Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

06 GTO vs. cammed ls camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 07:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

none of the goats i've raced were impressive. same to be said for the 5th gen cars, but i have yet to run a stick car. and sweetc5, before you say a ******* word, my lid/muffler 4th gen car basically duplicated your best 1/8 mile pass. i think your header/whatever else modded car would be a good run for my 100k mile whisper lid/weld in flowmaster muffler car. at this point, you might actually have a slight advantage as i am starting to notice the stock clutch hydraulics not happy with any kind of attempt at fast shifting. but what do you expect from 13 year old **** in a car that has 100k miles on it.

i haven't had any good races with ls2 cars. they were very lopsided in my favor, as they were stock or very close to it. i raced a megadeth cammed m6 car, but obviously that wasn't going to be good for me. however; 20-120 he COULD NOT pull more than 1/2 a car on me. he had 2 passengers, i had 1. he accused me of sandbagging because there was just no ******* way an ls1 with stock manifolds and ls1 intake could hang with his donkey dick cammed mighty ls2. driving goes a long way, but a car making 100+ whp shouldn't be within a football field of me, especially from a roll.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:39 PM
Staging Lane

s346k: I've met guys like you before. In your own way, you are worse then the guys with the 400hp GTO's and new camaro's. The chip on your shoulder is so huge it blocks out the sunlight.

As far as the rest of what has been said, I forgot to add this: The LS2 engine makes around 385 crank horsepower and not 400 as claimed. The LS1 in the fbodies on the other hand, make right around 350 crank horsepower. same as the LS1 GTO's btw. That explains ALOT. It also explains why the exact same LS2 in Australia is listed at 385hp while in America they listed it at 400/400. Then with the higher weight of the GTO, it explains why they run "less" then what they should based upon the record that the LS1 platforms did. If the GTO's were actually 400hp, they were have had them in the 12's on a consistent basis bone stock.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s346k
none of the goats i've raced were impressive. same to be said for the 5th gen cars, but i have yet to run a stick car. and sweetc5, before you say a ******* word, my lid/muffler 4th gen car basically duplicated your best 1/8 mile pass. i think your header/whatever else modded car would be a good run for my 100k mile whisper lid/weld in flowmaster muffler car. at this point, you might actually have a slight advantage as i am starting to notice the stock clutch hydraulics not happy with any kind of attempt at fast shifting. but what do you expect from 13 year old **** in a car that has 100k miles on it.

i haven't had any good races with ls2 cars. they were very lopsided in my favor, as they were stock or very close to it. i raced a megadeth cammed m6 car, but obviously that wasn't going to be good for me. however; 20-120 he COULD NOT pull more than 1/2 a car on me. he had 2 passengers, i had 1. he accused me of sandbagging because there was just no ******* way an ls1 with stock manifolds and ls1 intake could hang with his donkey dick cammed mighty ls2. driving goes a long way, but a car making 100+ whp shouldn't be within a football field of me, especially from a roll.
haha are you serious? when i was 422rwhp and that was cam only. i raced a full exhaust lid 2001 camaro from a 10mph-75mph and i put aleast a bus on it...you are so full of it.lol
Old 12-12-2011, 08:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bh353
haha are you serious? when i was 422rwhp and that was cam only. i raced a full exhaust lid 2001 camaro from a 10mph-75mph and i put aleast a bus on it...you are so full of it.lol
Or he can look at my video

T/a mods full boltons cam and a stall
My mods lts and a tune.

S346k, I would gladly show you that my GTO would walk your ws6
Old 12-13-2011, 07:57 AM
TECH Regular

What a joke dude... your 1/8th mile should be as good, 4th gens 60ft and launch better! Its not the 1/8... its after the 1/8th your getting walked, from a roll I will put a bus on you! Anther guy with a few little parts and think hes fast, you must have the fastest stock 4th gen known to man then if your keeping up with all theses modded cars. I am pretty shure my buddy's ls2 gto would lay the smack down on you as well.

Last edited by sweetC5; 12-13-2011 at 08:33 AM.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've beaten ls2 GTO's from a dig and low roll(when stock)... And let's not talk about the ls1 GTO
Old 12-13-2011, 11:19 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by sweetC5
What a joke dude... your 1/8th mile should be as good, 4th gens 60ft and launch better! Its not the 1/8... its after the 1/8th your getting walked, from a roll I will put a bus on you! Anther guy with a few little parts and think hes fast, you must have the fastest stock 4th gen known to man then if your keeping up with all theses modded cars. I am pretty shure my buddy's ls2 gto would lay the smack down on you as well.
I think I am fast?
Old 12-13-2011, 11:35 AM
TECH Regular

