Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LS2 GTO vs G8 GT, Camaro SS, & 370Z **VIDEO**

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 11:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS2 GTO vs G8 GT, Camaro SS, & 370Z **VIDEO**

Hey guys. Couple runs in my brothers GTO this weekend. He just got a Svede intake on it so we wanted to see how it compared to a few buddies cars. It's stock besides that. Seemed like it picked up pretty nicely over stock!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN0xk6JpQuk
Old 03-12-2012, 11:56 AM
Teching In

Nice runs man... But I don't understand how the GTO isn't pulling on that G8. I ran him back when my GTO was stock and it was even, but I was spotting him a passenger and a full tank. I would think that with the intake and even weight the GTO would creep slightly.

Think he'd let me bang a couple gears against the G8?
Old 03-12-2012, 12:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
Nice runs man... But I don't understand how the GTO isn't pulling on that G8. I ran him back when my GTO was stock and it was even, but I was spotting him a passenger and a full tank. I would think that with the intake and even weight the GTO would creep slightly.

Think he'd let me bang a couple gears against the G8?
I'm sure he wouldn't mind. Honestly, He was going all out and the G8 just straight up pulled him. You gotta swing out sometime when we head down. Like I said, I'm sure my brother would let you drive it a few times.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:05 PM
Teching In

I'm not saying he's a bad driver, I've seen him go at it. Its more of a I gotta do it myself to fully embrace the reality of the situation lol
Old 03-12-2012, 12:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
I'm not saying he's a bad driver, I've seen him go at it. Its more of a I gotta do it myself to fully embrace the reality of the situation lol
LOL, perfectly understood. He also hasn't had the car very long, even though I'm sure he's pretty used to it by now. Guess theres always room for improvement though!
Old 03-12-2012, 12:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

GTOs are allowed to lose sometimes you know... jeesh.

Nice video! Thanks for sharing... that intake seemed to make a pretty big difference.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:08 PM
Teching In

Can't really say anything or make excuses. Just did plugs and wires, fresh mobil 1 oil change, and now got the intake on. Car feels very strong for intake only and will gladly bark the tires right through 3rd every time. I guess my only advantage on paper would have been weight, but since I had an extra passenger that was compromised. Otherwise, the G8 should be putting down a good 20hp more to the wheels and it showed. Your GTO must have been a factory freak! lol We will see where I stand after the tune.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:12 PM

I had a great time all weekend! We can do more runs this coming weekend if you guys are down. We can try a few different speeds and swap passengers just to see how it effects the race.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:27 PM
Teching In

Awesome runs man and great vids!
Love seeing daytime, close street runs go down like that...
Good stuff...
Old 03-12-2012, 07:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
I had a great time all weekend! We can do more runs this coming weekend if you guys are down. We can try a few different speeds and swap passengers just to see how it effects the race.
I'm def down for more runs! Seems like we have quite a few closely matched cars at the time being so it makes it a great time. Let me know towards the end of the week!

Originally Posted by MACH32V
Awesome runs man and great vids!
Love seeing daytime, close street runs go down like that...
Good stuff...
Thanks man! And I try to get daytime vids whenever possible. We mostly meet up at nights during the summer but whenever we can do it in the light, we try to.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
I'm def down for more runs! Seems like we have quite a few closely matched cars at the time being so it makes it a great time. Let me know towards the end of the week!
Will do! Any chance the 370Z will be out again? My brother want's a shot at it in the LT1. Should be a good race.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Will do! Any chance the 370Z will be out again? My brother want's a shot at it in the LT1. Should be a good race.
Oh I'm sure he'll come out again. That should be an awesome race against your brother. I would think the 370 would pull slightly on it from a roll, but from a dig I think it's a toss up. I'll let him know and we can set something up. I know that when I drove it, I was actually kind of impressed with how the low end torque felt for a V6!
Old 03-12-2012, 10:09 PM
TECH Regular

Great vids, the gto took that ls1 pretty good. My buddy's 05 gto runs strong, ran 12.60s last year with full exhaust, tune, intake and a stall. He runs on bad tires though and has a big cam going in this week! I am interested to see how we Match up...,dead even before with just my headers and now both of us will be cammed by saterday! I pull him on the street but the track was all driver.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:43 PM

sweetC5, you might have mentioned in another thread, but what cam are you going with?
Old 03-13-2012, 12:29 AM
11 Second Club

Good runs! Nice daytime vid as well. Pretty good improvement over stock with the intake.

SRZ walked that *** though lol.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LS1rob00
Good runs! Nice daytime vid as well. Pretty good improvement over stock with the intake.

SRZ walked that *** though lol.
Thanks man....and yea, Clifford the big red dog just can't be beat! That grocery getter sure hauls ***. Sounds like a drag car too haha. It's funny seeing the car, and then hearing it while cruising. Your always looking around for a big stalled drag car....not the case here though!
Old 03-13-2012, 03:40 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
Thanks man....and yea, Clifford the big red dog just can't be beat! That grocery getter sure hauls ***. Sounds like a drag car too haha. It's funny seeing the car, and then hearing it while cruising. Your always looking around for a big stalled drag car....not the case here though!
Yea it was pretty loud but sounds good! Lol. Also weird seeing HIS car for once while racing vs it being filmed from the G8.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great runs and video, guys. Gotta love the G8. Man, I wish GM would stop dickin around and put a Chevy badge on them. What a great all around car. It's sad to see it go down with the Pontiac ship.

Originally Posted by sweetC5
Great vids, the gto took that ls1 pretty good. My buddy's 05 gto runs strong, ran 12.60s last year with full exhaust, tune, intake and a stall. He runs on bad tires though and has a big cam going in this week! I am interested to see how we Match up...,dead even before with just my headers and now both of us will be cammed by saterday! I pull him on the street but the track was all driver.
You guys should definitely get before and after vids for comparison from various rolls/gears/digs if possible. It would be very cool to see.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:58 AM
TECH Regular

Nice runs...I've heard on the GTO forum how nice those Svede intakes are. Nice to see video proof...time to ditch my HAI and pick one up.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by FryZ71
Nice runs...I've heard on the GTO forum how nice those Svede intakes are. Nice to see video proof...time to ditch my HAI and pick one up.
The thing is a very nice fit in there, and it's such a cool looking intake once installed. Apparently there is a 2 week or more wait on them since they are basically made when ordered. My brother got lucky and picked his up from someone in the classifieds on here who bought it but never installed it. After feeling the gains myself, I'd recommend it!

Quick Reply: LS2 GTO vs G8 GT, Camaro SS, & 370Z **VIDEO**