Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

BMW Z4 kitten stomping

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 10:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BMW Z4 kitten stomping

First let me say majority of the people that have cut me off in traffic have been idiots driving BMW's. lol. Yes there are douchebags who drive every year make and model car, but with me it always seems to be guys in BMW's.

Well...Leaving a business appointment this morning and heading back to the office I notice a black BMW behind me as I get on the freeway. It was a newer model Z4, definitely a clean car that caught my eye.

So I'm cruising at around 75mph in 6th and gradually pull away as he gets in the slow lane. 10 minutes later during my drive back, he is on my *** riding me.

So I decide to get over 2 lanes as my exit is coming up. This leaves the lane next to me empty. In my mind I am subconsciously thinking "RICER FLYBY ALERT", lol. To no surprise he merges over one lane going WOT, so I drop it into 3rd at around 60 mph and time it.... as he is coming up beside me at a blazing speed I stop his pull almost immediately, and by the time I'm at the top of 4th I must have had a good 4 cars on him at the minimum and still pulling. Wasn't sure of the MPH I was at as I didn't wanna take my eyes off the road to glance down. As soon as I slow down to get off on the next exit, he is still going WOT flying by me.

It was a satisfying kill right before I got into the office, lol. I don't usually mess around on the freeways, but I was having no part of the RICER FLYBY bullshit today, lol.

Then I get home and look at the specs of the Z4 and I'm disappointed. Not much of a kill after all.

1/4 mile time of 14.3 ??? Are you serious? Are these things the Porsche Boxters of BMW's lineup??? For 2012 that is ridiculous for a sports coupe coming from BMW in this day and age. I was expecting high 13's at the least. It weighs a little less than my car @ 3400 lbs.

Nice looking car nonetheless............meow
Old 02-14-2012, 11:32 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Top of 4th? That's like 145 for our GTOs. Do you mean 3rd?
Yeah, they're very heavy for what they are. Ridiculous.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:03 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by audacious nick
Top of 4th? That's like 145 for our GTOs. Do you mean 3rd?
Yeah, they're very heavy for what they are. Ridiculous.
Top of 4th I think is like 130 ish?....6 speed 3:42 geared Mild Cam WS6 here.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jthunderz28
Top of 4th I think is like 130 ish?....6 speed 3:42 geared Mild Cam WS6 here.
What revs are you pulling at the end of the 1/4 in 4th? I'm looking at your mods.

audacious nick: 145mph top of 4th with your lack of mods!!!! Are you running through the end of the 1/4 in 3rd?
Old 02-15-2012, 01:00 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ls1 1990 VN
What revs are you pulling at the end of the 1/4 in 4th? I'm looking at your mods.

audacious nick: 145mph top of 4th with your lack of mods!!!! Are you running through the end of the 1/4 in 3rd?
Last i ran in the 1/4 i got a 13.0 @ 110 with a 2.0 60ft on street tires.
I was in an odd spot just before the end of the 1/4 mile hitting the rev limiter at the end of third gear. So i'd shift into 4th just before i crossed the finish.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:06 AM
ASSuming On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1 1990 VN

My sig list is slightly sarcastic.
The only mod that would change that is a tune raising your redline. The rest is gearing-dependent(all stock).
Nope, I'm shifting out of 3rd at 85-90, crossing in 4th.