Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 09:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What in the honest **** is this?
Old 10-22-2014, 09:31 PM
Teching In

"Domestic violence is not a problem. Its a solution." Horrible tastless joke i know. On a brighter note i saw my buddies gf's **** today so now i have ammo to **** him off with for the next few weeks.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MAC";18489910]If you kept reading then you would see im right... hell i can go back and quote things to keep proving my point as well.
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]At Common Law, an intentional act by one person that creates an apprehension in another of an imminent harmful or offensive contact.

An assault is carried out by a threat of bodily harm coupled with an apparent, present ability to cause the harm. It is both a crime and a tort and, therefore, may result in either criminal or civil liability. Generally, the common law definition is the same in criminal and Tort Law. There is, however, an additional Criminal Law category of assault consisting of an attempted but unsuccessful Battery.

Elements

Generally, the essential elements of assault consist of an act intended to cause an apprehension of harmful or offensive contact that causes apprehension of such contact in the victim.

The act required for an assault must be overt. Although words alone are insufficient, they might create an assault when coupled with some action that indicates the ability to carry out the threat. A mere threat to harm is not an assault; however, a threat combined with a raised fist might be sufficient if it causes a reasonable apprehension of harm in the victim.Intent is an essential element of assault. In tort law, it can be specific intent—if the assailant intends to cause the apprehension of harmful or offensive contact in the victim—or general intent—if he or she intends to do the act that causes such apprehension.

There can be no assault if the act does not produce a true apprehension of harm in the victim. There must be a reasonable fear of injury. The usual test applied is whether the act would induce such apprehension in the mind of a reasonable person. The status of the victim is taken into account. A threat made to a child might be sufficient to constitute an assault, while an identical threat made to an adult might not.

Virtually all jurisdictions agree that the victim must be aware of the danger. This element is not required, however, for the attempted battery type of assault. A defendant who throws a rock at a sleeping victim can only be guilty of the attempted battery assault, since the victim would not be aware of the possible harm.

Aggravated Assault

An aggravated assault, punishable in all states as a felony, is committed when a defendant intends to do more than merely frighten the victim. Common types of aggravated assaults are those accompanied by an intent to kill, rob, or rape. An assault with a dangerous weapon is aggravated if there is an intent to cause serious harm. Pointing an unloaded gun at a victim to frighten the individual is not considered an aggravated assault.

Punishment

A defendant adjudged to have committed civil assault is liable for damages. The question of the amount that should be awarded to the victim is determined by a jury. Compensatory Damages, which are aimed at compensating the victim for the injury, are common. Nominal damages, a small sum awarded for the invasion of a right even though there has been no substantial injury, may be awarded. In some cases, courts allow Punitive Damages, which are designed to punish the defendant for the wrongful conduct.

The punishment for criminal assault is a fine, imprisonment, or both. Penalties are more severe when the assault is aggravated. Many states have statutes dividing criminal assault into various degrees. As in aggravated assault, the severity of the crime, the extent of violence and harm, and the criminal intent of the defendant are all factors considered in determining the sentence imposed.

[COLOR="Red
assault 1) v. the threat or attempt to strike another, whether successful or not, provided the target is aware of the danger.[/COLOR] The assaulter must be reasonably capable of carrying through the attack. In some states if the assault is with a deadly weapon (such as sniping with a rifle), the intended victim does not need to know of the peril. Other state laws distinguish between different degrees (first or second) of assault depending on whether there is actual hitting, injury or just a threat. "Aggravated assault" is an attack connected with the commission of another crime, such as beating a clerk during a robbery. 2) n. the act of committing an assault, as in "there was an assault down on Third Avenue." Assault is both a criminal wrong, for which one may be charged and tried, and civil wrong for which the target may sue for damages due to the assault, including for mental distress.

ASSAULT, crim. law. An assault is any unlawful attempt or offer with force or violence to do a corporal hurt to another, whether from malice or wantonness; for example, by striking at him or even holding up the fist at him in a threatening or insulting manner, or with other circumstances as denote at the time. an intention, coupled with a present ability, of actual violence against his person, as by pointing a weapon at him when he is within reach of it. 6 Rogers Rec: 9. When the injury is actually inflicted, it amounts to a battery. (q.v.)
Here is the whole quoted article. Please point out where assault is anything more than a threat of violence.

