Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2 kills this weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 08:06 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 kills this weekend!

Well nothing big here because I guess I was puppy kicking a bit, but hey they started it! LOL

First race was an unkown mustang, at lest headers and full exhaust. Not sure what year but I would say 02-03 body style. We were rolling slow in first and I gave him the hit, I layed into it slow to keep from spinning to hard and got back to even by top of first, shifted 2nd and jumped out a car and just pulled away till I was a good 3 cars still in 2nd and shut down.

2nd race was my brother's 99 T/A, long tubes, lid, no cats with a dynomax cat back, and tune. This race was kinda messed up though, we were rolling pretty fast already at abouut 65! This is a bad spot for my car, two fast for 2nd and on the bottem of 3rd. His car is auto so unshure how his was at this speed. I gave it a quick rev and let the clutch grab starting kinda low in 3rd, we both got off pretty even. I basicly just started a solid pull untill I was about 3.5-4 cars ahead still in 3rd, i would say 65 till 110.

I expected these out comes but still fun, if I did loose I would have been pissed LOL, but my brother wanted to see how much that cam helped. He used to run with me before the cam, I would still walk him but he would keep up. Now the longer we stay in the gas the further my car just keeps getting away. When we were getting on the highway we both got on the gas, me in 2nd. He kinda keeps up in 2nd but once we 3rd I was pretty much gone.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:02 AM
11 Second Club

If I can get off my lazy *** next friday, and you can make it out... I will give ya a low roll run..

And sometimes you HAVE to kick a puppy.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:14 AM
TECH Regular

Ya I am down, whats all done to your ride? I am sure I will get my *** kicked soon, I am 5 for 5 so far but I havent ran into anything scary yet! LOL
Old 04-09-2012, 10:16 AM
11 Second Club

H/c/I/gears/stall... what's not done is a better question, but she doesn't like roll races... would be more for fun than anything.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:17 AM
11 Second Club

Everytime I am out in my junk I never get a good line up. If I am on the bike or in the truck, I see all the fun cars. I hate that.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:22 AM
TECH Regular

Sounds like I might have my hands full with that one Ya I am always with the wife when I see something good to run!
Old 04-09-2012, 11:27 AM
11 Second Club

Never know. My Boss had a Hemi challenger stick with a few bolt ons, and it was alot closer than I expected from a 40 roll.. From a dig it was over...
Old 04-09-2012, 12:30 PM
TECH Regular

Hell I would be happy to run door to door with a H/C 4th gen thats for sure! How much did it put down, I would not expect to win but it would fun trying to at lest stay with you! Were going to cam my brothers T/A real soon... I am pretty positive I will still have him covered judging how much ground I took in 3rd, but I think it will be very close. Thats gonna be fun!
Old 04-09-2012, 12:35 PM
11 Second Club

Straightline tuned it for 426 or so on their mustang dyno. The 4k stall wakes her up off the line that's for sure.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:51 PM
TECH Regular

Thats right, I remeber you telling me that! So we are pretty even in the power department, mabey I will take the doors and hood of my car first to get the wieght down! LOL, well hopfully the weather is good and we can get out with a some cars and have some fun.