Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Puppy kicked a 03-04 cobra

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Heater
Yeah you did, and I don't think that you realized it.

It was about something that went down earlier with the guy with the Cobra.
Know him well...I brought him over to HPJ after I found out he lived around the corner from me..
I met him on SVTPerformance. Still hang out with him at Cookout on Friday nights..
Everything is cool now after Dragging Rights.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I out ran pullied Cobra's before the weight reduction.

I ran a stock 5.0 back in the late spring /early summer(he picked me)....That was just a raping for him and that was w/o the fast90 and +120lb. The only way I see a bolt-on 5.0 being close is if he could do those 6000+ clutch dumps on the street like they do at the track.

Cobra's can always be iffy on what they got. A pullied car runs good but can be outran easy enough. A kb or whippled car can be a handfull and you would'nt know till it was to late. A bolt-on 5.0 is still gonna have to relie on the hole shot. I don't rely on the hole shot to run my numbers.
Yea you're right about the iffy part...a quick look at my car or at my signature and you might think I was mostly stock
Old 12-18-2011, 07:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
That was a terrible crappy run for me (with a almost 200lb extra in the car and a full tank of gas)

ps. He was by his self. My weight should've been a little over 3400 on this run. For you weight misers.
For a guy who always calls E85 gas or race gas a race car, you sure care about weight a lot. Race car?
Old 12-18-2011, 07:56 PM
Banned

Aren't you the one that everybody was laughing at for having all those mods and not running 10's?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUErh...eature=mh_lolz

that's me running a 11.1 with a 1.5 60ft @120

Times where'nt posted because the guy I'm racing did'nt want times shown since we was getting his suspension dialed in.

My car has mid tube headers with high flow cat's, stock unported 853 heads ( the worst of the LS1 heads). It has a very mild cam wich is'nt ideal for boost. I run ALL my passes with 100% full interior..A/C and everything else is still on it. I aslo make all my passes on stock rims, not prostars or comparable rims like most other 10 second cars. I aslo drive 2 hours to the track I race at. My car is my DD and I drive it like hell, and my kids rid in the back seats all the time. I'm satisfied with an 11.1 because I'm ONLY running 6lbs of boost *******. Your Termi came stock with like 9 lbs of boost and they only ran mid 12's at best with good drivers. so I think I'm doing ok. Have yet to have a Termi beat me..and GT500's are pretty slow too, I've puppy kicked so many of those **** tards it's not even funny. I got a set of longtubes and a ORY sitting in my spare bedroom just waiting to get put on. Those along with an 80 dollar pulley for 10 psi, and a 100 dollar retune will put me around 600 rwhp..seeing as how I run 11.1 with 520hp..I got an easy 10 second car for very lil money allready in my possesion...sooo..kiss it.

Hell man, WHY ARE'NT you running 8's??...you got a forged engine dude..lol..give me forged internals and see what I can do with them
Old 12-18-2011, 08:10 PM
Banned

BTW..that white Z28 I was racing was no stock LT1 camaro. It has a LS1 swap with H/C/I MWC 9in 3.90's stalled and built tranny..weight reduction and NO A/C , heater,ect. He also ran 11.1 (not on this pass, he said he wheel hopped so let out) he ended up cutting a better 60ft than I did that day with a 1.4 60ft. we both where trapping right at 120. It was a funny situation that day since we had some small smack talk going on back and forth .We get out there and we run the exact same times..funny **** if you ask me

Last edited by ilovechevy1; 12-18-2011 at 08:23 PM. Reason: I'm weetarded
Old 12-18-2011, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Nice kill Doug
A full weight 5.0 bolt on car will get killed by Hio-he runs low 11s and traps 126MPH easy. But anything can happen on the stret
Old 12-18-2011, 08:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ilovechevy1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUErh...eature=mh_lolz

that's me running a 11.1 with a 1.5 60ft @120

Times where'nt posted because the guy I'm racing did'nt want times shown since we was getting his suspension dialed in.

