Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Not an LS win - but a GM win nonetheless - Cobalt SS/TC Vs Built Integra Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 12:16 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or maybe I could race one of those "bolt-on mach 1s".
Old 06-02-2012, 07:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good kill, OP.

That being said... That's not a "built" Honda... That's a bolt-on turbo kit and a tune, and probably headstuds... Hell, He's even still running on the GSR IM... And tire wouldn't help him. I'd bet a paycheck that he's still got the stock open diff.

Even after clearing that up... You still put a hurtin' on him, which is damned impressive in my book. Even a bolt-on kit on a b18c1 should be putting down at least 300-350whp, unless he's running wastegate only. Either way, your SS is haulin'

Tell your boy to do a little research on the Blox 1.5 lsd's. They're budget-friendly, and hold up great if you rip them apart and clean them up. A good LSD coupled with an s300 with boost by gear and a 5-6lb wastegate spring for leaving on, and he should be able to climb out of the hole a little better... Then y'all could have a little more even of a grudge match

*SIGH* Typing all that makes me miss my old Honda's a little
Old 06-02-2012, 07:30 PM
Launching!

Miss your old Honda's. GM just owned that ****.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by O-FiveCC
Miss your old Honda's. GM just owned that ****.
Hey, Honda's were all I could afford when I was in HS, and you can frankenstein the **** out of them and wind up with something relatively quick for cheap.

TBH, I'd still be dicking with Honda's if it weren't for a few things.
1) ALL THE ************* STEALING **** AND BREAKING INTO CARS
2) The immaturity in the scene in general
3) FWD's are a pain in the *** if you want to run consistent times
4) the HP/Dollar ratio is pretty damned high once you get past about 350-400whp

5) A fast Honda is still a ******* Honda. A fast Camaro is a rolling ***** magnet. (Or, as my ex called it, a vibrator on wheels.)
Old 06-03-2012, 09:30 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by roninsonic
Good kill, OP.

That being said... That's not a "built" Honda... That's a bolt-on turbo kit and a tune, and probably headstuds... Hell, He's even still running on the GSR IM... And tire wouldn't help him. I'd bet a paycheck that he's still got the stock open diff.

Even after clearing that up... You still put a hurtin' on him, which is damned impressive in my book. Even a bolt-on kit on a b18c1 should be putting down at least 300-350whp, unless he's running wastegate only. Either way, your SS is haulin'

Tell your boy to do a little research on the Blox 1.5 lsd's. They're budget-friendly, and hold up great if you rip them apart and clean them up. A good LSD coupled with an s300 with boost by gear and a 5-6lb wastegate spring for leaving on, and he should be able to climb out of the hole a little better... Then y'all could have a little more even of a grudge match

*SIGH* Typing all that makes me miss my old Honda's a little
He's got forged internals and I think he said he was running about 16psi or so. Another guy from the shop he works at claimed over 400 to the wheels before it couldn't get an accurate reading. Dunno if it has a limited slip tho. The guy who owns it is one of the "Honda guys" here in town that people say supposedly knows all there is to know about Honda stuff.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

call BS on his ***... He's probably got Ebay Nippon hypereutectic pistons and aftermarket rod bolts. As far as the diff goes, well... Either he driving on spares AND is the worst driver to ever exist, or he's still got an open diff. I had a stripper CRX with a boosted b20 frank motor putting down 519 on E85, and it hooked up better than that on shitty Fuzion HRi's. The dyno slip is BS too. Unless the dyno operator was a complete retard and didn't strap it right.

Call him out on his crap in front of all the Honda guys... He'll catch **** for six months about how the Chevy guy driving a Cobalt knows more about how to set up a honda than he does
Old 06-06-2012, 09:59 AM
On The Tree

call BS on his ***... He's probably got Ebay Nippon hypereutectic pistons and aftermarket rod bolts. As far as the diff goes, well... Either he driving on spares AND is the worst driver to ever exist, or he's still got an open diff. I had a stripper CRX with a boosted b20 frank motor putting down 519 on E85, and it hooked up better than that on shitty Fuzion HRi's. The dyno slip is BS too. Unless the dyno operator was a complete retard and didn't strap it right.

