Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

300SRT vs Porsche 911

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 10:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 300SRT vs Porsche 911

Well i was just driving around and noticed this 911 regular carrera coming up fast. At first he was all over my bumper and didnt really get the point when the lane next to me was open. He finally goes gets next to me in my lane laughs with his buddy in the passenger seat and goes WOT. Im thinking WTF. So i hit it to pull up next to him and this guy is WOT and doesnt want to slow down. Eventually he gets way out in front but slows down enough for me to slowly cruise up to him. As soon as i get a couple of cars back of him he guns it again this happens a couple of times.

So in the end i just said F it and gun it after he did ofcourse being a few cars back. I stop his pull and start to catch him and said to myself this is going too fast on a 2 lane road and just back off. He continue's WOT and almost hits a car coming on the street from there driveway, at this point i was way back there. I think it was a 2005-2007 Porsche 911 and seemed to be bone stock, not sure if it was auto or manual. I wasnt paying close attention to speed it could've been from 35-40-90-100mph.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:28 PM
Launching!

What made ypu choose the srt8, just curious?
Old 06-25-2012, 12:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Were having a baby soon, plus the cherry on top of the cake was when i called for a 2003 used red Z06 i was speaking to the owner about purchasing it and then i asked why is he selling it. He said he is having a baby, lol. Im like man i cant buy this car 2 seater and were having a baby coming soon, maybe it was a sign that i dont have my Z06 anymore. I loved that car though, i have to get a C6Z06 one day. Im still mad at myself for not being able to avoid the collision with that B*tch that cut me off. I would've still had the Z06. Everything happens for a reason i guess.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:03 PM
Launching!

But it's a nice car huh? Most people who dont own one or have driven one don't understand just how peppy they are.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I actually made fun of the SRT cars to be honest. I would say they are fat slow pigs. Well after driving one i was wrong for the most part, lol. They are fat pigs but they do haul a** the brakes are good. The handling is whatever, mine from the prior owner has some suspension stuff done to it and handles really well for what it is but in the end its still a big sedan. Its fully loaded so makes decent for long trips. Either way i still would take my Z06 over it but for now at this point in my life i gotta settle for a 4 door and keep the wife happy as well. If i had the money i would buy another Z06 as my 3rd car.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I tried messing with an 300srt on the highway once, that didnt go so well for me lol

My dad has a 5.7 and other then the high windowsills (which I cant stand) its a very nice car.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:57 PM
Launching!

Oo no doubt but they do have some grunt. Do a cam swap, it's super cheap for the hemi motors. Tune it with a 100 shot like your old z28.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

is it just easier to do a cam swap on a hemi meaning labor? I know on the camaro it was a pita since some suggested replacing lifters. The nitrous is sitting in my room that will for sure go on after i get a tune and plugs. I have a friend in a E60 M5 itching to run me but i told him i know better with the way i sit now i will get roasted, lol. Need nitrous to beat him or a cam with full bolt ons to keep up if not a slow pull on him.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by karpetcm
is it just easier to do a cam swap on a hemi meaning labor? I know on the camaro it was a pita since some suggested replacing lifters. The nitrous is sitting in my room that will for sure go on after i get a tune and plugs. I have a friend in a E60 M5 itching to run me but i told him i know better with the way i sit now i will get roasted, lol. Need nitrous to beat him or a cam with full bolt ons to keep up if not a slow pull on him.
Cam only these cars run hard. Most go with the SRTMax Cam. GotHemi on here is trapping 119 with bolt ons, cam and a stall. And dont be scared of the E60 M5 they should trap 115+ but thats not always the case I just ran a E92 M3 and a E60 M5 and beat both from a roll. The E60 was starting the slowly catch me but the E92 was not.

Last edited by NiteRiderWS6; 06-25-2012 at 11:52 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:31 PM
Launching!

oo okkk

Last edited by 99peweterls1; 06-26-2012 at 07:38 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

if i go cam it wont be anything big at all, especially because of the nitrous. I want to keep the car quiet so going cam i gotta probably do headers not sure if i want to put those on and up the volume. Kinda like the tone as we speak. I can do high flow cats but even then it will be too loud. So i gotta research more into it and see what option works best.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:45 PM
Launching!

No you dont go with a small cam, no headers required but they do sound good with them.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ill dump some money into the SRT since im keeping it for a while. I wanna get it on the dyno and take it to the track.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:56 PM
Teching In

Ill dump some money into the SRT since im keeping it for a while. I wanna get it on the dyno and take it to the track.
Heres how the 6.1 can run with a Cam and Bolt ons

vs LS3 C6 with Exhaust

vs LS3 10'ss with intake, exhaust, Fast 102 intake, cam
Old 06-26-2012, 12:55 AM
Staging Lane

Here I am vs a C6 with basically the same mods as me. Car was trapping in the high 120's IIRC. If he wouldnt have red lighted it woulda been a photo finish...

Old 06-26-2012, 11:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I just ordered the Predator/Interface Kit and 160 Thermostat today. There is a guy named Johan M and sent me a DCX custom tune log instructions which im going to have him tune my SRT. He seems like a nice guy and he was refered buy Lewis at Diablew and Lewis is super helpfull and nice as well. Ive heard installing a catch can is a must on these cars since KR is a huge issue especially doing a predator tune. I have no idea how to install a catch can and were in the world is the cheapest one to get. Just finding out more stuff about this car.

Last edited by karpetcm; 06-26-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:30 PM
Teching In

I just ordered the Predator/Interface Kit and 160 Thermostat today. There is a guy named Johan M and sent me a DCX custom tune log instructions which im going to have him tune my SRT. He seems like a nice guy and he was refered buy Lewis at Diablew and Lewis is super helpfull and nice as well. Ive heard installing a catch can is a must on these cars since KR is a huge issue especially doing a predator tune. I have no idea how to install a catch can and were in the world is the cheapest one to get. Just finding out more stuff about this car.
Takes about 5 minutes to install max!

These are the best ones you can get for our cars $95
http://www.custombilletstore.com/Hem...an_p/20010.htm
Old 06-26-2012, 04:45 PM
Staging Lane

Porsche 911s are actually really nice cars, unfortunate though when people like this get a hold of them.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Funny thing is a few months ago in my Z28 i was getting on the freeway and a light blue 911 turbo brand new would try to block me from getting on to the freeway gassing it and then braking and im lookin at him pissed and he is laughing seemed like a oriental guy no disrespect to any race.

I had to go through the exit and its a straight path back on the highway again. I wasnt trying to race it but i got pissed and just gunned it passed him to get on, next thing i know this dude is coming up soo fast from behind me the lady in my next lane has no idea he is coming she changes lanes and they hit each other.

He causes her to go sideways into the freeway wall and he had extensive damage to his drivers side and front. To my amazement 30-45 seconds later he is on my a** again and did a hit and run, i couldnt believe this guy and was shocked. I see him all the time now with a really loud exhaust just WOT all the time zipping through traffic like its a road course. Sorry for the long story, its just strange why people feel the need to act soo stupid.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've raced 2 srt8s and both of them impressed me, people usually only judge them from their size but they didn't realize that the engine and gearing makes up for it..the race I've had with cam/heads/exhaust one was actually very close and I didn't pass him until 120 or so.

Even the one that I posted in here, with tuned only charger srt8 was close, I'm not the best driver though I admit that, but still those cars are impressive for a heavy 4 doors family sedan.