Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

RI Callout Runs: WS6 vs 5.0, BOSS 302, 9 Second Turbo Cobra vs Bikes

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 12:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RI Callout Runs: WS6 vs 5.0, BOSS 302, 9 Second Turbo Cobra vs Bikes

Got together with EvanGTO87 for a little fun with my ZZR600. Details are also in the vid.

Evan's BOSS has cat delete, cat-back, intake, and TB.

The WS6 has mild heads, LS6 cam, LTs and bolt ons. Made 407whp.

2012 5.0 is muffler delete only.

CBR1100XX is bolt ons, gearing, jetting and ignition advance.

Cobra has a stalled auto with a Precision 76MM on 21psi.

Some quick cars came out, including SMG944 with a very quick RX7. He blew 5th gear in one of his first races against a CBR1100XX.

A well modded ZX10R also came out, 190whp with aggressive gearing and a 170lb rider.

The BOSS 302 and i lined up for a 60-150 that didn't get recorded, and the ZX10R started in 4th and pulled buses on top of buses on us in a few seconds...absolutely SICK power. Evan had a passenger on that run, got the jump and held a car on me to 120, had a slow 4-5 shift and i put a car on him and held it to 140-145 where he came around me pretty good (i'm topped out around 150 real speed, 163ish indicated).

All in all great runs, enjoy the vid. Full screen recommended.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6bDK...ature=youtu.be
Old 04-15-2012, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Beans
Got together with EvanGTO87 for a little fun with my ZZR600. Details are also in the vid.

Evan's BOSS has cat delete, cat-back, intake, and TB.

The WS6 has mild heads, LS6 cam, LTs and bolt ons. Made 407whp.

2012 5.0 is muffler delete only.

CBR1100XX is bolt ons, gearing, jetting and ignition advance.

Cobra has a stalled auto with a Precision 76MM on 21psi.

Some quick cars came out, including SMG944 with a very quick RX7. He blew 5th gear in one of his first races against a CBR1100XX.

A well modded ZX10R also came out, 190whp with aggressive gearing and a 170lb rider.

The BOSS 302 and i lined up for a 60-150 that didn't get recorded, and the ZX10R started in 4th and pulled buses on top of buses on us in a few seconds...absolutely SICK power. Evan had a passenger on that run, got the jump and held a car on me to 120, had a slow 4-5 shift and i put a car on him and held it to 140-145 where he came around me pretty good (i'm topped out around 150 real speed, 163ish indicated).

All in all great runs, enjoy the vid. Full screen recommended.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6bDK...ature=youtu.be
Sick video.. I was hoping you got the real race between me and the Trans Am. Not the 15 roll with me in second gear lol. As an update in that race. We did a 40 roll with both of us in second gear, he jumped about 3/4 a car (his third beep was somewhere in between him hitting the gas and shifting 3rd gear lol). By 130 i had him by about a solid car length. And he has Lingenfelter ported 243 heads.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:16 PM

Looks like a good time, nice runs!
Old 04-15-2012, 01:17 PM
Banned

Nice vid. Nice to see a bike go down lol
Old 04-15-2012, 01:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

wish i didnt break 5th gear. me and the cobra would have been a super close run. thats basicly how it looked when i ran the 1100. cobra is on pump gas so it has good amount left in it. nice vids btw.

evans boss is pretty fast i think the cat delete added a good amount of power considering its faster then his gto already.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

tough to see but my buddy got a vid of the first run with the 1100. 2nd run i popped 5th but both runs i ended up about a car ahead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnuA05oYLoM
Old 04-15-2012, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by smg944
wish i didnt break 5th gear. me and the cobra would have been a super close run. thats basicly how it looked when i ran the 1100. cobra is on pump gas so it has good amount left in it. nice vids btw.

evans boss is pretty fast i think the cat delete added a good amount of power considering its faster then his gto already.
i think so too. I had a passenger this time i raced the zzr, i got a hit because he couldnt hear my beeps(i couldnt even hear my beeps, stupid peterbuilt). But then i missed fifth gear and he came by me. Got it into fifth and stayed in it and eventually came around him pretty good. It definately pulled harder up top in fifth then it did before. I was able to stop his pull immediately once getting it into fifth gear. Before he would have probably pulled a good amount more in that same situation. Sprockets, exhaust, and some timing... that will be a sleeper of a touring bike. Upset some sport bike setups.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:05 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by evangto87
Sick video.. I was hoping you got the real race between me and the Trans Am. Not the 15 roll with me in second gear lol. As an update in that race. We did a 40 roll with both of us in second gear, he jumped about 3/4 a car (his third beep was somewhere in between him hitting the gas and shifting 3rd gear lol). By 130 i had him by about a solid car length. And he has Lingenfelter ported 243 heads.
Sorry about that. Camera man fail on my part.