Still from your same link you posted here is the battery definition..........

Battery
At common law, an intentional unpermitted act causing harmful or offensive contact with the "person" of another.

Battery is concerned with the right to have one's body left alone by others.

Battery is both a tort and a crime. Its essential element, harmful or offensive contact, is the same in both areas of the law. The main distinction between the two categories lies in the penalty imposed. A defendant sued for a tort is civilly liable to the plaintiff for damages. The punishment for criminal battery is a fine, imprisonment, or both. Usually battery is prosecuted as a crime only in cases involving serious harm to the victim.

Elements

The following elements must be proven to establish a case for battery: (1) an act by a defendant; (2) an intent to cause harmful or offensive contact on the part of the defendant; and (3) harmful or offensive contact to the plaintiff.

The Act The act must result in one of two forms of contact. Causing any physical harm or injury to the victim—such as a cut, a burn, or a bullet wound—could constitute battery, but actual injury is not required. Even though there is no apparent bruise following harmful contact, the defendant can still be guilty of battery; occurrence of a physical illness subsequent to the contact may also be actionable. The second type of contact that may constitute battery causes no actual physical harm but is, instead, offensive or insulting to the victim. Examples include spitting in someone's face or offensively touching someone against his or her will.

Touching the person of someone is defined as including not only contacts with the body, but also with anything closely connected with the body, such as clothing or an item carried in the person's hand. For example, a battery may be committed by intentionally knocking a hat off someone's head or knocking a glass out of some-one's hand.

Intent Although the contact must be intended, there is no requirement that the defendant intend to harm or injure the victim. In Tort Law, the intent must be either specific intent—the contact was specifically intended—or general intent—the defendant was substantially certain that the act would cause the contact. The intent element is satisfied in Criminal Law when the act is done with an intent to injure or with criminal negligence—failure to use care to avoid criminal consequences. The intent for criminal law is also present when the defendant's conduct is unlawful even though it does not amount to criminal negligence.

Intent is not negated if the aim of the contact was a joke. As with all torts, however, consent is a defense. Under certain circumstances consent to a battery is assumed. A person who walks in a crowded area impliedly consents to a degree of contact that is inevitable and reasonable. Consent may also be assumed if the parties had a prior relationship unless the victim gave the defendant a previous warning.

There is no requirement that the plaintiff be aware of a battery at the time it is committed. The gist of the action is the lack of consent to contact. It is no defense that the victim was sleeping or unconscious at the time.

Harmful or Offensive Conduct It is not necessary for the defendant's wrongful act to result in direct contact with the victim. It is sufficient if the act sets in motion a force that results in the contact. A defendant who whipped a horse on which a plaintiff was riding, causing the plaintiff to fall and be injured, was found guilty of battery. Provided all other elements of the offense are present, the offense may also be committed by causing the victim to harm himself. A defendant who fails to act when he or she has a duty to do so is guilty—as where a nurse fails to warn a blind patient that he is headed toward an open window, causing him to fall and injure himself.

battery n. the actual intentional striking of someone, with intent to harm, or in a "rude and insolent manner" even if the injury is slight. Negligent or careless unintentional contact is not battery no matter how great the harm.
Now notice the bolded in red sections. Do you see something that all correlates with each other...... Contact, Striking, Touching, etc.

Now it cant be anymore simpler. One is threat, one is contact.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:39 PM
Teching In

http://injury.findlaw.com/torts-and-...ry-basics.html

In both criminal and civil law, "battery" is the intentional touching of, or application of force to, the body of another person in a harmful or offensive manner (and without consent). A battery is often confused with an assault, which is merely the act of threatening a battery, or of placing another in fear or apprehension of an impending and immediate battery. A battery is almost always preceded by an assault, which is why the terms are often used transitionally or combined, as in "assault and battery." An individual commits a battery if he acts intentionally either to cause a harmful or offensive contact or to cause imminent apprehension of such a contact and a harmful or offensive contact actually occurs. Offenders may face both civil liability and criminal charges for a single act. - See more at: http://injury.findlaw.com/torts-and-....mZNTQP9R.dpuf

