Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Audi RS4 vs Supercharged C6 Vette

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 12:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi RS4 vs Supercharged C6 Vette

A perfect-weather night for a cruise... and I stumble into a guy with an Audi RS4 wanting to race.

Wasn't really anything dramatic... the guy passed me and was driving pretty fast so I picked up my speed and paced him a few miles at a safe distance, but close enough that he knew I was still there.
We came to a long open stretch without traffic and he continued to speed up as I got alongside him in the left lane at approx 60-70mph. I leaned on it a little harder to stay a car or two ahead of him and realized he wasn't giving up. Right around 100mph I decided to see what my new blower and 12psi of boost would do, since I apparently didn't have a "convincing" enough lead on him. I mashed the pedal to the floor and the car downshifted from OD into 3rd and took off like a rocket. I was at 148mph in what seemed like just a couple seconds and lifted. I cannot believe how hard this thing pulls at 100+. The Audi didn't have a chance. He didn't want to play after that.

I will however say... the Audi did run pretty ******* good. I had no idea what an RS4 was until I got home and Googled it. Thought it said "LS4" on the trunk. lol
Old 06-14-2012, 01:21 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good kill. I ran into one of those RS4s on the highway when I was driving to PA. Total of 5 people, and a trunk full of paintball equipment in the trunk when I saw him speeding. We never lined up, but... he was by himself. I was fully stock then and felt it would have been a good run had I not had so much weight with me. When he was opening it up, I was staying on his tail for the most part. I too, had to google it when I got home, since I was more familiar with the S4, and S5, and wanted to see what its output was.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:33 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

If there's one thing I hate its supercharged vettes.

Same damn **** as my car... tons of power and torque just... 600+ lbs lighters.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:28 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
If there's one thing I hate its supercharged vettes.

Same damn **** as my car... tons of power and torque just... 600+ lbs lighters.
And a better chassis, better aerodynamics, better suspension.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

There is a guy in town for a bit with a built rs4. Been stroked to 3.0, 29 lb boost on meth about 540-550awhp. It's a nasty piece. He outran 03turbomach this past weekend. I need to get my car tuned once I get my idle figured out so he and I can hit it off. He may out run me too.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

wouldn't even be a race... Op's would take a 560awhp audi buses from a roll... Now a dig that little audi might have something for him... But being an stalled auto, op should have a chance
Old 06-15-2012, 09:03 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by audacious nick
And a better chassis, better aerodynamics, better suspension.
And better looking.

Quick Reply: Audi RS4 vs Supercharged C6 Vette