Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Second Degree Murder of an NSX

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 07:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Second Degree Murder of an NSX

On the way home from my first day at the GM dealer I saw a red Honda NSX...

I was granny shifting and cruising onto the highway as I always do, when a NSX that was in the fast lane passed me. I shifted out of 6th down to 5th and caught up and pulled in behind him... we were doing about 130kmh crusing with traffic... there was a break in traffic ahead in the middle and slow lane, and as soon as he got by the van in the middle lane, he signaled and pulled out into the lane and got on it. Now, I saw him accelerating toward the gap, so I had shifted to 5th, and when I saw him get on it, and heard that gay little honda screaming, I shifted to 4th, and got on it, and I cant even explain... like he was 6 or 7 cars ahead by the time I got by the van, so he was already on it, so I went all the way to the slow lane, no cars for probably half a km, and got on it. I caught him at about 180kmh, and let off at about 230kmh with probably another 7 or 8 car lengths if not more...

any ways, the whole time I was with driving next to the guy, he wouldnt look at me... he looked like a hippy version of bill nye the science guy, and probably thought his car was a ****** space ship...

I knew right after that, Id be on here later tonight writing this story for you guys, sorry i have no video, was by myself.

oh well another honda bites the dust whats new...
Old 09-28-2011, 08:11 PM
Launching!

Nsx aint just no honda lol..... Its a 90k mid engined marvel of technolgy desighned in the 80s and debuteing in 91 as the worlds first aluminum sports car. Eating ferraris and lambos it was quickly reguarded as a legend before its time.

Ofcourse it only jumped from 270hp to 290hp from 92-04 and the result is the slow joke that you raped today
Old 09-28-2011, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

its still a honda just like the zr1 is still a chevy
Old 09-28-2011, 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

NSX's are awesome cars!
Nice kill
Old 09-28-2011, 09:50 PM
Launching!

Sure... And the lfa is just a lexus.

He beat the car. But a nsx is far and away from just a civic or any other honda/acura. I like manyof us have zero respect for civics ect and with the exception of lightning teg couldnt give a **** about any of them even in the rare case they are fast.

On the otherhand if im rolling down the street and see a nsx im like damn thats a f#@king nsx.

Goodkill... I beat a supercharged one 6 montns ago. Funny thing is the owners never seem to grasp how slow they are?

I had a supercharged one for a few years and it was about as fast as a bolt on 02 camaro
Old 09-28-2011, 09:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

NSX is a failure of an Exotic. When I see a NSX on the road I'm like damn that f#@ker wasted money. Kinda like a Prowler
Old 09-28-2011, 10:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Nice kill.

Before ragging on the NSX for how slow they are to today's standards, how did they compare to lets say a Camaro back in the early '90s? Besides the outrageous price tag.
Yes I agree they were too damn expensive and not worth the $$$ IMO.

Regardless, the NSX is one sweet ride.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I will still remember this to this day, i was driving on the freeway going home and this NSX black tried to race my 93 LT1 Full bolt on's. Easily pulled him and then a few months later i see that same guy in a blue Z28 camaro with a body kit on it, lol. This was several years ago but i remember like it happened yesterday.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:16 PM
TECH Regular

they can be fast with a turbo, seen videos on youtube ones at 600+ they beat cars with 750+ because of weight dif, what do they weigh? like 2100 pounds? Wait for the new 1 it supposed to be a v-10 with ivtec and weigh 200 pounds less... LFA and GTR killer?
Old 09-29-2011, 12:42 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good kill. It's a supercar for the japanese market loving honda/toyota/maxda guys that got more money then your typical honda/toyota/maxda owners. Nice car with great handling and everyday driveability but severely dated when Acura decided to never really invest money into updating it. Too bad really, because if they had kept updating it the NSX would have been a truly iconic badass car by now.

And if the NSX had been kept current, the damned corvette interior would have had to be updated and not so cheap looking I bet!!!
Old 09-29-2011, 04:18 AM
Launching!

Heres mine....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUvtDuyfm7g Enjoyed the viper and nsx in the driveway for 18 months. It was pretty kool to be able to pick your mood...had dds that i drove to work ect but on the weekends did i want tbe chainsaw of the viper or the 8000 rpm and smoothness of the 330 rwhp 2900 pound supercharged nsx on an adjustable tein suspension. It was awesome but came to an end when my daughter got her first car. One had to go and it was an easy choice.

As to tbe nsx trust me it is an exotic car. Park a vette next to it and prepare to be embarrassed no matter how much power the vette has. Even my viper was no match for the nsx as people constantly asked more questions about it than my viper and said they liked it better. Do a lil research on the nsx and youll see why. It was a very very special car that stood the test of time in every way minus hp
Old 09-29-2011, 05:02 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think there cool cars,but there is no way i would be embarrased pulling next to one in a c5 or c6z, just not going to happen, i do think the nsx is sweet though, and killemall it was nice of you to tade in a ride to get your lil girl a car, good job dad, i agree though i wish they would have kept up with it over the years ,i would see it beeing a nasty car, it allready had a killer look just needed more in performance, op good kill
Old 09-29-2011, 08:37 AM
On The Tree

I wasn't saying it's not a cool car I guse when you see two of them every day they loose some of their raity status(thier is guy here on base that has one) as far as not fast might be true in a straight line but they are fast going down a twist road or at auto-x but at the end of the day it's still a Honda and yes lsf is just a toyota( toyota is my favorite car company) not trying to be rude just the way I see it
Old 09-29-2011, 08:38 AM
On The Tree

Thougt I said it In the first post good kill man
Old 09-29-2011, 09:10 AM
Launching!

just ive seen it first hand....i had a white 2004 vette with z06 rims and black racing stripes and mild heads and cam package. my buddy had a white 2004 nsx all stock at its 290hp.

we had em parked side by side and lots of people were intriged by the nsx and no one gave a **** about my vette....same year same coler....finally after one guy asked like 10 questions about the nsx he took a second to say nice vette....

believe it or not we raced the stock nsx against my 380 rwhp vette and it was damn close.vette ahead by a length or so at 120 mph....bought a stock 99 viper a month later and got him by 3 lengths...the 02 and up nsx's are way underated.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
Nice kill.

Before ragging on the NSX for how slow they are to today's standards, how did they compare to lets say a Camaro back in the early '90s? Besides the outrageous price tag.

wouldnt a 1989 turbo trans am beat it 1/4? they could run low 13's stock. cornering it would eat the firebird alive but the price difference... those cars cost WAY more than what there performance provided
Old 09-29-2011, 10:17 AM
Launching!

NSX=SEXY. Maybe not retarded fast, but still very cool. Although, it is still a Honda. Haha. But that's ok. Haha.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
Nice kill.

According to 0to60times.com

1993 camaro z28 0-60 5.5 1/4 mile 13.8

1993 nsx 0-60 5.5 1/4 mile 13.7

Id say they compare pretty well. Sweet looking cars but sorry to say they always kinda sucked.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Teching In

Maybe it's still early but I thought for sure that I'd see something about Killemall's daughter by now.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mach Boy
Maybe it's still early but I thought for sure that I'd see something about Killemall's daughter by now.
Cant do that to another man dude.

Quick Reply: Second Degree Murder of an NSX