Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

H/C/n2o C5 Z vs '09 STi

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H/C/n2o C5 Z vs '09 STi

A very good friend of mine has a '09 STi. He had a good amount of work done to it over the winter. IDK import terminology, but I guess this thing is a stage 2, which means its still stock turbo but pretty much everything else top end is touched. Dont even quote me on that either, because I dont really even know his setup. All I know is he made about 360/420 on a mustang dyno running E85 on about 22lbs of boost. My Z06 makes 440/405 on motor and 540/590 on spray on a dynojet.

Anyways, I go over to his house last night and I got my Z06 with me. It was a pretty nice out, considering the absolutely shitty weather we had last week between rain, snow, and high winds. Were sitting at his table with 2 of our other friends.. And prior to this, since he just had his car tuned 2 weeks ago, I told him to get some practice with it and LMK when he wants to have a friendly race. I gave him 2 options..

1) Roll race.. He picks the speed over 10mph, and I wont spray.
2) Dig.. Track only, but I'm spraying... Since I'm still on street tires.

We both thought it was fair, since I didnt want to launch my car on the street next to him anyway incase anything were to happen.

After talking for a few mins, he said he wanted to go from a 40 roll. I told him to pick a speed that would work for him and thats what he wanted. I obviously agreed.

So, we cruise out to his fathers house. Were out in the boonies where theres just open farm field and absolutely nobody in sight. His father has a very long driveway leading back to his house. Has to be over a mile long with his property surrounding it. I've never been there before, but I thought he was kidding when he told me about racing at his fathers house. I was very sceptical at first, but it was a very good spot after I saw it. Its pretty wide too because he hauls farm equipment on trailers out. Perfect location. flat surface, good roads, and nobody in sight.

We quickly speed up to 40, my bottle is off, and I begin to honk it off... I beep once, and he goes! Now, I'm sitting back there like WTF! So, now I start about 1 car back and then leave to play catch up. once I shift into 3rd, I'm back at his door, 4th comes around, and I'm up 1.5-2 cars on him before I shut it down.

We race again from a 25 roll... And this time he waits for the third beep, and I ended up pulling about 3 cars on him.

Both our passengers in the cars are talking **** to eachother when we both slow back down to a stop and turn around. lol. "Just wait for the AWD launches!!", "no replacement for displacement you tards!"... "Tell him to turn the bottle off!"

I told him 1 more race... from a 40. I rolled up my window and told him I was definately spraying him this time around to shut him up... Just to show him that I wasnt spraying before.

So, he honks it off this time, and I instantly start walking him. 8-10 cars before I shut down. We stop to talk to eachother after the race and he said "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!"... I said "nitrous.. just to prove I was on motor before". He's shaking his head at me... As I'm laughing. It was all in good fun.

We might head out to the drag strip this wednesday. I'll have the gopro's on my car to record all the action this time around. Anyways, just figured I'd share.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:50 PM
Teching In

lol sounds like a real nice set up on your car...you need videos tho

Good kill btw
Old 04-29-2012, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks. I was kinda surprised his passenger didn't take one... Since he's always recording them on his phone. I'll get some at the track. Haven't figured out how to make a night time gopro video work well yet.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like fun was had by all! Just woulda thought a C5 weighing hundreds of pounds less with 80 more horsepower would have obliterated that Sti to the tune of a dozen cars on motor. ?? And why was he running meth on such a low power setup?
Old 04-29-2012, 07:06 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Sounds like fun was had by all! Just woulda thought a C5 weighing hundreds of pounds less with 80 more horsepower would have obliterated that Sti to the tune of a dozen cars on motor. ?? And why was he running meth on such a low power setup?
Same. I was expecting a little more rapeage on motor. Sounds like a blast either way
Old 04-29-2012, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

His was on a mustang dyno and mine was on a dynojet. Two different dynos. That would be my only reasoning.

His car pulls hard and dead hooks too.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:45 PM
11 Second Club

subarus rip from a dig but they lack top end power esp with a stock turbo, nice kill

Quick Reply: H/C/n2o C5 Z vs '09 STi