Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Outran a M-Series Wagon on the Autobahn w/ my Z28

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 10:33 AM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Default Outran a M-Series Wagon on the Autobahn w/ my Z28

I usually don't post in this section, nor do I normally race the "locals" here in Germany..... but the driver of the BMW I raced today totally deserved to get stomped by some modern American muscle. Sorry, no video, as this was not a "planned event".

I was heading down the A6 Autobahn doing about 95-100mph when I passed a very new looking BMW Station wagon with an "M" badge on the back. Not sure the model, but by the size it looked like a 5-series. (The German BMWs don't usually have the series number on the back like the US - spec'd cars do). Anyhow, the Beemer was doing around 80 when I passed him. I saw the driver swerve hard from the far right to the far left lane after I passed him and start to catch up. This peaked my interest.

Anyhow, I decided that I was NOT going to be outrun by a station wagon, so I eased on the gas myself. This BMW was suprisingly fast. He pulled alongside me, paused for a couple seconds, and then swerved hard into my lane. (We were doing about 130mph when he did this stupid...and dangerous maneuver). Needless to say, this irritated me. I dropped into 5th gear to pull away from him. I think he hit his top speed limiter right after that, as I continued to build some distance before letting off the gas. The driver of the BMW then started to tailgate me, honking his horn, flashing his lights, etc. He did this for about 2-miles before finally conceding that he lost and calmed down. He was a very sore loser.

Regardless of the fact he was a dangerous *****.... he still lost. Goes to show that despite their driver training, Germans can be as retarded as anyone else when they feel "dishonored"

Lesson learned, he should have bought American.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Schantin
Lesson learned, he should have bought American.
Good kill, but you should give some credit where it's due. You didn't win because you bought American, you won because you built American.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:51 PM
Teching In

I wish I could just cruise at 95-100mph and not worry about cops!

Nice setup too btw...I don't think any stock M would hang with that in a straight line
Old 12-23-2011, 04:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pretty sure they dont make an M wagon as I used to be a BMW tech, but it is over sea's so ??? but the 2005 -10 M5 made 505hp and ran 12's out of the box so im not suprised that it hung around.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:08 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by watman02
pretty sure they dont make an M wagon as I used to be a BMW tech, but it is over sea's so ??? but the 2005 -10 M5 made 505hp and ran 12's out of the box so im not suprised that it hung around.
They make plenty of them, they just don't import them to the US.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Beans
Good kill, but you should give some credit where it's due. You didn't win because you bought American, you won because you built American.
Hahaha.... thanks. That is a true statement!
Old 12-23-2011, 05:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Beans
They make plenty of them, they just don't import them to the US.
Yea they made the M5 Wagon there to compete with the RS6 Avant. Probably raced the M5 version as there is no M3 wagon variant.