Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

auto camaro 2010 L99 vs auto 5.0 mustang gt

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 11:02 AM
doesn't know what quit means

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default auto camaro 2010 L99 vs auto 5.0 mustang gt

El mero camaro mods are tune only and straight pipe

Fordv8302 mustang 5.0 mods: 410s gears, CAI, real tune, cat delete and gt500 mufflers

Enjoy!!!

first race is a 25roll
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=jw3We5jOcfM

second run was a 50roll
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=lv5cHenYvEU

thrid is a 30roll
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=ohUnkTAHbg8

DIG him riding solo
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=6bhs5E7ZkJE

40roll him riding solo (not my roll)
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=A8XDXFQwCA8

and lastly was a 20roll
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=2fwJCsRlxBA

thanks for watching .... I am happy the way my car is running considering his mods
Old 04-09-2012, 11:39 AM
On The Tree

Links are
Old 04-09-2012, 12:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

well I watched video's form my phone and he pulled you pretty hard each time. On teh dig runs he had soem traction issues but walked by you and kept on walking.

Next considering his mods? He has 3 mods that really work. The gears/tune/and x pipe. The cold air he shouldn't have wasted his money on. And what is a real tune? All other tunes are fake? Yes some are not equal but they are still yunes.

what are your mods again? As I see it looks like his only advantage over your mods is the gears.

Last edited by ohioborn80; 04-09-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

I would assume a real tune is a dyno tune and not a canned one.

You got yanked pretty good....not a great showing for sure.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:35 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I would assume a real tune is a dyno tune and not a canned one.

You got yanked pretty good....not a great showing for sure.
Did you just say a 5.0 yanked a SS...
Old 04-09-2012, 12:40 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lablackbeast
El mero camaro mods are tune only and straight pipe

Fordv8302 mustang 5.0 mods: 410s gears, CAI, real tune, cat delete and gt500 mufflers

Enjoy!!!

first race is a 25roll
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw3We...11AWAAAAAAAFAA

second run was a 50roll
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv5cH...13AWAAAAAAAEAA

thrid is a 30roll
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohUnk...f6AWAAAAAAADAA

DIG him riding solo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bhs5...d8AWAAAAAAACAA

40roll him riding solo (not my roll)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8XDX...c6AWAAAAAAABAA

and lastly was a 20roll
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fwJC...3fAWAAAAAAAAAA

thanks for watching .... I am happy the way my car is running considering his mods
Nice races. Good looking 5.0 too.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Heater
Links are
Don't be grumpy.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
well I watched video's form my phone and he pulled you pretty hard each time. On teh dig runs he had soem traction issues but walked by you and kept on walking.

Next considering his mods? He has 3 mods that really work. The gears/tune/and x pipe. The cold air he shouldn't have wasted his money on. And what is a real tune? All other tunes are fake? Yes some are not equal but they are still yunes.

what are your mods again? As I see it looks like his only advantage over your mods is the gears.
Most cars just get canned tune which idk what that meabs but last time i raced him some guy said the reason he runs so good its because it has a real tune. Btw my mods are tune and straight pipe (which everybody says it kills top end) i have a slap on tune. No WOT runs no nothing not even AFR ...... So whats your point??? An intake its an intake idc if "its a waste" that sounds like a personal problem to me, o and 410s gears. You know thats a gain buddy. And the first couple of runs werent that bad as i would of think .... I love how my 400hp l99 is running
Old 04-09-2012, 04:02 PM
10 Second Club

Most cars just get canned tune which idk what that meabs but last time i raced him some guy said the reason he runs so good its because it has a real tune. Btw my mods are tune and straight pipe (which everybody says it kills top end) i have a slap on tune. No WOT runs no nothing not even AFR ...... So whats your point??? An intake its an intake idc if "its a waste" that sounds like a personal problem to me, o and 410s gears. You know thats a gain buddy. And the first couple of runs werent that bad as i would of think .... I love how my 400hp l99 is running
If he went from a Ford procal(shown gains of 8whp) tune to a Lethal Performance tune(shown 20whp) he is still getting a canned tune or slap on tune. ALthough one is a POS tune and the other is a REAL TUNE as you put it. As I also stated the 4.10 gears helped him. So your 3.27 gears vs his 4.10's. It is what is. And yes a CAI is just that. But test have shown they are a waste of money plain and simple. That the stock Air Box out performs them. You see gains cause every one is testing with hood open where the Open filters of teh aftermarket ones perform great. The stock boc intake is still closed so hood open or shut makes no difference. Running the aftermarket with hood close shows no gains at the track/street/dyno. It is pretty though. You both have no cats so no difference. And GT500 mufflers do nothing but add sound.

So needless to say all your excuses are kinda just that excusses for getting spanked bad. Add some gears. Betting it don't make up for teh way he pulled you. Geuss you need get the rest them mods on you say you have.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Captain Double Post

I love how my 400hp l99 is running
well you must love getting your *** kicked lol,good runs but damn that was a beatin, cant win them all, you need to get that heavy tank moving
Old 04-09-2012, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
If he went from a Ford procal(shown gains of 8whp) tune to a Lethal Performance tune(shown 20whp) he is still getting a canned tune or slap on tune. ALthough one is a POS tune and the other is a REAL TUNE as you put it. As I also stated the 4.10 gears helped him. So your 3.27 gears vs his 4.10's. It is what is. And yes a CAI is just that. But test have shown they are a waste of money plain and simple. That the stock Air Box out performs them. You see gains cause every one is testing with hood open where the Open filters of teh aftermarket ones perform great. The stock boc intake is still closed so hood open or shut makes no difference. Running the aftermarket with hood close shows no gains at the track/street/dyno. It is pretty though. You both have no cats so no difference. And GT500 mufflers do nothing but add sound.