Not talking about you man, been sticking up for you! I know what those GTOs can do, I have seen plenty lay the smack down on allot of junk on the street. My friends ls2 gto runs pretty freaking strong! I seen a M6 06 destroy a stock ws6 2 times... the m6 ws6 had a lid and catback, the gto had headers and stock intake and stock tune. He put a car right at the jump and it was over from there. All these cars are pretty damn fast, and anyone one of them could win! But in reality the 6.0 gto has the edge on a f body stock for stock. Guys like s346k beats one gto and thinks he can take them all! I have respect for all these cars though, any one of these car with a few parts gets fun. I think allot of these wins are on the drivers too though, slower cars beat faster cars all the time!
Old 12-13-2011, 01:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

IMO and the things that I've experienced the LS2 and f-bod are a drivers race stock for stock and mod for mod. This is from a roll, from a dig the f-bod has the advantage the SRA and having a wider tire helps alot. All of what I said applies to equal driver and same trans types ONLY.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

The f body car could have had a really shitty set up or cammed and not tuned. Just because it was loping doesn't mean it runs 11's. I had a 408 SS that I had a relatively safe mail order tune done so I could drive it to be dyno tuned and was messing around with my friend who only had a lid and 4.10s and he yanked me on the highway. Got back from the tune and pulled 3 cars in second alone and he let out.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
s346k: I've met guys like you before. In your own way, you are worse then the guys with the 400hp GTO's and new camaro's. The chip on your shoulder is so huge it blocks out the sunlight.

As far as the rest of what has been said, I forgot to add this: The LS2 engine makes around 385 crank horsepower and not 400 as claimed. The LS1 in the fbodies on the other hand, make right around 350 crank horsepower. same as the LS1 GTO's btw. That explains ALOT. It also explains why the exact same LS2 in Australia is listed at 385hp while in America they listed it at 400/400. Then with the higher weight of the GTO, it explains why they run "less" then what they should based upon the record that the LS1 platforms did. If the GTO's were actually 400hp, they were have had them in the 12's on a consistent basis bone stock.
completely agree. From what ive seen LS2 GTO = LS1 F-Body.pretty much sums it up.

If anything though i would give the LS2 GTO a .1 and 1MPH advantage but that is hardly quanitifiable, but it IS a lil something.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:47 PM
TECH Junkie

What a joke dude... your 1/8th mile should be as good, 4th gens 60ft and launch better! Its not the 1/8... its after the 1/8th your getting walked, from a roll I will put a bus on you!
you think so? i don't *think anything. the car ran what it did, on a track, i don't know how many times with how many witnesses. stock ls1s are not fast. your 1/4 trap is roughly .5 mph higher than what mine was, on slower 1/8 passes. yeah, you'd pull a bus on me after 90 mph. and yeah, that 1.96 60' was smokin hot, must be that strong solid axle and sweet all season tire i've got. you live circa chitown, correct? i'm only a hop, skip, and jump away, i'm down in indy. i drive the car to work and home 4 days a week, it's not hard to spot. i'll even leave the 125lb of sand in the hatch just for you, unless that's too much of an advantage from a dig, seeing that i've got the superior car for launching.

this should've been the outcome. i'm not saying all bolt on ls1s will beat cammed ls2s. because we all know they won't. finding a car properly tuned and driven goes a LONG way. if your 422+ whp car couldn't beat my lid/muffler car i really hope you'd reconsider your hobby.

Originally Posted by thegto
Or he can look at my video

T/a mods full boltons cam and a stall
My mods lts and a tune.

S346k, I would gladly show you that my GTO would walk your ws6
one thing i am aware of is that different cars run differently. some better than others. a good tune goes a long way. we both know that a properly set up and tuned cammed a4 car would jump out on a low roll and creep away from your bolt-on car from a roll. kudos if your gto beat it. so what? it is what it is. between us - i'll give you victory before we even race. i don't care. i have nothing to prove. i am simply stating my experiences. any racing i do is for fun, i don't give a **** who wins or loses. if that was the case, i would've done more to this car, or went the other way and really tried to see what it is capable of in negative da with the stock airbox and muffler back on it. hell, it trapped 109 with just muffler on it - @ 2500' da. it's a lot stronger than it should be, but not the be all end all by any means. i am simply saying that it is possible for your 5th gens and ls2 gtos to LOSE to a mild bolt-on ls1 m6 car. you guys make it out like it is impossible.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mannyman84
I've beaten ls2 GTO's from a dig and low roll(when stock)... And let's not talk about the ls1 GTO
Ive had the opportunity to run one ls1 fbod ws6 around my area supposedly stock a4 about 6 times back to back and put about 2 buses on him everytime with the mods in my sig...Not every ls1 runs the same apparently but I will admitt my GTO pulls ***** to the wall compared to some of these vids Ive watched of other GTO's...
Old 12-13-2011, 06:16 PM
12 Second Club

you think so? i don't *think anything. the car ran what it did, on a track, i don't know how many times with how many witnesses. stock ls1s are not fast. your 1/4 trap is roughly .5 mph higher than what mine was, on slower 1/8 passes. yeah, you'd pull a bus on me after 90 mph. and yeah, that 1.96 60' was smokin hot, must be that strong solid axle and sweet all season tire i've got. you live circa chitown, correct? i'm only a hop, skip, and jump away, i'm down in indy. i drive the car to work and home 4 days a week, it's not hard to spot. i'll even leave the 125lb of sand in the hatch just for you, unless that's too much of an advantage from a dig, seeing that i've got the superior car for launching.

