Go Back   LS1TECH > RACING DEPARTMENT > Street Racing & Kill Stories
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Street Racing & Kill Stories
Basic Technical Questions & Advice

G8 vs 4g63 eclipse gsx at some point

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #1
TECH Enthusiast
Garage is empty, add now
 
Trader Rating: 0
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: crossett, Arkansas
Posts: 701
Default G8 vs 4g63 eclipse gsx at some point

some kid is running his mouth that he will Dust any LS series engine once his engine gets rebuilt. so much so he said with the rebuilt engine but all stock except the rotating assembly he will easily beat my "pos g8" am i missing something here lol. Im confused because i would consider a stock eclipse gsx with a rebuilt engine or not to still be a 14 second or high 13 car right?

someone educate me. the best part. the car isn't even running but he is calling me out lol.
__________________
2009 G8 GT custom intake pipe to stock airbox/solo axle back/custom 93 Tune. everything else 100%stock even tires. 330rwhp/340 12.8@109 1.9 60ft.
now dynotuned 340/350 awaiting times.
GXPPOWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #2
Staging Lane
Garage is empty, add now
 
2SSARME's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 0
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: I'm a Moderator
Posts: 78
Default

Have him join these forums and post his setup.

Typical slow piece of **** is what he has.
__________________

2011 CTS-V: TT
2010 SS: SupaDupahCharged
2012 Ford Raptor: Rollin'
2014 Obama Mobile: Don't run, Don't work, Don't do Nuttin, Except spend money.
2SSARME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #3
TECH Fanatic
2009 BMW 3-Series
 
willizm's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 10
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Joliet,IL and Las Vegas 50/50
Posts: 1,043
Default

GSX's are interesting because they can be absolute monsters or junk and very hard to tell the difference. We would need to know more about his build, turbo trim, fueling to get a better idea on how capable it would be. The bottom end of the older 4g63's have been plagued with crank walk so if he is doing it right, his setup should be more capable.
__________________
2013 f150 EcoBoost FX4 | Mods = *cough*
2010 Escalade Premium | Mods = Urban Assault Vehicle Enhancements
2001 Trans Am WS6 | Mods = PT8285 CEA BB, Forged LS1, Jakes 4l80e stage5 trans, FIC2000's, s60 rearend, etc on e85 "pump" gas.
Tuned by Straightline Performance.
willizm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:15 PM   #4
Staging Lane
Garage is empty, add now
 
Sticks n Stones's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 0
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Snohomish, WA
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by willizm View Post
GSX's are interesting because they can be absolute monsters or junk and very hard to tell the difference. We would need to know more about his build, turbo trim, fueling to get a better idea on how capable it would be. The bottom end of the older 4g63's have been plagued with crank walk so if he is doing it right, his setup should be more capable.
Ehh, from my experience I've learned that whenever someone brings out the "I'll be able to beat any ____ powered car" type of idiocy that they are full of lots of **** and little knowledge. His car will be either slow as hell or in need of a new engine in the immediate future I surmise.
__________________
'05 GTO A4: Built LS2 402 w/LS3 heads, built trans/Yank 3600, CF shaft, Kaaz, BMR, Gforce, 3.70s, EBC brake upgrade, Direzza ZII on Bonspeed 18"s. Body upgrades by Maverick Man.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc3f0JqpRAQ
Sticks n Stones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #5
TECH Enthusiast
Garage is empty, add now
 
Trader Rating: 0
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: crossett, Arkansas
Posts: 701
Default

he said it was a 1g whatever that means? i dunno and that everything would be stock minus the rotating assembly. I've looked up some midly modded DSMs and they all seem to be 13 second cars with a few running bottom 13s. it just blows my mind. the worst is he thinks the G8 is a pos car and worthless i mean i know its not some bentley but this guy is super narrow minded. he then said i backed out of racing him. but yet he doesn't have a car ready to race lol.... this guy uses some crazy ricer logic.... i honestly don't think he will ever have it running.
__________________
2009 G8 GT custom intake pipe to stock airbox/solo axle back/custom 93 Tune. everything else 100%stock even tires. 330rwhp/340 12.8@109 1.9 60ft.
now dynotuned 340/350 awaiting times.
GXPPOWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #6
Staging Lane
Garage is empty, add now
 
Sticks n Stones's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 0
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Snohomish, WA
Posts: 52
Default

Please tell me you are one of the guys stationed at Lewis/McChord in Washington? If not, where? It's truly not that hard to list where you are from when you fill out your info in the control panel.