So needless to say all your excuses are kinda just that excusses for getting spanked bad. Add some gears. Betting it don't make up for teh way he pulled you. Geuss you need get the rest them mods on you say you have.
I dont need them like i said i am happy the way my car is running, seems like everybody is right you are a ford nutswinger, i am sure if he had 315s it wouldve been a different story WAY different, and gt500 creates back pressure something i dont have. I am not worry that he beat me it wont be the last time ill loose so i am ok with it and them first runs werent as bad as i tought they would be considering his mods .... Idc if the intake dont help like i said but it cost him money didnt it.?? Ok then well i say if i was to put the SAME exact mods itll wouldve been a different outcome. I can make so many more pros and cons from the 5.0 to camaros, idk why you keep swinging on fords ***** its not like ford swings on yours but anyways only if my tuner had enough time to do me a retune i would have dont my mods already
Old 04-09-2012, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
well you must love getting your *** kicked lol,good runs but damn that was a beatin, cant win them all, you need to get that heavy tank moving
Getting my *** beating really.?? You call that a beating i mean the first 2 runs werent as bad. How do i know if the others he didnt used a lil dope ... I never thought about it until my brother saw the videos and said why were the first ones very close and the other ones werent, i mean he does have a nitrous kit on it. Thats not a beating i have goten smoked worsed, this is just my daily i am more into my truck than the car
Old 04-09-2012, 04:50 PM
10 Second Club

I dont need them like i said i am happy the way my car is running, seems like everybody is right you are a ford nutswinger, i am sure if he had 315s it wouldve been a different story WAY different, and gt500 creates back pressure something i dont have. I am not worry that he beat me it wont be the last time ill loose so i am ok with it and them first runs werent as bad as i tought they would be considering his mods .... Idc if the intake dont help like i said but it cost him money didnt it.?? Ok then well i say if i was to put the SAME exact mods itll wouldve been a different outcome. I can make so many more pros and cons from the 5.0 to camaros, idk why you keep swinging on fords ***** its not like ford swings on yours but anyways only if my tuner had enough time to do me a retune i would have dont my mods already
He didn't put the GT500 mufflers for back pressure. The stock ones have same back pressure. Saying you have none cs took mufflers off and counting his as a power mod is ******* stupid.

And funny every one talking how you got *** handed to you now he has spray also. And in every race he pulls you hard once he gets into it. On the dig. Once he stopped spinning he was rolling out on you.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:53 PM
10 Second Club

And just cs spent money on something don't make it worth while. I spent money on a Hood that weighed 5lbs less then stock. Mainly cause I like it better. Not cause the weight. But I guess you could say it helped me be so much faster.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

To be honest I thought he may have been sprayin to roll out like that. Those cars are closer than that.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:44 PM

I just texted him and he said the C&L intake he has gaved him about 10rwhp his guess he did say they help so stop saying they dont help o and the gt500 mufflers do help lije i said they flow better than stock and he has more back pressure. And i never said he was on spray i said my brother saw the videos and thought he was on dope, also i just asked fordv8302 how bad he beat a local g8 when the g8 obly had intake and tune and he said half of a car and he had the tune, flows, with the stock tube and clamp on intake o and no cats, now if thats the case those 410 gears woked it up big time and the C&L intake did too
Old 04-09-2012, 05:54 PM
10 Second Club

I just texted him and he said the C&L intake he has gaved him about 10rwhp his guess he did say they help so stop saying they dont help o and the gt500 mufflers do help lije i said they flow better than stock and he has more back pressure. And i never said he was on spray i said my brother saw the videos and thought he was on dope, also i just asked fordv8302 how bad he beat a local g8 when the g8 obly had intake and tune and he said half of a car and he had the tune, flows, with the stock tube and clamp on intake o and no cats, now if thats the case those 410 gears woked it up big time and the C&L intake did too
Do some research..and what I said how they test cold air. There is actually like 4 current threads on modularfords of stock intake vs all the cold airs. And how they don't do **** when actually test at tracks. One Guy even did HP test and showed go gains with them when dyno with Hood closed. The cold airs are worthless. Start looking how many guys that bought them are now selling them and going to stock ones again. Waste of money plain and simple.

As far as G8 he should have beat it more. Coming from a G8 I know with those mods you posted it had wouldn't keep up with a 5.0 stock alone with one with any mods.

And no the GT500 mufflers do nothing for power s you think. That is just stupid. They have bigger tips and a don't flow enough to gain ****. Its all sound. Also if they flow more he would lose back pressure. Think about it. Only exhaust mod he did was his x pipe that did anything for power.

Last edited by ohioborn80; 04-09-2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:45 PM
11 Second Club

Not to give excuses but a few runs, especially the dig looks as tho he catches up and passes way to easy for what you have on him. Could be a kit, you check under the hood?
Old 04-09-2012, 10:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're saying your tuner only had enough time to do a crappy tune.... Why would you take it to him then? LOL I paid my tuner to do a "real tune" not some shitty baseline tune that's barely enough to keep my car idling
Old 04-09-2012, 10:38 PM
Launching!

Man y'all are gonna make hio silver commit suicide with this kind of stuff lmaof! j/k...

Quick Reply: auto camaro 2010 L99 vs auto 5.0 mustang gt