My car has mid tube headers with high flow cat's, stock unported 853 heads ( the worst of the LS1 heads). It has a very mild cam wich is'nt ideal for boost. I run ALL my passes with 100% full interior..A/C and everything else is still on it. I aslo make all my passes on stock rims, not prostars or comparable rims like most other 10 second cars. I aslo drive 2 hours to the track I race at. My car is my DD and I drive it like hell, and my kids rid in the back seats all the time. I'm satisfied with an 11.1 because I'm ONLY running 6lbs of boost *******. Your Termi came stock with like 9 lbs of boost and they only ran mid 12's at best with good drivers. so I think I'm doing ok. Have yet to have a Termi beat me..and GT500's are pretty slow too, I've puppy kicked so many of those **** tards it's not even funny. I got a set of longtubes and a ORY sitting in my spare bedroom just waiting to get put on. Those along with an 80 dollar pulley for 10 psi, and a 100 dollar retune will put me around 600 rwhp..seeing as how I run 11.1 with 520hp..I got an easy 10 second car for very lil money allready in my possesion...sooo..kiss it.

Hell man, WHY ARE'NT you running 8's??...you got a forged engine dude..lol..give me forged internals and see what I can do with them

You keep saying how you are on such low boost and bringing up how Termi's are having to use more boost...that's because they have a lot smaller engine, genius.
I saw your little video and if my car had half the mods your car does, it probably would run 8's. I mean what, there are so many mods to your car that you was having to read them off a sheet of paper.

Looks like I struck a nerve
Old 12-18-2011, 09:07 PM
Banned

You keep saying how you are on such low boost and bringing up how Termi's are having to use more boost...that's because they have a lot smaller engine, genius.
I saw your little video and if my car had half the mods your car does, it probably would run 8's. I mean what, there are so many mods to your car that you was having to read them off a sheet of paper.

4.6 L FORGED engine with DOHC that was built from the factory for boost vs a 5.7L nonforged engine that was never meant to even have boost on it..we could go back and forth on this all day. All I know is I see Termi Cobra's all the time with 16-18 lbs of boost making only 600 RWHP..sad..so sad. BTW most of my mods are replacing the factory parts that are weak.

yes, my car has alot of mods, and probally should be faster than it is..big deal that it's not. Still fast enough to make me beat every Termi I have ran into over the past 2 years of having this car, and I go to the track alot, and I go out of my way to race them when I see them on the road..It always ends bad for them..Their weight plays against them alot of times and alot of them are mearly dyno queens making big dyno numbers that dont do them any good at the track. They are really nice cars that look really good and I would'nt mind having one, but only because they are forged is why I like them really. I just think it's sad they require so much boost to make decent power..ehh it's whatever. I dont' think being down only 1.1 L is any excuse to run 18lbs of boost just to make 600 RWHP when my car with stock heads, stock intake and a mild cam will make 600 RWHP with only 10 psi...BTW..you seen my vids..where are yours?..I would like to see your car and your mods.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

Your screen name says it all; your going to make excuses to make your car look good and reasons why another (Terminator) looks bad.

Not going to waste my time arguing with you...would be like arguing with a rock.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:30 PM
Banned

BTW, I was arguing with a ricer earlier on youtube.He was bitching about the fact they use smaller engines and need 20+psi to keep up with our V8's..whose side are your on here?. the V8 guys's side ,or the Ricer kids side who bitches about smaller engine size? you got a forged engine, I got a bigger engine, ricers have 2000lb cars that are the size of go carts and sound waay worse than both of our cars sound with half their spark plug wires cut.