Other then that, I would tell him to put up or shut up. His POS is always gonna be either broken down or 'being upgraded', either way it leaves him using his Nikes and ricer math to entertain himself. Unless you are exaggerating what he said maybe? Cuz he sounds like a total douche that I am surprised you hang out with.
__________________
'05 GTO A4: Built LS2 402 w/LS3 heads, built trans/Yank 3600, CF shaft, Kaaz, BMR, Gforce, 3.70s, EBC brake upgrade, Direzza ZII on Bonspeed 18"s. Body upgrades by Maverick Man.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc3f0JqpRAQ
Sticks n Stones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:19 PM   #7
TECH Fanatic
2009 BMW 3-Series
 
willizm's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 10
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Joliet,IL and Las Vegas 50/50
Posts: 1,043
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GXPPOWER View Post
he said it was a 1g whatever that means? i dunno and that everything would be stock minus the rotating assembly. I've looked up some midly modded DSMs and they all seem to be 13 second cars with a few running bottom 13s. it just blows my mind. the worst is he thinks the G8 is a pos car and worthless i mean i know its not some bentley but this guy is super narrow minded. he then said i backed out of racing him. but yet he doesn't have a car ready to race lol.... this guy uses some crazy ricer logic.... i honestly don't think he will ever have it running.
Is this a facebook group or something? Ask him what turbo he's going with and how many lbs of boost he plans on making with it.
__________________
2013 f150 EcoBoost FX4 | Mods = *cough*
2010 Escalade Premium | Mods = Urban Assault Vehicle Enhancements
2001 Trans Am WS6 | Mods = PT8285 CEA BB, Forged LS1, Jakes 4l80e stage5 trans, FIC2000's, s60 rearend, etc on e85 "pump" gas.
Tuned by Straightline Performance.
willizm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:24 PM   #8
10 Second Club
Garage is empty, add now
 
Beans's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 0
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: RI
Posts: 5
Default

Didn't read through the responses but he's a ******* moron.

All stock but the rotating assy? If he had a clue what he was doing he'd leave the rotating assy stock and build the head.

Dumbass.
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:42 PM   #9
Staging Lane
Garage is empty, add now
 
2SSARME's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 0
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: I'm a Moderator
Posts: 78
Default

+2 to facebook.
Pass us a link!
__________________

2011 CTS-V: TT
2010 SS: SupaDupahCharged
2012 Ford Raptor: Rollin'
2014 Obama Mobile: Don't run, Don't work, Don't do Nuttin, Except spend money.
2SSARME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:59 PM   #10
Teching In
Garage is empty, add now
 
TooSlowTA's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 4
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 18
Default

Sounds like he doesnt know much about his own car so I wouldnt worry. A gsx built right can be quick as hell so find out what is going into his build. I am actually building one right now, figured it will be a fun daily driver but I have hopes of making a profit off of it to fund my dream of owning a WS6
TooSlowTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:33 PM   #11
TECH Enthusiast
Garage is empty, add now
 
Trader Rating: 0
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: crossett, Arkansas
Posts: 701
Default

Im not stationed anywhere anymore. I was at Fort Campbell for a good while when i was in the Army. Air assault!!! use to drag race at beech bend when i had my Trans am.

anyhow the guy stop talking when a few other people joined in to make fun of him. and trust me nothing was made up. this guy is just the pure definition of a narrow minded ricer.
__________________
2009 G8 GT custom intake pipe to stock airbox/solo axle back/custom 93 Tune. everything else 100%stock even tires. 330rwhp/340 12.8@109 1.9 60ft.
now dynotuned 340/350 awaiting times.
GXPPOWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #12
Daz
TECH Apprentice
Garage is empty, add now
 
Daz's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 18
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: SoCal-Victorville
Posts: 317
Default

DSM can be fast as hell ! You can get 300hp+ with bolt-ons and ebay parts.

1G refers to the 1st gen GSX's(90-94). They came with 6bolt engines. The 7 bolt came in the 95-99, which had problems with crankwalk !
__________________

Above all, Jesus Christ Reigns as King !
Phil. 1:21 "For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."
Daz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #13
10 Second Club
Garage is empty, add now
 
Beans's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 0
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: RI
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz View Post
DSM can be fast as hell ! You can get 300hp+ with bolt-ons and ebay parts.

1G refers to the 1st gen GSX's(90-94). They came with 6bolt engines. The 7 bolt came in the 95-99, which had problems with crankwalk !
Yeah but this one wont be.
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:34 AM   #14
TECH Resident
Garage is empty, add now
 
adamantium's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: From the abyss
Posts: 888
Default

109 mph is nothing to be all high mighty about, a stock 1g with bolt ons and a 16g e85 can easily see 300awhp. IF he's rebuilding with forged internals that bottom end (assuming its a 1g) is good for 650ish+ (depending what sort of internals he went with). Good luck.
__________________
I don't want a large farva.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Heater View Post
How many times have you been looked down upon or demoralized for not using Bowtie power, or being a Flag waving Bowtie Lover?
adamantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:44 AM   #15
Staging Lane
Garage is empty, add now
 
zboy2012's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 0
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Attica, IN
Posts: 76
Default

I agree with everyone that is saying the gsx can be fast as hell. My dad had one that pushed 300hp easy with bolt ons and it was a 1g which is a mean little engine if built right just get more info and hope and pray he's not rebuilding with forged internals and going with a bigger turbo because when most dsm guys build the 1g's they don't keep it stock. But on the other hand they are junk at times too, when one thing breaks you better be ready to spend some cash because something else will likely go wrong too. Sorry about the rambling I'm kind of a import guy too haha.
zboy2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:31 AM   #16
10 Second Club
Garage is empty, add now
 
Beans's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 0
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: RI
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
109 mph is nothing to be all high mighty about, a stock 1g with bolt ons and a 16g e85 can easily see 300awhp. IF he's rebuilding with forged internals that bottom end (assuming its a 1g) is good for 650ish+ (depending what sort of internals he went with). Good luck.
The stock 6 bolt will take 500-550 for years if you tune it right.

