Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Real SS vs FAKE GT350

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 12:05 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Real SS vs FAKE GT350

I was pulling into a gas station to pick up a jug of water after a long road trip. As soon as I turn the corner I see a Black Mustang GT....350? And not a newer one either id say mid 90s one with the ugly body style. Anyways. He had stripes going in every direction on this car and I had to kind of think here....this cant be real and if it is what the hell is it doing at a Valero. I started kinda checking it out after parking next to it and seeing 'SuperCharged' written on the hood scoop (kinda looked like a mach1 hood deal) Then I see Shelby GT350 written on the bottom of the doors. So the guy comes out and we get to talking and I finally pop the question What's it got in it and is it really supercharged? He gives me the answer I was dying for. "Wanna find out?" I kinda chuckled a little bit thinking if this is a stock or even slightly modded 4.6 It's getting spanked tonight. So we get in our cars and head down the highway. I can hear this supercharged whining as we sit next to each other doing 55. He gives the 3 honks and I DROP the ls1-hammer on this mustang and he pulls away at first getting his back tires even with my fronts it appeared. As i grab 3rd I start reeling him in by 4th gear He's at my door side and we shut it down.

We only ran that one time and he never told me exactly what he had done to it. But Id say we were dead even. My first actual race finally in my new Camaro. I wish I had a video but no passenger to take it Good race whoever you are.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

There's a cammed procharged 2v local to me that makes 331rwhp.

That isn't a joke. Poor mustang.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:04 PM
Staging Lane

Not bad for your first race.Not trying to talk trash because I know numerous people with fast mustang's ,all motor,supercharged and everything between but it seems like more than 1/2 the ones I encounter are slow as a snail and the other 1/2 will surprise you.Supercharge anything lsx and you got a beast.At least from what I have seen!
Old 07-29-2011, 01:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It must have had something done to be that close... Maybe it was an older Cobra with the fake supercharger whine?
Old 07-29-2011, 01:36 PM
Teching In

my wifes car sound like it has a supercharger when the A/C is on. A lot of ppl ask her about it.............LOL
Old 07-29-2011, 02:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What mods in the real SS?
Old 07-31-2011, 01:32 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BayArea ws6
Not bad for your first race.Not trying to talk trash because I know numerous people with fast mustang's ,all motor,supercharged and everything between but it seems like more than 1/2 the ones I encounter are slow as a snail and the other 1/2 will surprise you.Supercharge anything lsx and you got a beast.At least from what I have seen!
Nah wasn't my first race.... there is a large kill list but this was the first worth posting... Ive beat everything from a turbo'd... B16? (idk i dont speak rice.. something on those lines) in a integra to a 2010 Challenger RT with a awkward looking aftermarket hood scoop that didnt even work. Definetly giving props to this mustang owner. real 350 or not it looked pretty good especially for the ugly 90s body style mustangs. And definetly a good bonus on the pulling power. I was expecting to get my *** handed to me.

Originally Posted by wicked383lt1
What mods in the real SS?
just old fashioned tuning and a driver mod. Nothing serious yet until next year. I pull 0-60 in under 5.5 seconds according to my app on my droid x2. Cooper Zeon 275/40z/r17 tires with only 3k mileage on them helps of course.

Sorry for the late replies guys I have a hard time logging on here as often as id like. They've been working me to death where I work at.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by BayArea ws6
I don't know just watched a 2010 SS with a maggie 2300 on it run constant 12.7-13.0 at the track. The new Camaro's seem to be more bark then bite.

OP nice kill. A 90's mustang with a blower could be making only 350whp.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
I don't know just watched a 2010 SS with a maggie 2300 on it run constant 12.7-13.0 at the track. The new Camaro's seem to be more bark then bite.

OP nice kill. A 90's mustang with a blower could be making only 350whp.
Obviously, somethings not right there. Is the supercharger set to suck instead of blow?
Old 07-31-2011, 02:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by DAVESS02
Obviously, somethings not right there. Is the supercharger set to suck instead of blow?
DOn't ask me...But that what he ran all night. They also had 3 cammed Fbodys one swore he should run mid 11s but ran 12.5's all night. Best one ran 12.2's. A C5Z ran right with me 11.8's all night. He had bolt ons and a baby cam he said. He finally hit a 11.7@118 right before track closed.

We have a 660whp 2010 SS runs around but will never run. On the street or at the track. Has a maggie 2300, cammed and bolt ons, sounds great but he always has an excuse not to run it. His latest was he will run when he gets axles. Last time I guess he said waiting on teh cold air kit for his blower. Guy with the C5Z called him out hoping to get him to run. Told him we have to bolt on 5.0's running 11s and then a SC camaro running 12.8s. He still would not run. I even tried talking **** but he was still scared. Him and his short shorts and lingenfelter shirt.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:41 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by versz
Nah wasn't my first race.... there is a large kill list but this was the first worth posting... Ive beat everything from a turbo'd... B16? (idk i dont speak rice.. something on those lines) in a integra to a 2010 Challenger RT with a awkward looking aftermarket hood scoop that didnt even work. Definetly giving props to this mustang owner. real 350 or not it looked pretty good especially for the ugly 90s body style mustangs. And definetly a good bonus on the pulling power. I was expecting to get my *** handed to me.
lol a real '90s shelby GT350? you realize they were only produced from '65-'70?(not including the new 2011s)
and if he didn't pop his hood I wouldn't be surprised if that supercharger whine was really a timing gear set. I had a 5ohhhh try BS'n me like that till I put the stomp on and got him to fess up... then again it was a 302 so it could of very well been an under performing super charged turd you raced
either way good kill

Originally Posted by DAVESS02
sig worthy right ther!
Old 07-31-2011, 08:58 PM
Launching!

[QUOTE=z_speedfreak;15216019]lol a real '90s shelby GT350? you realize they were only produced from '65-'70?(not including the new 2011s)/QUOTE]

Sorry I worded that wrong I checked wikipedia before I even made this post. But I highly doubt id ever see a 65-70 350 around where I live... If so its probably bubble wrapped with a climate control system running it's life. Id rather keep on going thinking I tied with a supercharged 4.6 rather than a NA 4.6 with bad timing gears.... I think that would make someone sell their Camaro if it was as fast as a 90s 4.6 o.0 wouldnt you?
Old 08-05-2011, 07:23 PM
Staging Lane

ohioborn80,you prove a good point with the maggie'd Camaro not doing so great but you could also consider driver error.Definitely some fast procharged new Camaro's out there,maybe I should have said Procharge anything lsx and drive it right and you got a beast!,and yes I know there is a ton of crazy fast procharged Fords too so don't get all crazy with the fan boy stuff!
Old 08-05-2011, 08:50 PM
Teching In

A 1984 GT350 was also made. http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...-registry.htmlIf it wasn't that, then it was just some guy putting stripes on his mustang. I have a feeling from the description that it was just stripes though.

Quick Reply: Real SS vs FAKE GT350