I did'nt **** with you from the get go . I was talking to the OP and sharing a small story about me beating Termi's all the time. I'm sorry you took offence but if it makes you feel any better here's a vid of me beating a bolton Termi back when my car had waaaaaaaaaaay less mods than it does now, hell this was almost 2 years ago when it was still silver, way before I even painted my car black , before the Moser 12 bolt, before the water meth, before the LS6 intake, annnnnnnnd!!!! my car was dyno tuned in FL and this was at the drag strip in EL Paso Tx when I was stationed at FT.Bliss..it's 4000 ft above sea level!!..my car was faaar from 100% here ( due to the FL tune) and I still beat the bolton Termi.. soo umm yeah
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbAtT...el_video_title
Old 12-18-2011, 09:35 PM
Banned

Your screen name says it all; your going to make excuses to make your car look good and reasons why another (Terminator) looks bad.

Not going to waste my time arguing with you...would be like arguing with a rock.
Not going to waste your time arguing with me???...FUNNY seeing as how you STARTED it.. I did'nt say **** to you ****, I was talking to the OP and just cause I said somthing about a Termi, you jumped all over me bitching about my car having lots of mods and being slow still. Hell, ACTULLY you jumped on the OP AS SOON as he posted this Thread, all because he said he beat a Termi. Of course insted of just saying nice kill, you had to make a smart *** comment to the OP then you got started on me when I was talking to the OP..Funny you wanna talking about wasting your own time. You're pretty ******* goood at it. If you dont' want to waste no more time then dont' reply..but I'm sure you will
Old 12-18-2011, 09:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Built/stalled auto, Procharged, cammed, meth/water injected, headers, TB, suspension, rear, *gasp for air* and you only busted off a 11.1@120mph
Old 12-18-2011, 09:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Built/stalled auto, Procharged, cammed, meth/water injected, headers, TB, suspension, rear, *gasp for air* and you only busted off a 11.1@120mph
oh great. now your here..guess I need to swap my pulley out and make more boost and run mid 10's then maybe you **** nuggets will leave me alone..I just think it's funny it's the Ford boy's jumping on me. I got I dono how many vids proving that low 11's is PLENTY enough to beat anything Ford is putting out from the factory..I'm doing OK for it to be my daily driver...I have'nt seen any 550 HP 50K$ GT500's run 11.1's lately unelss they have mods..Atually does'nt a 160+K $ Ford GT run low 11's?..yep..I'm sure it does
Old 12-18-2011, 09:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Heck yea man, your car > any stock Ford
Old 12-18-2011, 09:52 PM
Banned

I just wanted to say I went back and read your First comment you made to the OP and I maybe misunderstood what you where trying to imply. It almost looked like when you told him " now your finally a somebody" that you was trying to be a slick *******. I apologize for jumping to conclusions...your still an ******* tho for jumping on me and saying my car is slow for it's mods.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:53 PM
On The Tree

Old 12-18-2011, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why the hell were u at 6k in second waiting for him to slow down???????? ur just asking to break ****
Old 12-18-2011, 09:58 PM
Banned

Heck yea man, your car > any stock Ford
better? NO ..faster..YES.. unless you talking maybe the NOT street legal super Cobra jet

BTW you look real cute being on a GM oriented site yet you have "GM no thanks" under your UN..yeah that does'nt throw up a red flag from the get go.

and WTF is up with you guy's jumping on just to talk **** on other ppl's comment's. I got on this thread just to talk to the OP. Then here comes Heater bitching about whatever, and you was right behind his ***
Old 12-18-2011, 10:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
why the hell were u at 6k in second waiting for him to slow down???????? ur just asking to break ****
I thought we were gonna slow a bit and he just hit it. It's fine at 6k.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ilovechevy1
better? NO ..faster..YES.. unless you talking maybe the NOT street legal super Cobra jet

BTW you look real cute being on a GM oriented site yet you have "GM no thanks" under your UN..yeah that does'nt throw up a red flag from the get go.

and WTF is up with you guy's jumping on just to talk **** on other ppl's comment's. I got on this thread just to talk to the OP. Then here comes Heater bitching about whatever, and you was right behind his ***
I was just backing up Heater since I agreed with him. I didn't mean to step on your toes.

Quick Reply: Puppy kicked a 03-04 cobra