Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Finally got a run with a new 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 11:35 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Finally got a run with a new 5.0

No video but since every one of my threads has had a video I think my record is ok lol.

Decided to take out the teg for the last time before I start putting some new parts on it. Was on 26 on my way back to town from helping my buddy move and I see mustang tail lights about 100 yards down the road get squirly when pulling out from a stop sign so I think to myself this guy will screw around lol.

I proceed to catch up and then do a small pull to pass him and let him know whats up. When I pass him I notice its a 2011 5.0 with strips, wing, big brakes, nice looking car. Its a single lane road so its not like anything can happen there so he doesnt really respond right away. About 10 miles down the road we slow down to a 40 zone and he gets right on my ***. I put it 4th (going 60) to be prepared when we get to a passing zone but theres to much traffic for him to pass.

Eventually we get back into town and it splits into 2 lanes. We get to a light and im in the left lane, hes behind me and a truck in the right lane. Light goes green and I casually accelerate through 1st, and about half way through second I give some goose and hit the limiter instantly. Hes right on my ***. Shift to 3rd and hes moved into the right lane after we get in front of the truck so I knows hes in it. I put the boost controller into go mode (20psi, 430whp) prior so I start pulling away, shift slowly into 4th and get about 2 cars out and we hit traffic. He gets next to me I roll down the window and give him a thumbs up and he revs back.

My buddy was in a Uhaul truck behind us enjoying the show and said he heard a whine from the mustang but Im skeptical because it sounded stock when he revved. He kept up pretty good for what its worth but I want a "real" race sometime.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Good win. Should have raced him again though!
Old 01-29-2012, 12:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sweet99ss
Good win. Should have raced him again though!
To much Traffic
Old 01-29-2012, 12:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Nice run
Old 01-29-2012, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Good job!