Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My damn near stock 1998 z28 vs 2008 Audi s5 4.2L v8

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 12:35 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default My damn near stock 1998 z28 vs 2008 Audi s5 4.2L v8

Well, just got back into town from vacation in the Okanagan (British Columbia, Canada )Tired as all hell from a long drive home in my brother's pickup.

I picked up my car from the parkade all excited to finally drive something loud with a standard shift Sometimes a break is a great thing, you can get jaded when you drive one of these every day!

So , I pull up to a stop light on my way home and who roll's up next to me but mr.neck tattied shirtless euro douche in his $60 K msrp 2008 Audi s5 4.2L v8.

I feign a yawn when he looks over at me..not really sure why but it seemed to **** him off haha. The light turns green and neither of us launch right away. A couple feet in and he smashes the gas on his Audi. I do the same. Of course , being AWD the Audi starts to put a few cars on me in 1st - 2nd. I can hear the "snick , snick" of his standard transmission and his 7000 rpm isn't doing me any favours right now. I also happen to be in the far right lane which is badly crowned, this is not helping my traction situation!!

I red line it in 2nd, slam it into 3rd and start to pull HARD on Audi boy. 3-4 car lengths and I let off the gas. 3rd gear really is the money shot with this car . I rev match down shift into 2nd with a "snarl, pop" and Audi boy zooms by with a depressed and confused look on his face. I give him the thumbs up but he looks away.

Whatever, he started it. Not my problem a $9900 car just beat up on his luxury sports car. I have long tube headers, off road y pipe and a lid for power mods. ..and my car makes 304.6 rwhp on the local dyno dynamics with our **** elevation here in Calgary , AB of 3,556 feet
Old 07-08-2012, 12:42 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah s5 with a 4.2 is pretty slow. Very heavy. I mean id rather go fast in an audi than my camaro. I had a b5 s4 before my 02 z28. The US versions of audis are nerfed pretty hard.
Good kill none the less. I never understood why people are snooty with slow vehicles.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:53 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 87DodgeD150
Yeah s5 with a 4.2 is pretty slow. Very heavy. I mean id rather go fast in an audi than my camaro. I had a b5 s4 before my 02 z28. The US versions of audis are nerfed pretty hard.
Good kill none the less. I never understood why people are snooty with slow vehicles.
Yeah it was kinda bizarre. Like I say, I try not to be a dick about it and usually will wave or give a thumbs up win or lose..sportsmanship you know! I was pretty happy though seeing as how mine is a fully loaded t top , leather etc pig. But his pig is a little heftier I guess

The high elevation here is also a bitch but its an even playing field for us N/A guys. Lot's of people go turbo here for that very reason.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:59 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah drive train loss on awd is alot. and that 4.2 only makes 345 maybe. They are super expensive to mod. I think a blower for it is like 15 grand. Only makes it a low 12 car. Seems all fast audis anymore are diesels oddly enough.

Quick Reply: My damn near stock 1998 z28 vs 2008 Audi s5 4.2L v8