Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Took down a subaru bro...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 09:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

his training wheels helped him for a bit but after that it was buh-buy!
Old 06-17-2012, 12:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a similar story about a sti guy also but he was packing 530hp! BTW nice kill
Old 06-17-2012, 12:57 AM
10 Second Club

should of keep going and put the hazards
Old 06-17-2012, 10:07 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Ha, I think he got the point.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:25 AM
Teching In

OP..that was great! I love stories like that. Stories like that always make me laugh!
Excellent!...BTW...you ride sounds really nice.

Sounds like that STI guys was used to running slow *** Hondas and never ran into a LSx car.

This brings up another good point. I used to hang out in a spot where there was half imports and half domestic cars. You would be amazed how much the import guys do not even take V8 domestic cars seriously. There was a total lack of understanding and knowledge of what V8 domestic cars can do. They would so quickly dismiss the domestic car as not even being a wothy opponent.

I have to say that most domestic car owners may not always like imports but I feel, that we at least acknowledge their potential in modified form.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

^ most of those guys are young cocky guys who just go by what they hear about domestics being crappy.
They buy a car that their friend has or think its fast because of what they see in movies and then have the same attitude without really knowing about the cars.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Glad to see the GTOs defending its name... unlike most of the other guys with them stuck in the 12s with h/c cars. Props to you sir.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:12 PM
Staging Lane

^ thanks. And I see that alot too and it makes me sad. Some people on the GTO forum with like 450whp running 12's and trapping 113, its sad.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by V8EATR
^ thanks. And I see that alot too and it makes me sad. Some people on the GTO forum with like 450whp running 12's and trapping 113, its sad.
agreed... i went 12.1 at 113 with 350whp lol... with 3.46s.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
^ most of those guys are young cocky guys who just go by what they hear about domestics being crappy.
They buy a car that their friend has or think its fast because of what they see in movies and then have the same attitude without really knowing about the cars.
Well said sir... all the rage right now is "JDM". Even when the first F&F movie came out, im glad I got my T/A. Apperenlty if your car doesnt have VTEC it aint worth ****
Old 06-17-2012, 02:47 PM
Daz
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 95'FiReChIcKeN
Well said sir... all the rage right now is "JDM". Even when the first F&F movie came out, im glad I got my T/A. Apperenlty if your car doesnt have VTEC it aint worth ****
A lot of those VTEC guys have moved on to boost+VTEC !
Old 06-17-2012, 02:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Most import guys will talk **** on domestics but refuse to race because their "tune not set in" "boost leak" "clutch slipping" (insert any dumbass excuse here).

I actually had a guy in a twin cam 1980 corolla (stock engine, thing won't even go 100+ mph). All he had was a sequential transmission for fast shifting. He would be in top of 3rd by 60mph....

He actually came up to me, talked **** to me, saying he would drag my ***, then refused to race me when I didn't accept his "dig run from 0-60." I was like.. who the **** races from 0 to 60? I even offered to give him 2 buses. He came back with a bunch of ghetto colored friends to talk ****. Almost got into a fight that day until they found out I was carrying a 45 on my hip.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Daz
A lot of those VTEC guys have moved on to boost+VTEC !
Really? ****... all hope is now lost for us Domestic guys
Old 06-17-2012, 04:11 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah america baby, i hate dat dere rice.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
Most import guys will talk **** on domestics but refuse to race because their "tune not set in" "boost leak" "clutch slipping" (insert any dumbass excuse here).

I actually had a guy in a twin cam 1980 corolla (stock engine, thing won't even go 100+ mph). All he had was a sequential transmission for fast shifting. He would be in top of 3rd by 60mph....

He actually came up to me, talked **** to me, saying he would drag my ***, then refused to race me when I didn't accept his "dig run from 0-60." I was like.. who the **** races from 0 to 60? I even offered to give him 2 buses. He came back with a bunch of ghetto colored friends to talk ****. Almost got into a fight that day until they found out I was carrying a 45 on my hip.
LOL, wow haha thats pathetic. Was this in the states?
Old 06-18-2012, 03:53 AM
DSS
Staging Lane

damn that STi was a piece of ****, 385whp? haha what a bull **** claim, looked slow as **** prolly 270-280 on mustang dyno, and another one with a very shitty driver, glad you killed him

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
i own both a STi and C5Z i pretty much hang around both crowds

and i hear that just as much from the domestic crowd, if anything from experience the domestic owners tend to complain more and full of excuses, specially when it comes down to racing a AWD car from a dig, they always want go from a roll, but if a nicely build powerful import FWD car try to get a race, all of a sudden its " real man race from a dig only " attitude comes from the domestic owner

alot " car people " in general are bunch of coward lames

Last edited by DSS; 06-18-2012 at 05:25 AM.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:58 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jbhotrod
LOL, wow haha thats pathetic. Was this in the states?
Nah. Down here in Central America.

Who in the ******* US would try to bully a 600+rwhp car with a ******* 1980 corolla with stock engine?
Old 06-18-2012, 04:09 AM
Teching In

Nice kill!

A lot of the import guys(at least around here) go for them cause they're "cool" and a lot of the chicks seem to like them too. One kid I used to go to high school with just got a 03 350z with tune, exhaust, and headers and was like I'm at 380 hp. A few of us just laughed. He had like 5 chicks around him though...although most are sloppy ***** lmao
Old 06-18-2012, 09:04 AM
Staging Lane

Well not wanting to race a AWD car from a dig with a street tired RWD car is different than making excuses AFTER a race. RWD guys wanting a roll is just looking for their strong suit, just like your is a dig with AWD. But its after the race where most of the stupid import kids just start pouring out excuses. This kid says his tune wasn't right, well why in the hell would you put exhaust and a turbo upgrade and not tune it or if you tuner sucks and its not right, why race it?

Originally Posted by DSS
damn that STi was a piece of ****, 385whp? haha what a bull **** claim, looked slow as **** prolly 270-280 on mustang dyno, and another one with a very shitty driver, glad you killed him

and i hear that just as much from the domestic crowd, if anything from experience the domestic owners tend to complain more and full of excuses, specially when it comes down to racing a AWD car from a dig, they always want go from a roll, but if a nicely build powerful import FWD car try to get a race, all of a sudden its " real man race from a dig only " attitude comes from the domestic owner

Old 06-18-2012, 09:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Agreed, I owe a built 05 & 07 STi, and a V. Both sides talk just as much shyt as the other... I have had people askin for 2-4 cars to run my STi because the will spin... I say street racing is just like at the track. Line them up and run what you brung... You don't get space at the drag strip...
Ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning

Originally Posted by DSS

Quick Reply: Took down a subaru bro...