Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

L99 vs cobra, g8, and gto

Old 06-27-2012, 01:35 AM
doesn't know what quit means

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
feathering you isn't helping against a AWD vehicle that would be running least bottom 12's or should be in the 11's. Either one yoru car will not do with its mods.
Well idk what to tell you, all .... Just know from a stop, I am not your typical dumb *** guy that guns it right off the bat and sits there till it hooks
Old 06-27-2012, 03:17 AM
On The Tree

Have to admit that it was odd not hearing the blower on the Cobra.

A pulleyed Cobra makes some noise, and a ported one is usually really loud.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:44 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No offense dude... but didn't sound like a Cobra (no real whine)... If it was a Cobra, somehow, it definitely wasn't 500rwhp. I don't see how an L99 with a muffler delete and a tune puts distance on a 500rwhp Cobra... I don't see how that even makes sense. I wouldn't believe the hype there. But then again... there's too much hype in too many of these vids.

When its the El Mero camaro showin up... Its the only car capable of slaying a Mach.
Once that tune settle... unstoppable?
Old 06-27-2012, 05:16 AM

Read for yourself

http://houstonperformancetrucks.com/...ng-rolls/page2
Old 06-27-2012, 09:14 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Funny talking to people and your own link no one believes your car is what you say. Funny I was told your a tool from talking with a few people. Sounds like no one is buying the tune straight pipe only.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:45 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Funny talking to people and your own link no one believes your car is what you say. Funny I was told your a tool from talking with a few people. Sounds like no one is buying the tune straight pipe only.
EVERYONE knows he is a tool LOL i live here and he is the *** of every joke.

a couple month ago he called out my friends silver 03 cobra and that video was never posted! i don't think his camera man could keep up with it!
Old 06-27-2012, 09:54 AM
Teching In

Old 06-27-2012, 09:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BT03mach-1
EVERYONE knows he is a tool LOL i live here and he is the *** of every joke.

a couple month ago he called out my friends silver 03 cobra and that video was never posted! i don't think his camera man could keep up with it!
So does he lie on his mods or the cars he is running?
Old 06-27-2012, 10:02 AM
Staging Lane

Good Races

Last edited by three83'camaro; 06-27-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:01 PM

Ohio i seen what you put on grrrr8.net ... Yea the person who told you i am a told is mad and on fire because he thinks i am on nitrous but yet none of them can find it ... It ticks them off that they think i am like them and that i really have the time to hide a nitrous kit ..... He is also mad because he tried to fool me that he was N/A bolt on g8 ... But i found a link on grrrr8.net and put him on blast and he got a little upset after that .... O and btmach1 you look more like an *** getting ran thru by a HONDA, and i didnt call out your boy in that cobra, my homeboy who is a fan of cobras wanted to see a cobra in action and he called him out for me .... But as you should know i am not scared to loose. So went for it SOLO, so i would get a video mr.clean?
Old 06-27-2012, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
I have popped hood several times and they sit their and just try to figure it out, i have had one of them go thru all my car so they would shut everyone else up!!! It gets annoying that they blaim you for their acts. But like i said before, "one of these days these ************* gonna see what my car does on spray" i promise you all these ************* gonna think i am a strocker or some ****.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:32 PM
Staging Lane

It's just a simple fact that you're running with 10 and 11 second cars when with your mods you have a.... high 12 second car at best ?
Old 06-27-2012, 12:40 PM

10sec cars??? What car is a 10sec car ... The g8 runs a best of 11.5 @ 122 on dope ... So what will it run on motor?? And the cobra idk what it runs but, 502rwhp is what he makes so i couldnt really tell you what went wrong with him
Old 06-27-2012, 12:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just saying its fishy when I beat you before my transmission was built up and before I had 3.73s and the time we race about 2 or 3 months after that you beat me by like 3 cars, and you claim that you won because "your tune settled in"
Old 06-27-2012, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by CHADsterss
Just saying its fishy when I beat you before my transmission was built up and before I had 3.73s and the time we race about 2 or 3 months after that you beat me by like 3 cars, and you claim that you won because "your tune settled in"
I never said that was the reason my car ran better, i said MAYBE the tune settled in? Never stated as a fact, gears from what i heard slow you down from a roll .... And also the time i beat you 3-4 cars i had also changed the oil and spark plugs .... Idk when.was the last time that was done in the car when i did my first oil change and spark plug change but it helped a lil ... Nothing major, but like i saod jake has went thru the car all the way thru and i have nothing to hide ... So that leaves me no choice but to sit here and take people ****
Old 06-27-2012, 01:00 PM
Staging Lane

WTH is a tune setteling in? if your tuner is halfway decent the fueling tables should be good enough to where your trims are within +- a couple percent and if thats the case when the long term and short term trims do "settle in" you wouldnt even know..ive seen this settle in statment twice in this thread, im not an experianced tuner so i might be missing somthing, enlighten me im curious?
Old 06-27-2012, 01:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
IDK other people have said it but i have never cared because it just a slow *** camaro.

anyway elstupidmaro I'm not going to argue with a handicapped little kid because i don't need any help going to hell.

i just saw someone on facebook posted about this thread and everyone was making fun of you. what you should do to show how stupid FAST your l99, settled tune straight pipe el camaro is? post all these races in the Texas section! you will get the respect you are looking for LOL
Old 06-27-2012, 01:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lablackbeast
10sec cars??? What car is a 10sec car ... The g8 runs a best of 11.5 @ 122 on dope ... So what will it run on motor?? And the cobra idk what it runs but, 502rwhp is what he makes so i couldnt really tell you what went wrong with him
the g8 ran an 11.91@116 on motor
Old 06-27-2012, 01:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BT03mach-1
IDK other people have said it but i have never cared because it just a slow *** camaro.

anyway elstupidmaro I'm not going to argue with a handicapped little kid because i don't need any help going to hell.

i just saw someone on facebook posted about this thread and everyone was making fun of you. what you should do to show how stupid FAST your l99, settled tune straight pipe el camaro is? post all these races in the Texas section! you will get the respect you are looking for LOL
link to facebook plz lolo
Old 06-27-2012, 01:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by three83'camaro
WTH is a tune setteling in? if your tuner is halfway decent the fueling tables should be good enough to where your trims are within +- a couple percent and if thats the case when the long term and short term trims do "settle in" you wouldnt even know..ive seen this settle in statment twice in this thread, im not an experianced tuner so i might be missing somthing, enlighten me im curious?
settled tune is what he made up lol your right... he just don't have a clue what he is talking about.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: L99 vs cobra, g8, and gto