Call him out on his crap in front of all the Honda guys... He'll catch **** for six months about how the Chevy guy driving a Cobalt knows more about how to set up a honda than he does
Here's his official mods list (copied from a local forum):

Wiseco 9 to 1 pistons, eagle forged rods, Defcon sleeved block, ARP head studs, rod bolts, main bolts, Stock OEM GSR head, Precision 1600cc injectors, AEM fuel rail , Walbro 255 fuel pump, MSD Ignition, MSD external coil, Hondata S300, Spoolin performance turbo manifold and 3inch down pipe, Turbonetics 60mm Turbo, Tial 44mm Wastgate, Tial 50mm bov, ACT Clutch
Old 06-06-2012, 10:11 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Built motor in that case, but I see nothing regarding what diff he is running. Also what trans is it? Stock head, meh, and if that head is stock, probably stock IM as well. I'm calling maybe 350 hp. With those forged parts he should be running more boost....if he was smart, he would go e85 and 21 or more lbs. After he works out his traction issues.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

HMMM... That would be what I'd call a 'lego build', assuming he's not just lying his *** off. Something is DEF. not right there. Except for the top end setup, that SOUNDS like a decent build. Even IF he's telling the truth, he's retarded. That manifold is a quality piece, and that bottom end he has spec'd out is for the big boys. That setup should be pushing 450-500whp easy, even without a properly spec'd top end. Either he's lying, has a retarded tuner, or has a turbo that's way out of its efficiency range.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Teching In

Basically comes down to not putting any focus on where it matters, putting the power to the ground.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Basically comes down to not putting any focus on where it matters, putting the power to the ground.
THIS. An LSD, boost by gear, some decent tire, and some motor and torque mounts go a LONG way.

LightningTeg, is your sig right? You're putting down 513 on a b18b? If so, that's NICE. What cams did you use?
Old 06-06-2012, 04:14 PM
Teching In

THIS. An LSD, boost by gear, some decent tire, and some motor and torque mounts go a LONG way.

LightningTeg, is your sig right? You're putting down 513 on a b18b? If so, that's NICE. What cams did you use?
I've got all those things + traction bars and it does really well. Will hook in 1st gear at 7lbs if I roll into it.

Old numbers on 93. Spun a rod bearing when it over boosted.

On E85 now shooting for 500whp. Pretty close to maxing the fuel system.

Stock PR4 head with Crower 404s
Old 06-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Teching In

This is sad LMAO. A properly built NA (all motor) honda would destroy a 1320 time of 13.1 lol. Race a real honda. NA or boosted. You are pretty much way too slow do deal with the big dog hondas lol. 13.1???? that is very very slow for a boosted anything Lmao....

Last edited by BBAP2; 06-06-2012 at 05:18 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BBAP2
This is sad LMAO. A properly built NA (all motor) honda would destroy a 1320 time of 13.1 lol. Race a real honda. NA or boosted. You are pretty much way too slow do deal with the big dog hondas lol. 13.1???? that is very very slow for a boosted anything Lmao....
um.... Troll much?

What do you drive, exactly?
Old 06-06-2012, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

Come up to my altitude bro. 8600ft DA at a 5800ft above sea level track is no joke for a gay little non-boosted Honda. A stock K20 Civic Si is a mid to high 16 second car up here. I watched a K20 swapped EG hatch with basic bolt-ons struggle to crack off mid 13s -- he was running slicks even. There's not a single daily-driven street car Honda in my town that can beat my lowly Cobalt with 4 things done to it. There's lots of them running around with half-*** turbo setups on them and I've decimated every single one of them.

The Integra from the vid and me are going to have a rematch soon - he's going to bolt on his 15" slicks and I'm going to bolt on my 225/45/17 drag radials and we're gonna go at it again.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:17 PM
On The Tree

Here, enjoy these, all courtesy of people racing at my local strip:

http://youtu.be/NhL_t6Cf4cE

lol
Old 06-07-2012, 05:46 AM
Teching In

I would go into depression if I ever went to that track lol
Old 06-07-2012, 06:54 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Probably see alot of guys walking around like wee man kicking their self in the forehead at that track.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:07 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Word? Cool story bro!
Old 06-07-2012, 09:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
I would go into depression if I ever went to that track lol
LOL Viper at 13.5. Id be afraid Id run a 17 in the lt1 lol

Quick Reply: Not an LS win - but a GM win nonetheless - Cobalt SS/TC Vs Built Integra Turbo