Originally Posted by smg944
Thanks, your car is pretty sick, i wish i would have gotten to see some runs with you and the bike or the Cobra. Based on that vid it looks like it would be a tight race.

i think so too. I had a passenger this time i raced the zzr, i got a hit because he couldnt hear my beeps(i couldnt even hear my beeps, stupid peterbuilt). But then i missed fifth gear and he came by me. Got it into fifth and stayed in it and eventually came around him pretty good. It definately pulled harder up top in fifth then it did before. I was able to stop his pull immediately once getting it into fifth gear. Before he would have probably pulled a good amount more in that same situation. Sprockets, exhaust, and some timing... that will be a sleeper of a touring bike. Upset some sport bike setups.
Yeah it def seemed like you came around me harder than before even with the passenger.

I wish we had that run on video. (My camera was in the Cobra at the time).

Exhaust should be in Tuesday or Wednesday. Just a slip on, i don't want to throw $$ at this bike because i probably wont have it very long.

I might put a little hidden spray on it just for laughs...get it trapping 10mph higher and confusing the **** out of people.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Beans
Sorry about that. Camera man fail on my part.

Thanks, your car is pretty sick, i wish i would have gotten to see some runs with you and the bike or the Cobra. Based on that vid it looks like it would be a tight race.

Yeah it def seemed like you came around me harder than before even with the passenger.

I wish we had that run on video. (My camera was in the Cobra at the time).

Exhaust should be in Tuesday or Wednesday. Just a slip on, i don't want to throw $$ at this bike because i probably wont have it very long.

I might put a little hidden spray on it just for laughs...get it trapping 10mph higher and confusing the **** out of people.
Do it! Im a fan of being different. Even if it costs more money lol. Exhaust and spray!
Old 04-15-2012, 02:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Good vid. I would've liked to have seen the full run with the ws6 vs evan.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:30 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Good vid. I would've liked to have seen the full run with the ws6 vs evan.
Thanks.

The run i recorded was crap even if i didn't split them and take off. The WS6 spun on the 1-2 and let out, and Evan started in 2nd.

On clean runs the Boss is definitely faster than the WS6. Even when the WS6 had the jump the Boss walked right by.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:23 PM
Teching In

Solid runs guys! Love that Boss flyby at 1:10 haha. That Cobra is nasty.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cutting through 2 cars racing. Sketchy as ****.
Blowing by people on the shoulder about to race. Even worse. edit: just noticed that was evans....wtf man???

Good video other than that stuff.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I like that cobra. Badass.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WSsick
Cutting through 2 cars racing. Sketchy as ****.
Blowing by people on the shoulder about to race. Even worse. edit: just noticed that was evans....wtf man???

Good video other than that stuff.
that wasnt the shoulder... it was a merge.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice runs, guys. Can't wait until I get to come out and play. I wouldn't mind running the 1100 for ***** and giggles. What year is it?
Old 04-16-2012, 08:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Nice runs, guys. Can't wait until I get to come out and play. I wouldn't mind running the 1100 for ***** and giggles. What year is it?
Its a 98. But he actually sold it today. I wish he didnt. It wasnt a common bike and it didnt look fast. It was old and huge. Plus the rider was 230lbs. Thing has beaten a lot of bikes in its day. However I can probably hook you up with a race against the zx10. His is an 08.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:44 AM
10 Second Club

Its a 98. But he actually sold it today. However I can probably hook you up with a race against the zx10. His is an 08.
Lol, that would be completely pointless Evan.

That ZX10 is MUCH faster than the CBR1100. Different league altogether.

As for PSM, the 1100 would definitely pull you up top. You'd hang better down low than i did, but as the aero takes over there's no making up for the lack of power on the 600s. He is a heavy rider but still trapped 129.x before the bolt-ons, sprocket, jetting and ignition advance. If you ran it all the way out like we did he'd get a few cars on you i'm sure.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

o and btw. After seeing how fast that stock 5.0 was (good driver) and knowing how fast that Trans am is.... there is NO WAY a stock f body would beat or even hang with a stock 5.0. If they do, 5.0 cant drive. Its the same thing as when you see a stock ls2 gto take down a stock ls2 c6... both drivers equal... its not a race.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its a 98. But he actually sold it today. I wish he didnt. It wasnt a common bike and it didnt look fast. It was old and huge. Plus the rider was 230lbs. Thing has beaten a lot of bikes in its day. However I can probably hook you up with a race against the zx10. His is an 08.
Haha, that wouldn't really be worth it but if everyone's out when we all meet up I'm always down for fun runs even if it will be a beating and a half. I took my buddy's 08 ZX10 out for a little while last year. Torquey as hell down low and, well, it's a liter bike, so they're just monsters all over the place.

Quick Reply: RI Callout Runs: WS6 vs 5.0, BOSS 302, 9 Second Turbo Cobra vs Bikes