Last edited by flash0080; 10-22-2014 at 09:47 PM.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Stock gears are 2.73s. The only non-stock parts are the Pro 5.0 shifter and Dynomax mufflers. Even stock sized 225 tires out back and Motorcraft air filter. No matter what I did, the 60 foot didn't change from 2.3s. Burnout, no burnout, 1500 launch, off idle launch, slip, dump, all in all I had a blast beating on my stocker from the 80s! Worst fuel injected 5.0 heads you can get, man do they run out of breath over like 4k! Not making excuses, just informing for those of you who aren't into foxes. It was a good time at the track. Third gen Camaro with at least exhaust there going 15.6-8s at 87mph, wanted to get a run with him just for the hell of it but never found him in the staging lanes.

15.1 @ 92
Attached Thumbnails Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)-image-2551285321.jpg  
Old 10-22-2014, 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

See, it could have gone 14.70 if Snake wasn't a non driving ****.

Old 10-22-2014, 10:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

92 Mph isn't bad TBH.. Good stuff snake. When do you plan on modding it?
Old 10-22-2014, 11:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Bolt on Coyote in the right lane.

Nice runs Snake!
Old 10-22-2014, 11:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Bolt on Coyote in the right lane.

Nice runs Snake!
Old 10-22-2014, 11:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by "MAC"
Lol whats hilarious is with this statement you think you are stronger and tougher than any women in the world. Yet the truth is there is plenty of women out there that would and can put you in the hospital. Why bc they are stronger than you and hit harder than you. That being said women fought for equal rights and pay. Granted they don't wanna do the work but hey if they want to be treated equally then ill oblige!
Old 10-22-2014, 11:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by big hammer
92 Mph isn't bad TBH.. Good stuff snake. When do you plan on modding it?
Over the winter once it's too cold and roads are too salty to drive it...

Thanks guys. Stock tires are horrid!!!! ZNix - LOL'd at 5.0 comment! It was an 87-93 GT.

My last race (15.14 @ 92) was vs a 99-04 GT. I got him out of the hole, expected him to come past me on the big end but it was just too little too late.

It was funny having to use my tach as a pulse for my car at all times. In the staging lanes, couldn't hear my car running, racing 9 second race cars, couldn't hear it running. It's retarded quiet.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:32 PM
***Repost Police***

Good run Sean, better than I expected. Car must really be in great shape.
Originally Posted by Blown383LS1
Did he really type that, and then erase it?
Old 10-22-2014, 11:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Good run Sean, better than I expected. Car must really be in great shape. Did he really type that, and then erase it?
Thanks, Greg. The previous owner meticulously maintained it, and I'm glad for that.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:44 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by snake95
Thanks, Greg. The previous owner meticulously maintained it, and I'm glad for that.
Would have been a good run for my stock Integra. (but I still probably would have won)

Old 10-23-2014, 07:50 AM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Guitar

You try and pull gears from the back seat like hightower has to.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:15 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by islander033
You try and pull gears from the back seat like hightower has to.
lol!!
Old 10-23-2014, 08:17 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by snake95
Over the winter once it's too cold and roads are too salty to drive it...

Thanks guys. Stock tires are horrid!!!! ZNix - LOL'd at 5.0 comment! It was an 87-93 GT.

My last race (15.14 @ 92) was vs a 99-04 GT. I got him out of the hole, expected him to come past me on the big end but it was just too little too late.

It was funny having to use my tach as a pulse for my car at all times. In the staging lanes, couldn't hear my car running, racing 9 second race cars, couldn't hear it running. It's retarded quiet.
lol good stuff.

there would be a 14.7 in that car with just a tire swap!
Old 10-23-2014, 08:39 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Chris.O
On a brighter note i saw my buddies gf's **** today so now i have ammo to **** him off with for the next few weeks.
Pics or GTFO.

Nice run Snake! I wouldn't mind having a fox body, especially if I found one as immaculate as yours. Happy modding!

And lmao@ mack. He's cracking me up lately.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 98CayenneT/A

Lol I guess she should of listened the first time!
This stay in the kitchen!
Old 10-23-2014, 09:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Guitar

Like you?

Quick Reply: Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)