this should've been the outcome. i'm not saying all bolt on ls1s will beat cammed ls2s. because we all know they won't. finding a car properly tuned and driven goes a LONG way. if your 422+ whp car couldn't beat my lid/muffler car i really hope you'd reconsider your hobby.

one thing i am aware of is that different cars run differently. some better than others. a good tune goes a long way. we both know that a properly set up and tuned cammed a4 car would jump out on a low roll and creep away from your bolt-on car from a roll. kudos if your gto beat it. so what? it is what it is. between us - i'll give you victory before we even race. i don't care. i have nothing to prove. i am simply stating my experiences. any racing i do is for fun, i don't give a **** who wins or loses. if that was the case, i would've done more to this car, or went the other way and really tried to see what it is capable of in negative da with the stock airbox and muffler back on it. hell, it trapped 109 with just muffler on it - @ 2500' da. it's a lot stronger than it should be, but not the be all end all by any means. i am simply saying that it is possible for your 5th gens and ls2 gtos to LOSE to a mild bolt-on ls1 m6 car. you guys make it out like it is impossible.

I am also thegto, but my car would not lose to a mild bolt-on f-body. If I was bone stock, then maybe.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:19 PM
Staging Lane

Im not doubting that you beat a stock LS2 gto,But beating a megadeath cammed LS2 im not buying it...Either he didn't know how to drive or he didn't have a cam.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:02 PM
TECH Regular

So you trap 109, and mine traps 112 to 113 in the same summer heat, I also have all seasons! Sounds like you loose, ya we go from a slow roll your getting spanked! Any time your around chicago when the weather breaks, let me know! I would be glad to show you!
Old 12-14-2011, 08:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Im not doubting that you beat a stock LS2 gto,But beating a megadeath cammed LS2 im not buying it...Either he didn't know how to drive or he didn't have a cam.
the car was cammed, there are no 2 ways about it. the car went 114 on what i call a bad tune, as it should trap much more. i think the added weight combined with the fact he can't drive put me where it did on the street. it's not rocket science. he won more than he lost, but it was close every time.

So you trap 109, and mine traps 112 to 113 in the same summer heat, I also have all seasons! Sounds like you loose, ya we go from a slow roll your getting spanked! Any time your around chicago when the weather breaks, let me know! I would be glad to show you!
you don't comprehend well, do you? the car went 109 (85ish) in the 1/8 at that point) the 1st time at the track, with only the fm 80 series weld in. i then added a lid, the car picked up ~1.5 mph. the car picked up another consistent 1+ mph after i learned how to drive it. at that point the car was trapping 111+. i only got one decent launch, at an 1/8 track, and generated said results.

since then i've tuned the car on the street, adding 4* and in some places as much as 6* timing to the curve. leaned the afr a bit from 12.6 to 12.8. the car is noticeably stronger. you would not pull more than 1 car from a slow roll to mach *****. i don't think you'd pull at all, but who's to say.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:23 AM
TECH Regular

Your down in Indy right... first you were just a lid and a muffler and now your tuned... You havent mentioned ANYTHING about you tuning your car. That makes BIG diff you think! SO since your down by Indy you ever go to the SCC events at 41? I go... so any time your down we can meet there. For a lid, muffler and a tune I would say your car runs good, but I most likely will have a cam in Mach and a dyno tune shortly after so realy what would be the point then.

Last time I went, I raced a ws6 with full boltons, he took me out of the hole by a car and I spun, I pulled him just after the 1/8th then put a car on him by the stripe... I have no idea what he ran cuz they dont show you on the street nights. Thats been pretty normal for the 4th gens I raced, also raced a full bolton SS that night with nittos, he took me hard out of the hole... by mid track I was running him down hard but still beat me by a half car! I think that was a 12.70 pass I made, he must of ran a 12.6 or so. Its all good, its all fun, bolton 4th gens I have raced have usally take me at the start and I run them down. Now add a stall and tires to those cars I raced I would get destroyed at the strip, I know that! But without the tires my car has the topend advatage.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

I still think a lid/catback ls1 fbody is stock ls2 goat territory. I also think a lid/catback ls1 fbody is also stock fifth gen territory as well. . After modding it seems that ls1s need to overcome the smaller displacement, and the ls2 goats and ls3/l99 Camaros need to overcome weight. Just my opinion from what I've seen. Either way, they are all decent and can be made fast as hell!
Old 12-14-2011, 09:57 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by oddwraith
I still think a lid/catback ls1 fbody is stock ls2 goat territory. I also think a lid/catback ls1 fbody is also stock fifth gen territory as well. . After modding it seems that ls1s need to overcome the smaller displacement, and the ls2 goats and ls3/l99 Camaros need to overcome weight. Just my opinion from what I've seen. Either way, they are all decent and can be made fast as hell!
Agreed.