You don't build the bottom end of a DSM and leave the head stock. You build the head to make power and leave the bottom end alone unless you're going 35R or larger.

The only reason my Talon had a built bottom end was because after 185K miles of abuse it was starting to lose compression.
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:55 AM   #17
TECH Enthusiast
Garage is empty, add now
 
Sweet_SS's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 0
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Utah
Posts: 702
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GXPPOWER View Post
some kid is running his mouth that he will Dust any LS series engine once his engine gets rebuilt. so much so he said with the rebuilt engine but all stock except the rotating assembly he will easily beat my "pos g8" am i missing something here lol. Im confused because i would consider a stock eclipse gsx with a rebuilt engine or not to still be a 14 second or high 13 car right?

someone educate me. the best part. the car isn't even running but he is calling me out lol.
I love it when my old DSM crew likes to flex their muscle. Here's one of many comments made to me from an 1G AWD laser owner (thought was a friend)

If it wasn't ment to be boosted they wouldn't make the kits for the car. Gettin loans is not having money if you wanna go there I recall you clearly sayin your still makin payments on the talon build from like 6 years ago anyone can build a car on credit. And I don't finish my car because I don't want too. I'm doing other things with my money like having fun. Not putting it into somethin that I know will break after a few pulls weather its an axle or any other stupid thing. And if I did do a V8 I would make sure it was at least 1500 on the first build not 600 that Any 4 cylinder can make. But I'm building a 4 cylinder to laugh at 600hp v8


This guy is a clown. Besides I'm sure my fully forged 376 LS3 will make more than 600. I feel your pain lol Keep in mind that not every DSM owner knows what it takes to build a high horsepower car.

Side Note: Most of us are able to pay cash for everything.
__________________
http://i51.tinypic.com/2v0zd3c.jpg
Forged 376 ci w/L92 heads - Comp Cam 226/232 - KY Turbo kit w/ TC78 turbo - Yank SS3600 converter - 3.23 gears - Built 4L60E - BMR Adjustable rear LCA's
Sweet_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:11 AM   #18
Staging Lane
Garage is empty, add now
 
2SSARME's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 0
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: I'm a Moderator
Posts: 78
Default

lol@1500 comment.

"Pff you and your 600hp are nothing. If I wanted to I'd make 1500. Oh my current car? Well it only is 200 but lots of others ones like my engine make 600."
__________________

2011 CTS-V: TT
2010 SS: SupaDupahCharged
2012 Ford Raptor: Rollin'
2014 Obama Mobile: Don't run, Don't work, Don't do Nuttin, Except spend money.
2SSARME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:27 AM   #19
TECH Enthusiast
Garage is empty, add now
 
Sweet_SS's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 0
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Utah
Posts: 702
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARME View Post
lol@1500 comment.

"Pff you and your 600hp are nothing. If I wanted to I'd make 1500. Oh my current car? Well it only is 200 but lots of others ones like my engine make 600."
That's what I should have responded with.
__________________
http://i51.tinypic.com/2v0zd3c.jpg
Forged 376 ci w/L92 heads - Comp Cam 226/232 - KY Turbo kit w/ TC78 turbo - Yank SS3600 converter - 3.23 gears - Built 4L60E - BMR Adjustable rear LCA's
Sweet_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #20
TECH Resident
Garage is empty, add now
 
adamantium's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: From the abyss
Posts: 888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans View Post
The stock 6 bolt will take 500-550 for years if you tune it right.

You don't build the bottom end of a DSM and leave the head stock. You build the head to make power and leave the bottom end alone unless you're going 35R or larger.

The only reason my Talon had a built bottom end was because after 185K miles of abuse it was starting to lose compression.
I love em, idk why i really wanted a 1g after seeing this local guys car decimate everything basically.
Heres his dyno sheet, he's going with an auto now though.

Click the image to open in full size.
__________________
I don't want a large farva.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Heater View Post
How many times have you been looked down upon or demoralized for not using Bowtie power, or being a Flag waving Bowtie Lover?
adamantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:47 PM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird




Paid Advertisement
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lined up against 1995 Eclipse GSX last night ScreaminRedZ Street Racing & Kill Stories 28 06-16-2012 09:14 AM
Had some good runs tonight (ZX10 & 650awhp Eclipse) JD_Z28 Street Racing & Kill Stories 22 10-22-2009 10:18 PM
Evo vs 3000GT VR4 vs Eclipse GSX w/vid Quik Z06 Street Racing & Kill Stories 16 03-28-2006 01:53 AM


Tags
4g63t, 60, 95, 99, eclipse, foot, gsx, head, lca, ported, racing, rear, slicks, start, time, turnover, wont


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



Join Ls1Tech

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 AC1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertising - Terms of Service - Privacy Statement - JOBS
Emails & Contact Details