Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I'm going to need forgiveness...

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 01:25 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm going to need forgiveness...

I planted my foot in not 1 but 2 puppies today.

I ran into a 93ish Honda Prelude... 10k HIDs, debadged, exhaust. Long story short... I was trying to get an orange corvette C6 to play. I don't mind taking a loss, but I haven't had a chance to see how well it'll line up with one. Not a Z06 or ZR1, but looked like it might have been an 05 LS2. Corvette guy just ignored me when I was revving with my cutouts open. Figured ok cool, I'll just keep moving when all of a sudden this prelude just ricer flybys both of us. I basically chase him down, and try to line up with him when I hear he's trying to give it all the beans that engine had. I'm unfamiliar with the amount of beans, but it did not seem to be alot. Possibly a handful? I eventually just smoked off and when the speedo said about 130, and I had buses upon buses on him... I slowed down to 60. I waited, but he didn't pass me, nor did he line up with me. I slowed down to 45, and he seemed to do the same... 4 cars back, never lining up or passing me. I said forget it, and just left home.

Once I get around the house, a DTS pulls up next to me at a red light. Older guy with 2 other guys in the car, he asks me if it was the V8 one. I told him yes. And he stated that his was the V8 too. I didn't feel like punting him also, so I nodded and just told him that was cool. The light turns green and he says "Hey you want to run them?" and then takes off. LOL No "yes" from me or anything. So I just take off in first, smoking the tires off in all of first, and smoke past him, and then I bang 2nd and chirp it. By the time I looked, I had 2-3 cars on him at the beginning of 2nd, so I decided I'd slow down. At the next red light, he says "If I had been a bit younger, I would have had you". To which I then reply "Haha Gotcha man. Take it easy". I turn off and drive home. Maybe he just needed his tune to settle? idk.

Meh. This has been the only action I've seen in a while here. My friend with the Evo X doesn't want to run me anymore for his own reasons. His 3rd gear slightly grinds. We're guessing syncros. Its slowly killing me because I want to line up with him again now with my mods.

Sorry its no vs 5.0 thread... but its all I've seen recently, aside from pulling about a car or two on this 2010+ Black Camaro SS with exhaust.

Last edited by odthetruth; 11-02-2014 at 09:19 AM.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:27 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha I like the Dts story !! Good kills ..
Old 05-21-2012, 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Should have told him if you were older it would have been worse
Old 05-22-2012, 02:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by My6speedZ
Should have told him if you were older it would have been worse
Good kills...x2^^^