Lane

TL;DR version added